Page 27 of 55 FirstFirst ...
17
25
26
27
28
29
37
... LastLast
  1. #521
    The Unstoppable Force Kaleredar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    phasing...
    Posts
    20,706
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonDays View Post
    I mean it really isn't hard to understand what's going on at the end of this expansion.

    • Extremely low effort world content.
    • Dailies take ages to complete.
    • Dailes clickable objects are no longer shared and have long respawn timers.
    • Rare mobs have insanely long respawn timers.
    • Low drop rates on all thing for Dailies.
    • Incredibly low rewards for Dailies. Including low rep rewards.
    • No emissaries for new reps.
    • Visions are time-gated upon time-gated upon time-gated. Can only enter 3 times a week.


    The quality of 8.3 is lackluster at best. Let's hope the Raid is amazing. Because they cancelled 8.3.5.

    It's not hard to discern that this content has been designed to waste your fucking time. They know it has to last 8-10 months so they made it slow and tedious. Why else have we gone back to non-shared world objects, long respawn times and drop rates that aren't 100% anymore?
    And you take your issues with daily design and use that as justification to believe unverified nonsense.

    "This guy is saying what I agree with! Is what he saying true? Is he making it up? Could he make up more things in the future without proof? Who cares?! Because I agree with him!"

    That's dangerous.

    Also, a quick redress: Dailies. Are. Dailies. People really shouldn't go out of their way to praise things like Isle of Quel'danas or the timeless isle and then come right back around and complain about daily activities being boring and reptetive; Quel'danas had no variety of dailies and Timeless isle was probably one of the most repetitive chores I can remember in WoW, farming inconsequential mobs for a cutesy currency and gathering shiny rocks to turn in for a pointless, storyless quest. If you like those, you cannot complain. If you like classic BC rep grinds, you shouldn't complain about low rep rewards. How do these dailies stack up against fucking coilfang armaments? Rare spawns are called rare spawns for a reason. And you complain about time gating? Again, do you also praise BC requiring you to grind up reps by grinding mobs in dungeons to get into daily lockout dungeons to start quest chains to even think about getting ready for a raid? These systems are so much more streamlined than they used to be in the "Halcyon days of WoW."



    Also... who the fuck ever cared about the halfway patch between the last patch and an expansion? WotLK's was the only one that introduced anything of substance in 3.3.5, and even that raid was... really inconsequential. That seems like the dumbest quibble so far.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

  2. #522
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    And you take your issues with daily design and use that as justification to believe unverified nonsense.

    "This guy is saying what I agree with! Is what he saying true? Is he making it up? Could he make up more things in the future without proof? Who cares?! Because I agree with him!"

    That's dangerous.

    Also, a quick redress: Dailies. Are. Dailies. People really shouldn't go out of their way to praise things like Isle of Quel'danas or the timeless isle and then come right back around and complain about daily activities being boring and reptetive; Quel'danas had no variety of dailies and Timeless isle was probably one of the most repetitive chores I can remember in WoW, farming inconsequential mobs for a cutesy currency and gathering shiny rocks to turn in for a pointless, storyless quest. If you like those, you cannot complain. If you like classic BC rep grinds, you shouldn't complain about low rep rewards. How do these dailies stack up against fucking coilfang armaments? Rare spawns are called rare spawns for a reason. And you complain about time gating? Again, do you also praise BC requiring you to grind up reps by grinding mobs in dungeons to get into daily lockout dungeons to start quest chains to even think about getting ready for a raid? These systems are so much more streamlined than they used to be in the "Halcyon days of WoW."



    Also... who the fuck ever cared about the halfway patch between the last patch and an expansion? WotLK's was the only one that introduced anything of substance in 3.3.5, and even that raid was... really inconsequential. That seems like the dumbest quibble so far.
    My opinion is dangerous? Jesus christ dude, chill out. This content patch is pretty fucking weak. It's just an opinion.

    When did I ever bring up BC? Is your whole wall of text rant aimed at someone else? How baffling.

    Why has this daily content design regressed over the course of BfA? They fucking nerfed the Nazjatar quest from requiring 3 rares down to 1 and those ones have a much higher spawn rate and there is more of them.

    I think people cared about an 8.3.5 because 8.3 has so little content in it and the actual content itself is lackluster. Is it weird for people to want something in between a 8-12 month content drought?

    Another reason people were probably hoping for 8.3.5 is the last set of Allied Races and maybe some catch up mechanics to Essences - like vendor purchaseable legendaries in 7.3.5. Really not that hard to grasp champ.

  3. #523
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonDays View Post
    So because they provide you with entertainment for a fee that means you need to defend their every action? Because you definitely do.
    I don't defend their every action. I am critical where I feel it warrants but hey nice job being arrogant enough that you know what is what.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  4. #524
    Quote Originally Posted by Acherus01 View Post
    Looks like Blizzard is facing the same thing that Bungie did.

    Thankfully Bungie managed to get out of Activisions grip before they were suffocated completely.

    Immediately afterwards Destiny 2 got mayor content releases, both new and old stuffs.

    There's almost like there is a pattern here... Hope Blizzard ends up surviving.
    The Name "Blizzard" cannot survive if Activision is gone somehow. They can't leave, it's part of the corporate name now.

    Honestly, your best bet is to just encourage Metzen and those that left to re-form a new team for a whole new game under a whole new corporate name at this point to get "Blizzard" back.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Blizzard with lack of resources.

    Do people actually know how to read? BLIZZARD with LACK of RESOURCES !?!?

    A several billion dollar company...with lack of resources.
    How can somebody with the name "Shadowpunk" not understand Corporate Greed at the expense of its employees?

    By your definition, Amazon and Walmart clearly pay their employees extravagant salaries and benefits packages and don't stiff them at all. =/

  5. #525
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonDays View Post
    It's not hard to discern that this content has been designed to waste your fucking time. They know it has to last 8-10 months so they made it slow and tedious. Why else have we gone back to non-shared world objects, long respawn times and drop rates that aren't 100% anymore?
    The entire point of entertainment is to waste your time. If you don't find enjoyment doing it then stop wasting your time in that fashion. There is nothing about 8.3 that is slow and tedious compared to previous expansions. Mechagon didn't have an emissary. There were no big complaints about that. Dailies don't take ages to complete. The longest one is the rares simply due to high demand few targets. They do not have long respawn timers for clickable objects. The blossom mine incubators are quick to respawn.

    Low rewards for dailies. As if dailies every offered huge rewards. They are there as filler. Do a little if you enjoy doing it or skip them and not miss out. Also one of the dailies is higher reward for low effort. That is the Vision one. Also Visions are not time gated. They are currency gated. You can enter as many times as you can buy the object which is 3 per week currently except for the first week. Time gating is unlocking over time. Like the cloak upgrade quests past 6. That is a time gate because you can only do it once per week no matter what.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by mvaliz View Post
    The Name "Blizzard" cannot survive if Activision is gone somehow. They can't leave, it's part of the corporate name now.
    Corporate names can change. If someone could come up with enough money to buy Blizzard from Activision it would still be allowed to be called Blizzard. Activision doesn't even have to change their name for that to happen. It is the same reason why King is still called King rather than Activision Blizzard King. This is also why Blizzard did not have to change its name each time the parent company changed.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  6. #526
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    The entire point of entertainment is to waste your time. If you don't find enjoyment doing it then stop wasting your time in that fashion. There is nothing about 8.3 that is slow and tedious compared to previous expansions. Mechagon didn't have an emissary. There were no big complaints about that. Dailies don't take ages to complete. The longest one is the rares simply due to high demand few targets. They do not have long respawn timers for clickable objects. The blossom mine incubators are quick to respawn.

    Low rewards for dailies. As if dailies every offered huge rewards. They are there as filler. Do a little if you enjoy doing it or skip them and not miss out. Also one of the dailies is higher reward for low effort. That is the Vision one. Also Visions are not time gated. They are currency gated. You can enter as many times as you can buy the object which is 3 per week currently except for the first week. Time gating is unlocking over time. Like the cloak upgrade quests past 6. That is a time gate because you can only do it once per week no matter what.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Corporate names can change. If someone could come up with enough money to buy Blizzard from Activision it would still be allowed to be called Blizzard. Activision doesn't even have to change their name for that to happen. It is the same reason why King is still called King rather than Activision Blizzard King. This is also why Blizzard did not have to change its name each time the parent company changed.
    Mechagon had a daily that rewards 850 rep. Arguably better than an Emissary that only comes around once a week/every few days.

    Your opinion on long respawn timers does not line up with my experience or my guilds. They've already stopped doing them because no one enjoys flying around the zone for 30 minutes try to click objects that someone gets to before you. Maybe you aren't on a high pop server? We are.

    A currency gate is a time gate when you can only earn a certain amount of the currency per week. That is the literal definition. Visions also have other time gates applied to them like the cloak corruption resistance. It's not possible to clear the whole thing yet because... It's time gated.

  7. #527
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Corporate names can change. If someone could come up with enough money to buy Blizzard from Activision it would still be allowed to be called Blizzard. Activision doesn't even have to change their name for that to happen. It is the same reason why King is still called King rather than Activision Blizzard King. This is also why Blizzard did not have to change its name each time the parent company changed.
    But that's literally my point, it's part of the Blizz/Acti contract - it wasn't a buyout, it was a merger.

    Whatever this "King" company is, that was a buyout. Blizzard and Activision was a corporate Merger - two completely different animals.

    Now, your next argument could be "Well, why doesn't somebody buy the "Blizzard" part?" - again, doesn't work that way. They'd just be buying the dev assets and maybe staff - not the name. You don't just sell a "name"... especially for Acti/Blizz's part because selling half the name would send the Shareholders into a selloff-frenzy, tanking the company.

    Secondly, I seriously doubt anybody would/could be able to afford the Blizzard-half of Activision even if they wanted to at this point. For the price to get low enough to be considered, Blizzard's name/reputation would have to already be thoroughly shit.
    Last edited by mvaliz; 2020-01-20 at 01:05 AM.

  8. #528
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonDays View Post
    Your opinion on long respawn timers does not line up with my experience or my guilds. They've already stopped doing them because no one enjoys flying around the zone for 30 minutes try to click objects that someone gets to before you. Maybe you aren't on a high pop server? We are.
    Oh no competition in an MMO. It isn't that bad even on high pop servers. It also doesn't need an emissary because they rep isn't used for much that is relevant. There is no reason why it needs to be done as soon as possible. The only quest that took a while to do was killing the eyes. It still wasn't anywhere close to 30 mins. Anything you have to click to do is easy. There are plenty of obelisks in out of the way places that are often over looked. It is also stuff they can tweak if it is deemed to be a problem.

    A currency gate is a time gate when you can only earn a certain amount of the currency per week. That is the literal definition. Visions also have other time gates applied to them like the cloak corruption resistance. It's not possible to clear the whole thing yet because... It's time gated.
    Yes cloak upgrades are time gated because you can literally only get it once per week past level 5. That is a time gate. Coalescing Visions can be grinded. It is unpractical to do so because the amounts are low for what you need to use. But you are not limited based on a time gate. There is no wall you will hit that will only unlock with time. A time gate is when you hit a wall that can only be surpassed by waiting.

    Coalescing Visions can be gained as much as you want per week. There is no cap. There is no time gate. Every one though is assured at least 2 a week if they do the weekly and 1k daily. That is still not a time gate.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2020-01-20 at 01:24 AM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  9. #529
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Oh no competition in an MMO. It isn't that bad even on high pop servers. It also doesn't need an emissary because they rep isn't used for much that is relevant. There is no reason why it needs to be done as soon as possible. The only quest that took a while to do was killing the eyes. It still wasn't anywhere close to 30 mins. Anything you have to click to do is easy. There are plenty of obelisks in out of the way places that are often over looked. It is also stuff they can tweak if it is deemed to be a problem.



    Yes cloak upgrades are time gated because you can literally only get it once per week past level 5. That is a time gate. Coalescing Visions can be grinded. It is unpractical to do so because the amounts are low for what you need to use. But you are not limited based on a time gate. There is no wall you will hit that will only unlock with time. A time gate is when you hit a wall that can only be surpassed by waiting.

    Coalescing Visions can be gained as much as you want per week. There is no cap. There is no time gate. Every one though is assured at least 2 a week if they do the weekly and 1k daily. That is still not a time gate.
    Oh okay. I wasn't aware that a BiS minor Essence(for DPS) that has corruption resistance on it isn't relevant but okay. You're obviously correct.

  10. #530
    Quote Originally Posted by MatadorMedia View Post
    Retail WoW's population is diminished, the amount of content released has decreased, and the amount of cosmetic purchases has increased. That follows the exact model which predated HOTS moving into maintenance mode. The Classic WoW bubble might inspire Blizzard to rebuild but since Shadowlands looks like the least amount of content of any expansion, I'd say they aren't particularly interested; cross your fingers, though.
    HOTS had its esports league completely canceled, and didn’t even exist at Blizzcon in any tangible way. Wow is getting a new expac which is only “content light” if you’d like to ignore the fact that it’s a new expac.

    WoW is not HOTS. The writing is not on the wall.

  11. #531
    Bellular is just a money grubber, his videos are click bait, hype machine trash. I used to watch them to catch up the latest patch info but they are so terrible now I ignored his channel.

  12. #532
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonDays View Post
    Oh okay. I wasn't aware that a BiS minor Essence(for DPS) that has corruption resistance on it isn't relevant but okay. You're obviously correct.
    So you are in the area hunting every last bit of reputation but are going to complain about dailies taking a little bit? Hunting all rares will take longer then any daily.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  13. #533
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    There is nothing about 8.3 that is slow and tedious compared to previous expansions.
    The daily quests have both slow respawn timers and have no notable gameplay. Worst since WoD.

    Oh, and those quests are not rewarding at all, before you bring up the scapegoat argument, that they do not matter. That just makes it even worse.
    Last edited by yogdadoolin; 2020-01-20 at 06:52 AM.

  14. #534
    I don't know how anyone can take bellular for his word lol... he literally looked you in the eye and told you to download "RAID :SHADOWLEGENDS" . Anyone who could seriously promote that game doesnt have any say with me

  15. #535
    Legendary! sam86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    WORST country on earth (aka egypt)
    Posts
    6,980
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarba View Post
    Nah. Lorewise it went bullshit in vanilla with those two ridiculous factions wich pretty much fucked up everything else and didn't make sense. It went 10 times worse with bc. Just a let's kill great characters from war3 for reasons. Ho and let's add russian space octopus with interdimensional spaceship. In wotlk they finaly tried to make a story and it was a fucking joke. Arthas became a bad cartoon vilain. And they tried to explain it with a ridiculous nonsense final twist.
    Wow team has allways been shit in term of story. So BFA is really nothing spécial.
    Only good things is some rare good side quest line.
    bad story still made sense
    nothing compare to MoP+ 'lore', specially WoD, WoD has its own dimension of sh8t
    fat pandas who spent 10k years doing absolutely nothing, all their technology and civilization is the same since they took over mogu, even monkeys learned to use tools in less time and pigs irl
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

  16. #536
    Must be nice to cash out with WoW youtube videos: write up some random stuff, this is speculated, this leaked, that guy talked, etc. and just post it here and on reddit. People will bite into anything there is. You are just consumers, you have no real stake here. If you enjoy the game - play it. If you dont - quit it. Nobody cares about opinions cause no matter how much you post, if you keep paying, thats all that matters.

  17. #537
    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    bad story still made sense
    nothing compare to MoP+ 'lore', specially WoD, WoD has its own dimension of sh8t
    fat pandas who spent 10k years doing absolutely nothing, all their technology and civilization is the same since they took over mogu, even monkeys learned to use tools in less time and pigs irl
    No. Bad story AND does not make sense.
    Two factions didn't make sense. BC has no sense at all. And wotlk was the final insult to spit on war3. "We must allways have a lich king! Why? Because the mindless undead would be to dangerous.
    -More than an undead army who serves one cunning mind?
    Yes, because of reasons.
    And the final arthas fight? "You defeated my strongest creatures one by one. It was part of my plan to get the strongest soldiers! Lol"

    You complain about wod? It started with bc. Just so they could add Archimonde as a raid boss.

  18. #538
    Herald of the Titans Strawberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    2,746
    Activision is driven by profit because they need to please the investors.
    But it's the players who actually can make or break this profit.

    You.

    Not me.
    I quit a while ago.

  19. #539
    Not really something verifiable without a source.

    I know the whole " source has to stay anonymous " thing but without a source these claims might aswell be from a "dev" post on 4chan.

  20. #540
    Quote Originally Posted by mvaliz View Post
    How can somebody with the name "Shadowpunk" not understand Corporate Greed at the expense of its employees?

    By your definition, Amazon and Walmart clearly pay their employees extravagant salaries and benefits packages and don't stiff them at all. =/
    But thats exactly what im saying to be the case.

    Im saying Blizzard has little interest in making a new patch because it probably makes zero sense "money-wise".
    If making another patch was a "smart move" aka "money maker move"...Blizzard would absolutely do it.

    This is what i believe.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •