Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    This is why we cant have nice things anymore.
    They should connect ur b.net account with mmo-c to be able to post, so maybe we would avoid dribble like this all the time.
    Mmo-c has absolutely no connection to b-net or blizzard. If you want a forum like that, blizzard provide exactly that. If you don't like the way the forum is run, approach a moderator with your recommendation, or post in an appropriate sub forum.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Potatowizard View Post
    And comments like this are fucking annoying. People wanted Classic WoW. They gave us classic WoW.
    Not "Classic WoW 2.0 with a bunch of needed changes"
    People wanted the old game, flaws and all. You make a change to content from how this game was. You might as well just make a whole new game because you just opened pandora's box.

But on a real note though. There is nothing to discuss here. This is all made up nonsense.
    So like the change to the GY in PvP? A core tactic used during vanilla has been disabled by blizzard. But that doesn't fit the narrative, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Fancydress View Post
    This is from a colleague of mine who works in lives in a particular city in a particular island nation for a particular company. He knows I play WoW and forwarded this to me:
    - Blizzard is disappointed that WoW Classic is such a joke and everyone is laughing at them in industry and looking at WoW Classic as an example of how NOT to relaunch things - think Anthem and Breakpoint teams.
    - Everything is way too easy and everything gets exploited and abused as soon as it is released, because the playerbase is no longer as naive as they were back in the day.
    - So they are massively buffing BWL. They internal tests and calculations show that it will be full cleared in under an hour after release. That's content that's meant to last players a few months.
    - They are buffing everything in the raid. Most likely through resistances and mob damage. They can't really add any mechanics.
    - All current gear is going to be useless for BWL and players will have to get pure resist gear, just to survive in there. This means that some bosses will be mathematically unkillable for a while, until the players figure it out and Blizzard "fixes" it.
    - Depending on the success of this, same thing will happen with AQ and Naxx further down the track.
    - Although initially things looked positive, the decline overall in subs has been disastrous.
    - The costs to develop and launch Classic are much, much greater than many seem to realise, and the initial budget was blown out by over 45%.
    - During launch month, multiple teams were reassigned to help deal with the workload, and are no longer required. Expect an announcement regarding layoffs soon.
    - All future development has been put on hold, including the 2022 launch of BC realms. This may be revisited at a later date, but seems unlikely at this time.
    lol. this is the worst wow-related leak post ive read in months. and thats saying something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    No Changes. I doubt they'd pull this.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Because this is obviously a fantasy from the OP's mind. There's nothing to discuss.

And it's not that Classic is perfect, it's that it has always been intended to be as faithful a recreation of vanilla as it could be and the items listed in OP would go directly against that.

You're so apologetic about this that I'm starting to think OP is a sockpuppet of yours.
    Except that massive player number drop off and dead servers indicate that people actually wanted the spirit of Vanilla WoW, not the actual Vanilla WoW.
    They expected a game with good community and challenging content. They got none of that and left.

It's funny, as much as a lot of people make jokes about how easy classic is (at least in my friend group), i legitimately feel like thats what people like about it despite not wanting to admit it. I feel like massively buffing any of the old raids would do more to damage classic than you'd think.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    I have to say, if you think stringing a couple of hundred words together is a lot of effort, you need to adjust your calculations a bit. As I have said to others, if you have nothing to add, and don't want it discuss the topic at hand, all you are doing is trying to be a part of the thread, and bumping it back to the top.
    You keep bumping it as well, and are consistently defending the conspiracy theory and lies by the OP... which is a brand new account. Make one wonder...

- - - Updated - - -

Except that massive player number drop off and dead servers indicate that people actually wanted the spirit of Vanilla WoW, not the actual Vanilla WoW.
    They expected a game with good community and challenging content. They got none of that and left.
    We're still waiting on that e-mail.

Quote Originally Posted by bmjclark View Post
    It's funny, as much as a lot of people make jokes about how easy classic is (at least in my friend group), i legitimately feel like thats what people like about it despite not wanting to admit it. I feel like massively buffing any of the old raids would do more to damage classic than you'd think.
    I have said this so many times - it is ridiculously easy, and that is absolutely fine - its story mode wow, a social alternative to the competitive retail. One of the key reasons i enjoy raiding in classic is the braindead nature - talking shit in discord, having a laugh, telling stories about vanilla etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    You keep bumping it as well, and are consistently defending the conspiracy theory and lies by the OP... which is a brand new account. Make one wonder...
    Oh the irony is astounding here. You flat out refuse to accept that anything in the OP might be true because they cant "prove it" and yet you feel entitled to make baseless accusations towards another forum user, without any proof at all. Almost like you simply ignore the OP because it doesnt fit your narrative. Unless you have something to support your claim about my account, i strongly suggest backing off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Is this supposed to be some sort of parody out of Bellular's video about the live/retail dev team being demoralized or something?

The amount of time people are spending discussing whether or not a niche, unchanging version of the game is good or not is astounding.
    Endless, pointless repetitions of the same tired talking-points between the players who enjoy it, and those who can't understand why or how some people do enjoy it, using the exact same arguments over and over and over and over and over. There are people who very clearly want nothing to do with Classic who has hundreds, even thousands of posts in this subforum pretty much circlejerking in every thread about "I can't enjoy it" "it's more x than I thought" "I thought I wanted to play it but...",

ie the threads from players who aren't/weren't Classics demographic (old-school MMORPG players), and just want to have their own version of "I'm quitting and this is why"-thread.

What a goddamned waste of time.
    Last edited by MasterHamster; 2020-01-19 at 10:59 PM.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clbull View Post
    I'll believe it when I see an actual announcement or credible leak.

I refuse to believe that Blizzard would massively buff raid content for the sake of not having APES world first the raid in mere hours.

If Blizzard really have been haemorrhaging subscribers, maybe they should try hotfixing their morals first before breaking their #NoChanges promise?

I quit WoW because of what they did to Blitzchung and haven't touched anything from Blizzard since. After watching the company shit all over Heroes of the Storm, Classic was my last hurrah and while I enjoyed the Classic experience greatly, unfortunately (for Blizzard) I have a moral compass and don't approve of how and why they punished Blitzchung for speaking up about Hong Kong. All they had to do was distance themselves from his statement and set clear rules in place to ensure it doesn't happen again; not distort an already ambiguous rule to fit their own twisted narrative.

And I actually know die-hard Blizzard fans who went further than me and issued formal account deletion requests to Blizzard. Blizzard's servers were actually overloaded with account deletion requests following the Hearthstone Grandmasters controversy.

Given the retirement of WCS and rumours that Overwatch League is being shitcanned, I wouldn't be surprised if Blizzard were in dire financial straits thanks to their incredible PR misstep.
    You're more then welcome to leave this site, then, we won't miss someone bereft of intelligence.

Awesome Sig/Avatar by the lovely Rivellana

Can we get a new sub forum for these leak stories? I enjoy reading them, but it's distracting when they're posted as fact.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

15+ Year Old Account
    A massively buffed BWL would not be the original unaltered vanilla experience we were promised, so your "leak" seems to be faulty.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    A massively buffed BWL would not be the original unaltered vanilla experience we were promised, so your "leak" seems to be faulty.
    The way I understand it is Blizzard are now leaning to "spirit of Vanilla WoW", not the exact copy of Vanilla WoW. Their internal calculation show better player retention with that.

This is from a colleague of mine who works in lives in a particular city in a particular island nation for a particular company. He knows I play WoW and forwarded this to me:
    - Blizzard is disappointed that WoW Classic is such a joke and everyone is laughing at them in industry and looking at WoW Classic as an example of how NOT to relaunch things - think Anthem and Breakpoint teams.
    - Everything is way too easy and everything gets exploited and abused as soon as it is released, because the playerbase is no longer as naive as they were back in the day.
    - So they are massively buffing BWL. They internal tests and calculations show that it will be full cleared in under an hour after release. That's content that's meant to last players a few months.
    - They are buffing everything in the raid. Most likely through resistances and mob damage. They can't really add any mechanics.
    - All current gear is going to be useless for BWL and players will have to get pure resist gear, just to survive in there. This means that some bosses will be mathematically unkillable for a while, until the players figure it out and Blizzard "fixes" it.
    - Depending on the success of this, same thing will happen with AQ and Naxx further down the track.
    - Although initially things looked positive, the decline overall in subs has been disastrous.
    - The costs to develop and launch Classic are much, much greater than many seem to realise, and the initial budget was blown out by over 45%.
    - During launch month, multiple teams were reassigned to help deal with the workload, and are no longer required. Expect an announcement regarding layoffs soon.
    - All future development has been put on hold, including the 2022 launch of BC realms. This may be revisited at a later date, but seems unlikely at this time.
    cool story,but no,there are like 3 guys in the classic team,and the resub alone gave them huge profits over the ''development'' spent on classic,the idea that multiple TEAMS would be assigned to classic is the bigest parody i have ever heard

on a more serious note,wile i would agree with a bwl buff,plenty of private servers have done this very well,i am 110% sure blizz wont do this,as no1 in blizzard actualy has any good idea these days

The way I understand it is Blizzard are now leaning to "spirit of Vanilla WoW", not the exact copy of Vanilla WoW. Their internal calculation show better player retention with that.
    you went too far with your bullshit, though. unkillable bosses and needing resist gear for BWL was never part of the spirit of vanilla wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Clbull View Post
    I'll believe it when I see an actual announcement or credible leak.

I refuse to believe that Blizzard would massively buff raid content for the sake of not having APES world first the raid in mere hours.

If Blizzard really have been haemorrhaging subscribers, maybe they should try hotfixing their morals first before breaking their #NoChanges promise?

I quit WoW because of what they did to Blitzchung and haven't touched anything from Blizzard since. After watching the company shit all over Heroes of the Storm, Classic was my last hurrah and while I enjoyed the Classic experience greatly, unfortunately (for Blizzard) I have a moral compass and don't approve of how and why they punished Blitzchung for speaking up about Hong Kong. All they had to do was distance themselves from his statement and set clear rules in place to ensure it doesn't happen again; not distort an already ambiguous rule to fit their own twisted narrative.

And I actually know die-hard Blizzard fans who went further than me and issued formal account deletion requests to Blizzard. Blizzard's servers were actually overloaded with account deletion requests following the Hearthstone Grandmasters controversy.

Given the retirement of WCS and rumours that Overwatch League is being shitcanned, I wouldn't be surprised if Blizzard were in dire financial straits thanks to their incredible PR misstep.
    this is such a silly mentality,you quit a game you love because of an action you disagree with,an action that wasnt even caused by the devs of the game you actualy like,you arent hurting blizzard,you are punishing yourself for nothing,you as an individual wont change anything,this is just as silly as the people who bash bernie sanders for taking an airplane when global warming is an issue

also this isnt moral,morality is about increasing well being and minimizing suffering,what you are doing isnt a moral action
    Last edited by deenman; 2020-01-19 at 11:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    And yet they announced a major change to a legitimate PvP tactics. Where do you draw the line? Changes you like are ok. Changes you don't like are not?

If you actually think about it, some of this "leak" makes sense.

Blizzard completely under estimates interest, as usual, and tells people to move to other servers. People dont listen.

Blizzard spends money in convincing people to move. They don't listen. Huge server queues on launch. Blizzard plead with people to move. They dont. New servers have low population.

People abuse and exploit game. Blizzard spends money fixing it. MC is killed by a bunch of pre 60s. In the first week. Blizzard is embarrassed.

Despite listening to players demands for new servers, players continue to ignore them. The joke of the content encourages people to quit.

Blizzard brings forward DM. Players still quit. Blizzard brings forward PvP. Players abuse it then quit. Blizzard brings forward BGs. Players abuse it and quit. Blizzard openly breaks #nochanges for the first time. Players still quit.

This is spiralling out of control for Blizzard. They have spent more than anticipated on PR, new (now dead) servers, contractors to deploy and maintain the servers, all for a project that was suppose to be easy money.

The gy change was probably a test to see what the reaction would be to a change. Of course at the orders of Activision. Nothing more than a ripple. I think there might be a bit of hyperbole used by the leak for sensation. But as we all know, Classic was suppose to be a way to print money for Blizzard and Activision will not be happy with the way content has been consumed.

Expect changes to hp and damage. Blizzard will put it off to "we are keeping with the spirit of vanilla by making the raid closer to the difficulty in the original..."

Maybe don't DE that resist gear just yet...
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

OP suuuuuuucks dick from behind
    Chicken fried rice is delicious!

meh I don't even think any one was really surprised that it would get steamrolled, you even had the old 'you think you do, but you don't' shit, pertaining to that very thing, you think it will be amazing, but it likely won't be. and its not really super engaging, its even painful to a degree.

I enjoy raiding its not that bad most of the time, it doesn't matter if its difficult or not, for me its essentially the commitment, logging in enough times to reach the end, hoping to see everyone else in the guild maintain that enthusiasm, because at the end of the day the only thing that really stops you from moving forward is when ppl stop logging in. that was the same back in the day, the extent of the difficulty was pretty much getting 40 ppl to log in consistently so the whole can move forward.

Quote Originally Posted by NihilSustinet View Post
    you went too far with your bullshit, though. unkillable bosses and needing resist gear for BWL was never part of the spirit of vanilla wow.
    The difficulty and TTD for the bosses is the "spirit of Vanilla WoW".
    The industry and commentators are not looking at Classic as a success, they are looking at it as an example of how not to do things.
    They don't care about "patch 1.12", "original Vanilla warts and all". All they see is contents gets released - content gets abused and exploited immediately and nothing is being done about it. They see normal players leaving in droves and exploiters are continuing playing the game and continuing their abuse and exploits.

Quote Originally Posted by NihilSustinet View Post
    . unkillable bosses ... was never part of the spirit of vanilla wow.
    Should i tell him or......

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    cool story,but no,there are like 3 guys in the classic team,and the resub alone gave them huge profits over the ''development'' spent on classic,the idea that multiple TEAMS would be assigned to classic is the bigest parody i have ever heard
    This is the biggest lie in the entire classic fanbase - that any of you have any understanding on classic development, its costs, the revenue generated, and the final profit - you have absolutely no idea whatsoever as to how profitable classic was in the first month, how dramatic the dropoff was, and what their ongoing costs are.