Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The raid is pretty spot on.. but what else did we get? We get to kill a bunch of tentacles in old zones. WTF. This is the worst f patch we had in ages. After 8.2 beeing so amazing we get this.......

At least we got shadowlands in 8 months, doing nothing but weekly raiding 'till then. Sadly.

I'm having fun with it, good time with friends who have hated BFA till now
    Unf - Night Watch - Pagle

Consider the ocean waves, and how the moon's force guides them this way and that across the earth's surface. Human life is an insane coincidence. We are an instance of the universe becoming conscious of itself, yes, old news but always worth review.

"Attention everybody: This is my hot take on BFA, completely original!"

*Ok, time to exaggerate like there's no tomorrow*

There is a reason only clowns like you take your nonsense statements serious.

Quote Originally Posted by Mozu View Post
    God I hate this argument. Classic proves this wrong. I care more about gearing up in classic than I do in retail 1 week into a brand new patch. That is an issue. It has nothing to do with the game being 15 years old.
    It's not even an argument, it's appeal to normality.
    They should really shut-up with the "learn to be content" bullshit, this is a product we paid for, it's well within our rights to revoke that payment if it turns out to not meet it's advertised state.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by HatsHatsHats View Post
    I'm having fun with it, good time with friends who have hated BFA till now
    The play-cycle is at least fun, if it wasn't fucked over by the classes being shit or the systems time-gating vision attempts it would be great in a better expac.

also, shills, people don't burn-out from doing fun content EVER(the fact this year is defined by several decade old franchises having return-to-forms should illustrate that fact for you), they burn-out from having to do boring frustrating content to be able to do the fun content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    Budget cuts, lay offs and a lack of resources, and piss poor employee morale. Shadowlands is not looking too good either

- - - Updated - - -

Its not hard, it overly tedious and repetative for no reason other then lack of imagination on the devs part. The fact that nothing we are doing now really matters at all and is just busy work till 9.0 does not help/ Nyalotha should have been its own expansion
    Couldn't agree more with that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EpicPhoenix View Post
    • It all started with the Uldum questline in HoO: "Activate the elevators". I'm playing since 2008 october, but I never spent 30mins on a quest before without having any idea what to do and even a youtube video wasn't helpful enough. It's done now, but I still don't get it what the hell was going on there.
    • Mogushan scenario: Stage 4 "Reach the mogushan Vaults" - No this is fake, you have to kill a bigger Mantid. Stage 6: Reach the engine. Nothing on map, no idea where to go... What the hell? Scenarios were never this hard, information is fake or useless. What is this nonsense... I didn't ask for "ultra hard mode".
    • Quests: Oh boy, those quests are nightmarish.
    • Both areas: Killing 1 mob gives 1% is already a disaster, but the area is huge, you always have to fly around for more mobs, instead of being a small area, where you can kill, whatever you can reach. So kill 100, but also spend EVEN more time by flying around (I know some items gives 5%).
    • Uldum: Collect 6 something, which every 100th mob drops (main quest was already at 100%, while I still only had 4 of this). Similar issues in Eternal Blossoms too.
    • Main quest finish (kill the big mob): You enter a zone, where you have to walk about 3 minutes to reach the big mob, then when you kill it, walk another 3 minutes. What the hell?
    • Make it even worse: Travelling to these zones takes A LOT OF TIME! To Uldum: Boralus > Portal to SW > Fly to other end of SW > Uldum. To Eternal Blossoms: Boralus > Portal to SW > Portal to Jade Forest > Fly a lot...
    • Oh, and another issue: I've already played a lot in these zones, I don't wanna see them again, I want new zones. Also Uldum is the one of the worst zones (most boring) ever created and now we go back there (instead of something way better like Twilight Highlands or Mount Hyjal if we stay in "Cataclysm" zones).

Seriously, what were they thinking? Completing these every day takes like 2 hours, which is too much for me + it's super boring, while doing Nazjatar and Mechagon every day took like 30mins and it was mostly fun.

So tell me, do you feel the same way, or just me?
    It's just you.

First off, the intro quests (while longer than normal) were good. Decent content and story to follow along. They also tie in some older lore for those that actually played in MoP and Cata.

Next, if you're doing killing mobs to complete the invasion bar, you're doing it wrong. There are mini-events all across the zone (which require players to find them or look on wowhead for a map) which give higher percentage for a relatively quick event (especially with more people).

And lastly, traveling in the two older zones is really trivial. Cataclysm portals in either capital city will take you straight to Uldum. Pandaria is a bit misplaced but either find a mage or set your hearthstone to the Vale. Use the Dalaran Hearthstone and/or Garrison Hearthstone if you need alternative ways to reach your capital city. If you're willing to spend some more currency, there are many other items in-game that can teleport you to your capital city.

And finally, new zones could be potentially horrible. Think Argus... could you fly in Argus? NO you couldn't. Revisiting old zones means there's a high chance that you already have flying for those zones.

So be a little bit more grateful that the devs went with older zones instead of "new zones".
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

Have to admit the "Activate the elevators" confused me as well.. I looked on YouTube aswell..

"Kill 4 rares in the area" (3 now).. Is still so damn annoying, it takes an hour to complete on each of my alts..
    11 alts later and its time to go to bed.

Edit: I honestly don't care about all of this though.. I just want a new raid and higher ilvl to be happy.

Kill the rares quest is the most obnoxious chore ever.
    The pandaren spirits that have fuckall spawn timer are camped by 50+ people in an area that's swarming with mobs.
    etc.

Great design guys!

10+ Year Old Account
    yes, connecting the beams is super hard. also the engine of nalak gate is right there, how can you miss it?!

jesus, the game isnt hard, its you.
    [/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Honestly..wouldn't even remotely cross my mind to do it on an alt..for what...75 rep? Barely do it on my main...unless I log in at a busy time and it goes quick. I mean...these dailies reward pitiful rep and pitiful visions...why even bother?
    Well, the problem is... because you need the rank 3 of your bis dps essence in 1 month and a bit and not in 6 months by the way rep gains go atm. Which is absolutely mind numbing stupid design.

Smile

It all started with the Uldum questline in HoO: "Activate the elevators". I'm playing since 2008 october, but I never spent 30mins on a quest before without having any idea what to do and even a youtube video wasn't helpful enough. It's done now, but I still don't get it what the hell was going on there.
    Yes, this was a bit confusing. I spent maybe 5-10 minutes figuring it and was tempted to go look something up, but decided against it. It wasn't that bad, but it was slightly irritating. I'm more ticked that it took that much to get an elevator going when we have super Magni with us who can link up titan architecture to MOTHER from a zone away, but can't just get the elevator going on his own. /shrug

Mogushan scenario: Stage 4 "Reach the mogushan Vaults" - No this is fake, you have to kill a bigger Mantid. Stage 6: Reach the engine. Nothing on map, no idea where to go... What the hell? Scenarios were never this hard, information is fake or useless. What is this nonsense... I didn't ask for "ultra hard mode".
    I have no trouble with this one, not sure where we differ. I ran Vaults tons in MoP though, so I knew where we intended to go, maybe that's the difference. Either way, I don't remember having any trouble with this scenario/quest chain.

Quests: Oh boy, those quests are nightmarish.
    Both areas: Killing 1 mob gives 1% is already a disaster, but the area is huge, you always have to fly around for more mobs, instead of being a small area, where you can kill, whatever you can reach. So kill 100, but also spend EVEN more time by flying around (I know some items gives 5%).
    Uldum: Collect 6 something, which every 100th mob drops (main quest was already at 100%, while I still only had 4 of this). Similar issues in Eternal Blossoms too.
    Main quest finish (kill the big mob): You enter a zone, where you have to walk about 3 minutes to reach the big mob, then when you kill it, walk another 3 minutes. What the hell?
    The quests seem fine to me, outside a few: kill 4 rares or kill/save this thing that people can tag share, but is dead or saved in 2 seconds. Not fun just flying in circles hoping to get the tag on something in time, especially when it can take 10-20 minutes for that one quest alone. The push the bar quest is super easy, not sure where the complaint is there. Just do the other quests and you'll have that done before you know it, never focus it, it's a non-issue to me.

Make it even worse: Travelling to these zones takes A LOT OF TIME! To Uldum: Boralus > Portal to SW > Fly to other end of SW > Uldum. To Eternal Blossoms: Boralus > Portal to SW > Portal to Jade Forest > Fly a lot...
    It is certainly annoying, but there tons of ways to portal around, luckily, especially if you have certain items (guild rep cloaks, timeless isle trinket, Challenge mode portals, etc). I will agree that it seems quite disconnected when you're just portaling back and forth everywhere.. it is part of why I think Cata as an expansion was meh. None of the zones were connected, so you just spent time taking portals back and forth everywhere, instead of having a new continent to explore and all the zones in one area. Just imagine if we didn't have flying..what a pain it would be then.

Oh, and another issue: I've already played a lot in these zones, I don't wanna see them again, I want new zones. Also Uldum is the one of the worst zones (most boring) ever created and now we go back there (instead of something way better like Twilight Highlands or Mount Hyjal if we stay in "Cataclysm" zones).
    I certainly agree here. I see a lot of people saying they're glad to be back in Uldum and that it was an underused zone. I don't get it, very bland and boring and it was used for a leveling zone, two dungeons, and a mini-raid, how much more focus do you want? Twilight Highlands was a great zone and I also would have like to have seen it used more instead of Uldum. No thanks to Hyjal though.

Seriously, what were they thinking? Completing these every day takes like 2 hours, which is too much for me + it's super boring, while doing Nazjatar and Mechagon every day took like 30mins and it was mostly fun.

So tell me, do you feel the same way, or just me?
    I liked the variety of quests in Nazjatar and not too many of them made me go UGH. Pre-flying Nazjatar was just painful though, f the layout of that place, it was like the devs made it as annoying as possible to force you to get flying. No way you did both it and Mech in under 30 mins, even after flying that would be quite quick. Mechagon had a way better layout, but more annoying quests. Some were interesting, others just a pain when it is super populated. Both zones also included way too many items that you needed to hold on to for certain quests, making stuff at to XT robot, etc. My bag space is limited and coveted, please don't make 10 new items in each zone that I need to hold onto.

I like that we can fly in the new zones, there are only a couple quests, and that we need to save 10 items for each zone. If they fixed it so some of the 3-4 dailies didn't require 20 minutes of looking for things, it would go a long way towards improving it. I don't see how each zone is taking you an hour unless you're also trying to get every rare. I go for all the dailies + all the mini-events and it takes about 20-30 minutes per zone (unless there is one of the terrible quests I mentioned previously, then add 10 more minutes to that, or I skip it).

There's my 2 cents.

Why do I "need" it? Unless this is about getting every single one of your alts into raids...which I don't. But if you think you do, I get what this is about. Still wouldn't remotely cross my mind, but fair enough for anyone who is into it.

Guess who's going to get benched, me or the guy that can fly around for hours? New essence is borderline broken for many specs and gated behind this tedious rep grind.
    The prospect of having alts has also gone out the window with this.

You either man up and waste hours or go casual. I'll never understand why they doubled down on this system that forces you to waste time on purposely time consuming chores instead of actually doing content.
    Last edited by Sorshen; 2020-01-20 at 10:00 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Only thing that stands out to me about 8.3 is I almost fell asleep twice, two different days, completing the cloak quest line.

Imagine doing it on 4+ alts lmao. Imagine even having that many alts. Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    The difficulty is refreshing tbh. The traveling is also something more reminiscent of the old days of WoW sin having to wait on boats and zeppelins

The only thing I dislike is how insignificant the amount of coalescing visions you get outside of the weekly quests are
    I think that was the point. Visions and cloak upgrades are pretty much timegated; you can just do your weekly and biweekly Assaults and will be well within the curve. Dailies are only worth it if you really, really want the rep or are going full on megaturbonerd to have one, mayyyybe two cloak levels ahead of the curve. I think it's a bit of a shame given that Horrific Visions are by far the best new content of the patch and I'd like for us to get a sort of practice run per day or something, to test them out more often in an environment less punishing of failure. But getting negligible amounts of Visions seems very much intended, so as to discourage anyone but the very most hardcore to have to farm them.

As for the traveling, I don't get the argument personally. There's literally a portal to Uldum in Orgrimmar/Stormwind, and the Vale is maybe one minute of flight away from the Pandaria portal in these same cities. This isn't 7.3 where navigating Argus was a giant pain in the ass.

Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post
    Only thing that stands out to me about 8.3 is I almost fell asleep twice, two different days, completing the cloak quest line.

Imagine doing it on 4+ alts lmao. Imagine even having that many alts. Wow.
    Even a single alt is pretty fucked atm.

10+ Year Old Account
    the whole currency rate is trash i failed my rank 6 vision so now im behind fuck this
    "Voted Most Likely To Be Banned From The Forum."

depends how much you want concentrate during a brain numbingly boring storyline

Quote Originally Posted by WraithKingOstarion View Post
    A bigger disaster is the doom train that has been riding thru this website dogging on this expac since BFA beta lol.
    BFA hasn't been a bad expansion, what it has been is badly mismanaged. Everything they do nowadays is rushed or is done cheap and fast because that's how Activision-China wants it. WoW's story has really become a dumpster fire. The classes are all repetitive and boring. World Quests were a good idea made into something boring and awful. PVP is a repetitive, unbalanced joke. The subscription system has been abused with the shop mounts. Allied Races and Mounts were created in place of actual content. Ion Hazzikostas is a bug-eyed piece of garbage.

BFA isn't a bad expansion, it's a badly mismanaged expansion. I can't say enough good about the musicians, the art team, the programmers, the animators, and the remaining forum community team members. The people trying to make something out of WoW are the real heroes here. The writers, the managers and the corporate scum in charge are the reasons BFA has had major problems.

You must never have played back in 2005...Desolace, anyone.
    I liked the original Desolace.

Quote Originally Posted by GUZ View Post
    the whole currency rate is trash i failed my rank 6 vision so now im behind fuck this
    Just get both ranks next week

Seriously do people not realize you essentially get 2 free visions a week with minimal effort

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JacobusRex View Post
    BFA hasn't been a bad expansion, what it has been is badly mismanaged. Everything they do nowadays is rushed or is done cheap and fast because that's how Activision-China wants it. WoW's story has really become a dumpster fire. The classes are all repetitive and boring. World Quests were a good idea made into something boring and awful. PVP is a repetitive, unbalanced joke. The subscription system has been abused with the shop mounts. Allied Races and Mounts were created in place of actual content. Ion Hazzikostas is a bug-eyed piece of garbage.

BFA isn't a bad expansion, it's a badly mismanaged expansion. I can't say enough good about the musicians, the art team, the programmers, the animators, and the remaining forum community team members. The people trying to make something out of WoW are the real heroes here. The writers, the managers and the corporate scum in charge are the reasons BFA has had major problems.

Good content with shit systems