So within the span of a few weeks Omicron has became the most common variant of covid in the US....FFS

This bullshit is never going to end..
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

First Omicron Death in U.S. Was Reinfection—A Warning to Those Who've Already Had COVID

The first confirmed death from the Omicron variant in the U.S. was a reinfection, serving as a warning to people who have already had COVID-19.

Health officials in Harris County, Texas, reported on Monday that a man aged between 50 and 60 had died after testing positive for Omicron.

The man, who was not named, had previously been infected with COVID-19, health officials said. They added that the patient was "at higher risk of severe complications from COVID-19 due to his unvaccinated status and underlying health conditions."

Get the damn vaccine. Seriously. Omicron is bloody spreading like wildfires in San Francisco. The positive test result number has quadrupled (correction it is six times of what it was a week ago). However, hospitalization is flat, death is zero in the last 7 days, and there are no fully vaccinated or boosted patients in SF General or Zuckerberg General.

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    https://www.cnn.com/2021/12/20/polit...er-shot-boos/l

I will never miss this this cognitive dissonance from Trump fans.

"I WON'T GET THE VACCINE (that the man I worship spearheaded the development and deployment of. Who also received all his shots plus his booster even after getting sick at least once [natural immunity, anyone]. I STILL DON'T TRUST BIDEN'S VACCINE EVEN THOUGH THE VACCINE BIDEN TRIED TO PUSH (J$J) ENDED UP BEING KIND OF DUD THAT NOT MANY PEOPLE ACTUALLY RECEIVE BEING PARTISAN ABOUT IT IS IRRELEVANT"

Maybe if Trump's opponents keep reminding MAGA country that Trump is very much for the vaccines, just maybe they'll give up on politics.
    Works both ways. When Trump was pushing the vaccine it was the left who was against it. People aren't following the facts but rather their own party affiliation.

Quote Originally Posted by crewskater View Post
    Works both ways. When Trump was pushing the vaccine it was the left who was against it.
    Incorrect. There was concern that the administration would try to rush through the vaccine without proper testing, so there was concern about that. Given that, you know, they'd tried to have agencies push hydroxy already and were talking about injecting bleach and sunlight into people like very Big Galaxy Brains.

There was never any hesitancy about a vaccine that went through the proper process - which the current vaccines did. Just that the previous administration, who were increasingly learning about how deeply they fucked up the response and how many tens/hundreds of thousands of people could have avoided death had they been even remotely competent.

People aren't following the facts but rather their own party affiliation.
    They're not even following that, dude. The Death Cult politicized the virus/pandemic from day one, so I don't wanna hear this "both sides" bullshit. That's just attempting to rewrite history to feel better.

Trump is has literally been telling his cult to get vaccinated since earlier this year, and they've booed him each and every single time he's even tepidly promoted vaccinations.

No, this is just Death Cultists being Death Cultists.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    Get the damn vaccine. Seriously. Omicron is bloody spreading like wildfires in San Francisco. The positive test result number has quadrupled (correction it is six times of what it was a week ago). However, hospitalization is flat, death is zero in the last 7 days, and there are no fully vaccinated or boosted patients in SF General or Zuckerberg General.
    According to this data from earlier this year for the Delta variant, average time from infection to symptom onset is about 5 to 6 days, and median time from symptom onset to hospitalisation is between 1 to 6.7 days depending on age and whether the patient lives in a nursing home. Assuming those figures are similar for Omicron, you'd expect to see a spike in hospital admissions about 13 days after widespread infection.

However, it was on December 13th that the UK government health agency estimated that Omicron infections were already running at 200,000 per day, and yet there's been no spike in hospitalisations, even though the jabs are meant to be less effective against Omicron. Covid hospitalisations in England on December 13th were 760, and on the 19th were 799. That's down from 866 at the end of October.

So either they got the numbers massively wrong (again) and/or the South African data suggesting Omicron is causing milder infection is true.

edit: Just to say, health staff absence due to infection or self-isolation seems like it might be the bigger problem we're about to face here.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    According to this data from earlier this year for the Delta variant, average time from infection to symptom onset is about 5 to 6 days, and median time from symptom onset to hospitalisation is between 1 to 6.7 days depending on age and whether the patient lives in a nursing home. Assuming those figures are similar for Omicron, you'd expect to see a spike in hospital admissions about 13 days after widespread infection.

However, it was on December 13th that the UK government health agency estimated that Omicron infections were already running at 200,000 per day, and yet there's been no spike in hospitalisations, even though the jabs are meant to be less effective against Omicron. Covid hospitalisations in England on December 13th were 760, and on the 19th were 799. That's down from 866 at the end of October.

So either they got the numbers massively wrong (again) and/or the South African data suggesting Omicron is causing milder infection is true.
    It looks like Omicron illness and infectious periods are earlier and shorter than Delta. At least with fully vaccinated cohorts.

According to UCSF, the infectious period in fully vaccinated is between day 3 and day 5 of exposure. Tests prior to day 3 are unlikely to produce results. The same with tests after day 5. I want to stress that we are talking about fully vaccinated person only. Which is the vast majority of the San Francisco population.

Here is an example of how rapid and short the infectious period of Omicron.

Attendees of IAC Miami Conference Arrive in Israel With COVID

All fully vaccinated, tested negative before boarding, and 10% of the passengers ended up testing positive upon arrival in Israel. Israel now banned travel from the US.

- - - Updated - - -

Omicron is now the dominant variant in Miami-Dade. The 7 days per capita case is now over 400. New hospital admission is only up 60%. So far.

- - - Updated - - -

The viral load in San Francisco wastewater is going up.

San Diego wastewater viral load doubled in a week. UCSD scientists said that they had never seen that before.

So far hospitalization in California is flat. In fact it is declining. Slightly.

- - - Updated - - -

However, hospitalization had doubled Since December 1 in Connecticut, Delaware, New Hampshire, New Jersey and New York which have higher vaccination rate than California. Maybe it is the combination of the vaccine and getting covid that is keeping hospitalization flat in California? Just speculation. We probably need a nationwide seroprevalence study to see where we are with regard to Covid immunity.
    Last edited by Rasulis; 2021-12-21 at 06:32 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Armael View Post
    Without the lung component "playing as big of a role (which alone was a factor in many deaths)."

Happier?

I want to remain cautiously optimistic that it spreads easier but is less deadly because of that. That would be a good thing.
    The thing is with delta still around and omicron on the rise there is a not-insignificant chance that they combine and then we have delta death rates with omicron spread rates, fun times, fun times to come.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Works both ways. When Trump was pushing the vaccine it was the left who was against it. People aren't following the facts but rather their own party affiliation.
    ...that you would post this with no sense of irony is worrisome.
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    The thing is with delta still around and omicron on the rise there is a not-insignificant chance that they combine and then we have delta death rates with omicron spread rates, fun times, fun times to come.
    Starting to sound like college fraternities and sororities. One of these days we will have theta kappa kappa omega variant.

Starting to sound like college fraternities and sororities. One of these days we will have theta kappa kappa omega variant.
    Let me know when we get to Lamda Lamda Lamda, because I'm already prepared for that one.

15+ Year Old Account
    I shouldn't have laughed.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

It looks like Omicron illness and infectious periods are earlier and shorter than Delta. At least with fully vaccinated cohorts.

According to UCSF, the infectious period in fully vaccinated is between day 3 and day 5 of exposure. Tests prior to day 3 are unlikely to produce results. The same with tests after day 5. I want to stress that we are talking about fully vaccinated person only. Which is the vast majority of the San Francisco population.
    We have also seen this elsewhere and I don't see how unvaccinated would start being infectious at some other time - but possibly being infectious for longer.

https://twitter.com/noraneus/status/1473274287939325953

In which Death Cultists encourage other Death Cultists to "ambush" Dr. Fauci, the top infectious disease expert in the US, with a "kill shot" so he "doesn't see it coming".

As of writing, Jesse Waters is still employed by Fox News despite telling people to kill a government official whose entire job is it to try to keep people safe during a pandemic.

That can't be good; remember that Omicron is the micro (short) 'o' - Omega is the mega (long) 'o'.

First Omicron Death in U.S. Was Reinfection—A Warning to Those Who've Already Had COVID

Even with Delta, if you had the alpha variant and caught Delta, you were more likely to have worse symptoms and/or die. If you don't die, you were usually added as a statistic in long covid symptoms anyway. Meaning you have long lasting lung or heart damage, some having long lasting brain damage from being on a ventilator.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://twitter.com/noraneus/status/1473274287939325953

In which Death Cultists encourage other Death Cultists to "ambush" Dr. Fauci, the top infectious disease expert in the US, with a "kill shot" so he "doesn't see it coming".

As of writing, Jesse Waters is still employed by Fox News despite telling people to kill a government official whose entire job is it to try to keep people safe during a pandemic.
    I felt bad for Fauci. He does not deserve to be vilified like this. Especially by jerkwads who were just trying to make political points.

Omicron suspected after Marin holiday party leads to 28 breakthrough cases

At least 28 people who attended a holiday gathering in Marin County last week have tested positive for the coronavirus in an outbreak likely caused by the highly infectious omicron variant, the county health officer said Tuesday.

Face coverings were not required at the indoor party, which was held before the state re-instituted a universal mask mandate, said Dr. Matt Willis, the health officer.

The event hosts insisted that all attendees be fully vaccinated, and asked that everyone take a rapid COVID test at home to confirm they were not infected on the day of the party, Willis said. Many of the people in attendance also had gotten booster shots.

But more than half of the 50 to 60 attendees have now tested positive, Willis said. All of them have reported mild illness or no symptoms, and none have been hospitalized.

“The organizers did everything right,” Willis said. “They limited attendance to people who were fully vaccinated, they requested that people obtain rapid testing before attending.”

Viral samples from the infected individuals are being sequenced to determine which variant was the source, but Willis said it’s almost certainly omicron based on how many of the people at the event have tested positive.

“Even with the delta variant, which we knew was highly contagious, if one person were infected we would not see anywhere near this number of secondary infections,” Willis said. “I would be very surprised if this was not omicron.”

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    That can't be good; remember that Omicron is the micro (short) 'o' - Omega is the mega (long) 'o'.
    Did not even notice the coincidence. Good catch.

Literally wrong. The only one that said anything about it was Kamala, when she said that if only Trump is pushing it, and no doctor, then she wouldn't get it, but if doctors are pushing it, like Fauci, then she would get it.

Because we know literally the bullshit that Trump pushed, that have killed thousands. Like Hydroxychloroquine, Bleach, Ivermectin and every other bullshit that moron has pushed.

Omicron is now 59% of new cases in California and 70% of new cases in Bay Area. We'll see how hospitalization hold up in the next few days.

https://www.orlandoweekly.com/Blogs/...-to-rosa-parks

And today's episode of "Covidiots", we have a Florida Man (of course it is), who is now permanently banned from flying on United.

Why?

Because he wore a red thong on his face as a "mask", and was a dick about it.

He thinks he's god-damned Rosa Parks. These people genuinely compare themselves to Holocaust victims and Civil Rights heroes. They are truly deranged and detached from any semblance of reality.

Honestly, I'd love to see all the airlines share lists. Just ban the lot of them. Flying is a privilege, not a right. If you choose to be an unrelenting dick and put other passengers and flight crew at risk, you don't deserve that privilege.

Everyone thinks they're the main fuckin character.

It does not work anymore.

Some Houston hospitals suspend COVID antibody treatments due to ineffectiveness against Omicron

Meanwhile Florida DPH is trying to obtain more doses from Glaxosmithkline. I guess they haven't heard the news.

Get the vaccine.