10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypasonic View Post
    You're quoting media sources that are literally being paid by the UK government in media revenue, they are not impartial. If you honestly think that testing is "somewhat up" I can't debate further with you.
    You're saying The Guardians is funded by the UK government? Lulz. Source, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    Actually the hospitalizations have gone up a bit since December 4th, but only by perhaps 10% (until Dec 22nd) while reported cases have increased by 100% - and the positivity rate is also increasing indicating that there are even more cases; so it being mild still holds up.
    Except, no.

New hospitalizations in England were 635 on 12/4 and have gone up to 1246 on 12/22. That's a 96% increase. 7-day average has gone from 706 on 12/4 to 950 on 12/22; that's a 35% increase, but obviously it's starting to see a sharp increase lately.

The graph really speaks for itself on this.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    You're saying The Guardians is funded by the UK government? Lulz. Source, please.
    I said media revenue, the gov. are spending alot of money on advertising of which the guardian is a recipient of.

https://www.contractsfinder.service....rchResults&p=1

Only £320m, as said "don't bite the hand that feeds you"

10+ Year Old Account
    They market it as 100% safe
    They sure don't. Stop spreading misinformation.
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

10+ Year Old Account
    I said media revenue, the gov. are spending alot of money on advertising of which the guardian is a recipient of.

https://www.contractsfinder.service....rchResults&p=1

Only £320m, as said "don't bite the hand that feeds you"
    Show us how much The GMG is getting from that. Then show us how it makes them somehow beholden to peddling what you think is misinformation.

Even though it's not misinformation.

You're just being ridiculous.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    They sure don't. Stop spreading misinformation.
    Google "informed consent".

- - - Updated - - -

Show us how much The GMG is getting from that. Then show us how it makes them somehow beholden to peddling what you think is misinformation.

Even though it's not misinformation.

You're just being ridiculous.
    If you honestly think a company would go against the narrative when they are literally being paid for services rendered, again, I have no reason to debate further.

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    This is like whining you are coerced into following traffic laws, when they post information about people getting run over by drunk people.

It's not just about you. It has absolutely everything to do with health.
    Actually it is just about them, we have a public health act in the UK that says nobody should have to undergo medical treatment if they don't want to even if it is in the best interest of wider society

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics...-restrictions/

I guess this goes against the narrative but worth posting regardless. Obviously this is fake news, or didn't happen or is a singular event in the world or something.

Japan, I think, are setting a very good example of how to do a vaccine rollout. They have a very rigorous reporting system for adverse reactions. Warnings on the vaccines. People get a choice of vaccine and they have said there should be no coersion or societal pressure placed on people to get a vaccine. I believe they have some of the highest levels a take up and seem to have been doing very well in terms of deaths also.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you honestly think a company would go against the narrative when they are literally being paid for services rendered, again, I have no reason to debate further.
    It's an advertising contract; I'm not sure what kind of services you imagine are supposed to be rendered. Furthermore, it was made with an advertising agency, not individually with the media companies, so it's frankly just conspiracy theory nonsense to suggest that those companies are worried about being held "accountable" for true content.

And yes, we understand that you're not interested in having a legitimate discussion without resorting to conspiracy theories. It's clear to everyone.
    Last edited by PhaelixWW; 2021-12-26 at 12:11 AM.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's an advertising contract; I'm not sure what kind of services you imagine are supposed to be rendered. Furthermore, it was made with an advertising agency, not individually with the media companies, so it's frankly just conspiracy theory nonsense to suggest that those companies are worried about being held "accountable" for true content.

And yes, we understand that you're not interested in having a legitimate discussion without resorting to conspiracy theories. It's clear to everyone.
    Bizarre that you are still trying your best to discredit my logic by resorting to using the "conspiracy theory" card. If I pay you for a service and you then retort the opposite to said advertisement, you are literally going against what I paid you for in the first place. Simple to grasp, or it should be.

Bizarre that you are still trying your best to discredit my logic by resorting to using the "conspiracy theory" card. If I pay you for a service and you then retort the opposite to said advertisement, you are literally going against what I paid you for in the first place. Simple to grasp, or it should be.
    This is the same logic as Rush Limbaugh saying that we can't trust local news stations warning about hurricanes because they're totes paid by local grocery stores to drum up hype to sell shit. And not because like, there's a hurricane coming.

Hypasonic, I suggest you ask around your friends and family if anyone knows a nurse working in a hospital and then have a friendly little chat for an hour or two. And maybe let them do the talking and listen a bit. Try to leave your anger aside for that.

10+ Year Old Account
    And yet you fail at it, miserably.

Because advertising doesn't pay for media content, it pays for advertising content, which doesn't affect what gets reported or how it gets reported. You can't "go against" advertising content except by not airing/showing what is paid to be aired/showed. But those are clearly labeled "advertisements"; they're not paying for articles. Believing that is a textbook conspiracy theory.

And again, that government contract was with an advertising agency, not with the companies directly, so the government doesn't individually deal with those companies.

Also, you still have yet to demonstrate that the Guardian is getting some of this money for government ads, anyway.

Your argument isn't even as sturdy as a house of cards.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Hang on, am I reading this right... he is suggesting the left wing tory hating guardian are secretly in cahoots with the fairly hard right johnson government?

How come every other article is slating the government? Did they forget they were being paid for those ones? Or an even more devious plan to lull us into a false sense of security

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    And yet you fail at it, miserably.

Because advertising doesn't pay for media content, it pays for advertising content, which doesn't affect what gets reported or how it gets reported. You can't "go against" advertising content except by not airing/showing what is paid to be aired/showed. But those are clearly labeled "advertisements"; they're not paying for articles. Believing that is a textbook conspiracy theory.

And again, that government contract was with an advertising agency, not with the companies directly, so the government doesn't individually deal with those companies.

Also, you still have yet to demonstrate that the Guardian is getting some of this money for government ads, anyway.

Your argument isn't even as sturdy as a house of cards.
    Again, you are simply trying to ignore what I am saying by somehow sidestepping it. Lets leave it at that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Again, you are simply trying to ignore what I am saying by somehow sidestepping it. Lets leave it at that.
    Sure, let's get back to the real point, which was that I posted actual statistics that proved your earlier assertion wrong.

You've been ignoring that one, so feel free to get back to that subject.

Here, I'll help:
    New hospitalizations in England were 635 on 12/4 and have gone up to 1246 on 12/22. That's a 96% increase. 7-day average has gone from 706 on 12/4 to 950 on 12/22; that's a 35% increase, but obviously it's starting to see a sharp increase lately.

The graph really speaks for itself on this.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by caractacus View Post
    Japan, I think, are setting a very good example of how to do a vaccine rollout. They have a very rigorous reporting system for adverse reactions. Warnings on the vaccines. People get a choice of vaccine and they have said there should be no coersion or societal pressure placed on people to get a vaccine. I believe they have some of the highest levels a take up and seem to have been doing very well in terms of deaths also.
    One reason is the Japanese are very mindful of "society" and what's best for it as a whole.
    As opposed to "Fuck you, I got my freedom." here in the US.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Google "informed consent".
    That didn't say anything about your claim that the vaccines are marketed as 100% safe. You have one more try before I report you for covid misinformation.
    Forum badass alert:
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

I did write that the ominous cloud was that new hospitalizations had increased the last day, which was December 20th for the entire country.

Cases and hospital admissions always vary between different days of the week so ideally one should compare weekly averages; and similarly the data will be a mess around x-mas and new year.

However, if you normalize the data so you can plot them in the same diagram you see that hospitalizations have increased less compared to last winter (due to vaccinations, different variants, age-structure etc - the positivity rate hasn't been that much better this year) - and cases have increased more:

But Omicron is increasing so fast that weekly averages will be too late, and even if mild the total number of hospitalizations might be too many. Note that last winter Alpha became dominant and Delta hadn't spread much beyond India.

Quote Originally Posted by Xjev View Post
    All we have to do is to stop traveling, close all the roads and shutdown flights, trains and gas stations and literally close the city gates for 2 months. That's the only way we can get rid of this stupid disease being spread all around the world. Its all these rich people who travel around the world spreading this desease.

Not possible man.. Not possible.. Those fucks will find another way around it.