10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansworst View Post
    Be careful with Strawberry. Or else he will go complain for the mods to "clean" up this thread and have Rozz removed as mod for calling his bullshit what it really is: bovine feces.
    laws are enforced = fascism
    forum rules are enforced = FASCISM
    people correct Strawberry with facts = FASCISM!
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    Too bad that only happened in your head and not in reality.

In reality an individual lied repeatedly on his visa paperwork and thus his visa was revoked. This is a win for Australia.
    It is a straight up lie his visa was canceled because he lied on his paperwork (link some proof). The reason his visa was canceled the second time, is, from the mouth of Australian's foreign minister, that "Today, I exercised my power under section 133C(3) of the Migration Act to cancel the visa held by Mr. Novak Djokovic on health and good order grounds, on the basis that it was in the public interest to do so".

Talk about things happening in your head.

source: https://news.yahoo.com/australian-im...024648272.html

5+ Year Old Account
    Chill out and move on. We don't need to entertain every attempt to derail the thread.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    And with that, he can't get a new Visa for Australia for 3 years.

https://www.cbssports.com/tennis/new...n-open-begins/
    Eh, ScoMo has already floated cutting his ban short.

OZ treats migrants and fugees like garbage, even putting them on a island where they face human rights abuses daily and then some cunts are crying about Djerkoff's freedom. I'll take one from OZ's migrant policy here, but get in the fucking sea.

Cases here down 42% in a week (UK). Proportion of positive tests dropping too. Hospital admissions plateauing. Restrictions are due to be lifted in 9 days and I hope that the downward trend continues. Honestly absolutely sick of this shit at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Cases here down 42% in a week (UK). Proportion of positive tests dropping too. Hospital admissions plateauing. Restrictions are due to be lifted in 9 days and I hope that the downward trend continues. Honestly absolutely sick of this shit at this point.
    I am too. Its getting old. Hopefully people can't get re-infected with omicron for awhile. As long as the thing didn't mutate to a variant that isn't stopped by any immunity built up by omicron, we may have a glimmer of hope.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

10+ Year Old Account
    Australiaisfalling is trending for what I imagine could only be some dumb reason.

Unless it a new Gerald Butler movie, where he has to save their PM from Serbian terrorists threatening to unleash some kind of bioweapon.

Saw some articles saying that the home covid tests could be skewing the numbers since people simply aren't reporting the results of a positive case to anyone. Personally, a bigger problem I am seeing is the CDC saying the quarantine period can go down to 5 days. Heck the CDC are even saying you dont even need a negative test to stop isolating. Who knows how many cases are going unreported now. The 5 days isn't helping since, and this is my own anecdote from people in my family, they just aren't bothering to get tested since the results would arrive so late that it wouldn't really change anything. At least in my area, you could be waiting for a few days to get your results back. Easily enough time that your 5 day isolation period is over and getting the results at that point would just mean that you know if you did have it.

Think our CDC has lost its mind. It seems they reduced the isolation period by saying Omicron only has a median incubation period of 3 days. Problem is, that is ignoring the other strains that are still present and the fact that you won't even know for sure which strain you have to begin with.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

10+ Year Old Account
    7 days is fine, 5 days is too short.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Saw some articles saying that the home covid tests could be skewing the numbers since people simply aren't reporting the results of a positive case to anyone. Personally, a bigger problem I am seeing is the CDC saying the quarantine period can go down to 5 days. Heck the CDC are even saying you dont even need a negative test to stop isolating.
    The positivity rate in the US is close to 40%, that strongly suggest the testing capacity is insufficient; and that testing should be more targeted - so skipping such cases makes some sense (obviously it would be better if there were more tests).

The 5 days isn't helping since, and this is my own anecdote from people in my family, they just aren't bothering to get tested since the results would arrive so late that it wouldn't really change anything.
    Hopefully hospital can test new patients quicker; otherwise there's a real problem - and they should prioritize even more.

Think our CDC has lost its mind. It seems they reduced the isolation period by saying Omicron only has a median incubation period of 3 days. Problem is, that is ignoring the other strains that are still present and the fact that you won't even know for sure which strain you have to begin with.
    But those other strains are close to extinction; https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...ata/covidview/ indicated that about two weeks ago Omicron was 98.3% - so that other variant were 1.7%; and decaying about a factor of 4 per week. If that has continued other variants would be down to 0.1% or so now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    Australiaisfalling is trending for what I imagine could only be some dumb reason.

Unless it a new Gerald Butler movie, where he has to save their PM from Serbian terrorists threatening to unleash some kind of bioweapon.
    Oh, I want to see that one!

Omicron caused Covid case rate in San Francisco to spike from 48 cases per day on 11/29 to 2,782 cases per day on 01/04. On the positive side, once the case rate peaked, it plummeted like a rock. On 01/06 it was down to 1,518, 01/08 it was 644, 01/10 it was 180 and 01/12 it was down to 80. Totally insane roller coaster ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    Unless it a new Gerald Butler movie
    Yo, the franchise is great. It's dumb and awful, the budget seemingly gets smaller with each movie (even as the ideas grow) while Gerard Butler is clearly drinking more heavily on-set with each installment. They can make it a Kangaroo Jack crossover.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Yes, you can. Admit it. You've seen just as many maskless anti-vaxxers as I have.

Speaking of which, NYTimes rolling 7-day average suggests we've hit the peak. Jan 13 to 16 the cases/day barely moved. Of course, the same data says deaths/day is 1964 (also a rolling 7-day average) and deaths is a lagging indicator. In fact, deaths are up 57% in the last 14 days. Hospitalizations about the same. So I hope we are peaking, maybe those will start working their way down.

Also, remember all that shit I was talking about how Florida would overtake New York's cases/100k? Well, guess what. That happened today. Both states had 272 in that regard (yes I know, Florida lies, I'm working with what I have). But NY's number decreased 14% in the last 14 days, while Florida's went up 35%. Meaning, barring Florida's attempts to use time travel to hide cases and deaths, FL passed NY in the last 24 hours.

Cases per 100k, the US is looking at +98% in the last 14 days, also known as "basically double". Of the top ten fastest growing states, oddly enough, only eight are Trump states, and the Deep South is not represented much at all. I suspect that could be weather-related?
    Im like one of the 5 people who wear a mask in FL. Ask me anything.

- - - Updated - - -

Saw some articles saying that the home covid tests could be skewing the numbers since people simply aren't reporting the results of a positive case to anyone. Personally, a bigger problem I am seeing is the CDC saying the quarantine period can go down to 5 days. Heck the CDC are even saying you dont even need a negative test to stop isolating. Who knows how many cases are going unreported now. The 5 days isn't helping since, and this is my own anecdote from people in my family, they just aren't bothering to get tested since the results would arrive so late that it wouldn't really change anything. At least in my area, you could be waiting for a few days to get your results back. Easily enough time that your 5 day isolation period is over and getting the results at that point would just mean that you know if you did have it.

We have an outbreak at work. We have plenty of test kits on hand. Only 20% actually were clear within the 5 day window and I would bet it was do to light exposure versus those who had prolonged exposure.

Ive seen two camps of physicians. Those who have given in and said, "screw it, this is what the CDC wants. It what they recommend. Don't even bother testing, just hope you don't get a bad case. Assume everyone has it." And then the other camp that's just as beat and sarcastic but they express it by highlighting ever case that goes over 5 days and every 'fully vaccinated' person who ends up feeling like crap (more than the crap you feel as someone who is boosted). “Still sick after 5 days? Must be a breakthrough case. Off to work you go.”

- - - Updated - - -

I am too. Its getting old. Hopefully people can't get re-infected with omicron for awhile. As long as the thing didn't mutate to a variant that isn't stopped by any immunity built up by omicron, we may have a glimmer of hope.
    How many major variants did we have end of 2020 - 2021 again? UK had one. The US had one, two depending on who is counting. There was one in South America, the Delta took all of them out. Then Omicron said, "hold my spike protein". Hopefully omicron but I'm not betting.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

https://www.complex.com/life/inmates..._medium=social

“The truth, however, was that without knowing and voluntary consent, Plaintiffs ingested incredibly high doses of a drug that credible medical professionals, the FDA, and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, all agree is not an effective treatment against COVID-19,” the lawsuit reads. The four men are asking to receive an independent medical evaluation, with all costs, fees, and “any other appropriate relief to which they are entitled.”

The lawsuit also said that when they tested positive for COVID-19 in August 2021, they were sent to quarantine in “specifically designated” barracks where they were given a “cocktail” of somewhere between two to 10 pills twice a day. Sheriff Tim Helder said the jail’s doctor, Dr. Robert Karas, was the person responsible for prescribing ivermectin.

Arkansas ACLU legal director Gary Sullivan said that no individual should “be deceived and subject to medical experimentation.” His statement, shared last week, continued, “Sheriff [Tim] Helder has a responsibility to provide food, shelter, and safe, appropriate care to incarcerated individuals. ...The detention center failed to use safe and appropriate treatments for COVID-19, even in the midst of a pandemic, and they must be held accountable.”

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    Sheriff Tim Helder said the jail’s doctor, Dr. Robert Karas, was the person responsible for prescribing ivermectin.
    I mean, that's pretty fucked up. Experimenting is part of medicine and science, experimenting without consent is not.

Plus we already know ivermectin doesn't work.

Prisoners have been getting absolutely fucking destroyed by shitty for-profit and overcrowded prisons since this shit began. They're already impossible to bring up to covid standards, but prisoners have been fighting for basic shit like access to masks that the prison does not provide them.

The pandemic has done a great job of showing some serious weaknesses and vulnerabilities in society, and things we've intentionally not paid attention to but are problems we should be. I'm just disappointed nothing will meaningfully come of this.

I mean shit, we've still got people who think the vaccine alters your DNA or some stupid shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    I mean, that's pretty fucked up. Experimenting is part of medicine and science, experimenting without consent is not.

Plus we already know ivermectin doesn't work.
    Sure, We know that Ivermectin doesn't work.

These hypocrites are the type of people that say Vaccine Mandates are fascist...

Australia just had it's highest ever death toll for the pandemic. 77 may not sound like many, but scaled up its the equivalent of around 1100 in the USA. And with deaths lagging behind cases and the current wave not yet finished, I expect it to get higher.

Remember, omicron is milder, not mild. Big difference.

Preliminary Israeli study shows fourth COVID booster doesn’t stop omicron infections

The vaccines lifted antibodies “even a little bit higher than what we had after the third dose,” said Gili Regev-Yochay, director of the Infectious Diseases Unit, at Israel’s Sheba Medical Center, according a Reuters report Tuesday. “Yet, this is probably not enough for the Omicron.”

The unpublished study looked at the effect of a second Pfizer-BioNTech booster on 154 people after two weeks and a second Moderna booster among 120 people following one week. The vaccinated group was then compared to a control group with no fourth booster. The Moderna participants had previously received three Pfizer boosters.

“We know by now that the level of antibodies needed to protect and not to got infected from Omicron is probably too high for the vaccine, even if it’s a good vaccine,” said Regev-Yochay.

Something else to consider based on listening to the local UCSF doctors. Maintaining the level of antibodies required to keep from getting infected by Omicron for a prolonged period is not good for your body. The immune system memory B- and T-cells are currently our body's best defense against Omicron.