Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Masks, social distancing, quarantines, not seeing friends and family… kids having a difficult time.

I care, but time to move on. CDC lifted mandates, Biden did on federal properties, schools are returning to normal.

So, I guess, you can just be mad at everyone that’s following the new guidelines?
    People will never be happy that governments around the world are finally lifting restrictions, there will always be a study that claims this and that, but ultimately the majority just want to get on with their lives.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypasonic View Post
    People will never be happy that governments around the world are finally lifting restrictions, there will always be a study that claims this and that, but ultimately the majority just want to get on with their lives.
    More than a few people that are pathologically neurotic shut-ins seem to have found themselves a sense of meaning at long last. If they're forced to move on, or if other people move on without them, the anxiety-riddled are at least going to find a way to feel superior to people like @Winter Blossom that want their kids to go live normal lives.

If you think a mask's effective, nobody's stopping you from wearing one.
    Mask mandates made sense when we didn't have vaccines and we had no therapies. Now we have lots of vaccines that work pretty well and we have plenty of bleach and horse dewormer.
    What's the alternative? Wear a mask until the end of time?
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    Now we have lots of vaccines that work pretty well and we have plenty of bleach and horse dewormer.
    Invermectin??? Its shit...

What's the alternative? Wear a mask until the end of time?
    I'm still using it, and i will until i feel safe. The bonus stuff in wearing a mask is that i didn't got a single cold/flu in the last 2 years.

Too many of you guys are going to identify with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    More than a few people that are pathologically neurotic shut-ins seem to have found themselves a sense of meaning at long last. If they're forced to move on, or if other people move on without them, the anxiety-riddled are at least going to find a way to feel superior to people like @Winter Blossom that want their kids to go live normal lives.
    People smugly feeling superior might be annoying, but isn't that problematic.

Hopefully most kids will grow up without that fear; it's kind of depressing seeing when looking at https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/oby.23378 "BMI in early adulthood is associated with severe COVID-19 later in life" concluding
    This underlines the necessity of preventive actions against overweight in youth to offer protection against coming viral pandemics.
    that one of the recommended related stories were titled "Acceleration in BMI gain following COVID‐19 restrictions. A longitudinal study with 7‐ to 10‐year‐old primary school children" concluding
    COVID-19 restrictions were associated with accelerated increases in mean BMI and the proportion of children with overweight or obesity.
    However, the truly anxiety-riddled unfortunately have other things to be anxious about now.

If you think a mask's effective
    If you don't think masks are effective...why do you cover your mouth when you sneeze or cough?
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    If you don't think masks are effective...why do you cover your mouth when you sneeze or cough?
    I didn't say I don't think masks are effective!
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

I didn't say I don't think masks are effective!
    Well, your phrasing could have been better then.

Regardless, the question stands for anyone that doesn't believe in the efficacy of wearing masks
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

https://www.tampabay.com/news/florid...partment-says/

The Florida Department of Health is poised to officially recommend against giving coronavirus vaccines to healthy children.

Surgeon General Joseph Ladapo made the pronouncement at a Monday roundtable discussion on coronavirus mitigations policies convened by Gov. Ron DeSantis.

Ladapo, who leads Florida’s Department of Health, said his department’s recommendation would be the first of its kind in the country.

It came after a 90-minute discussion from medical experts skeptical of the benefits of various coronavirus mitigation measures such as vaccine mandates, mask requirements and business closures.
    Fuck. Florida.

Fuck Florida.

Fuck, Florida.

Fuck Florida,.

Fuck Florida

Ron DeSantis and Joseph Lapado are deeply retarded, malicious, pathetic little shits who want to actively harm children in their state. Fuck this death cult.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    "Ladapo, who leads Florida’s Department of Health, said his department’s recommendation would be the first of its kind in the country."
    Yeah it would also be the first in the country if he recommended swallowing live ferrets. Doesn't make it a good idea.

The question becomes insurance, I assume. Already Florida doesn't seem to have a ton of mandates, and this wouldn't affect federal employees. If insurance doesn't cover the vaccine, people won't get it. Again, that seems to be the idea. And that wouldn't even need to happen, a lot of insurers cover multiple states and run their own data analysis.

Also, are there many people left who want a vaccine that haven't got one? I guess this would affect children just now reaching the age where they get their first shot? So...kindergarden? Pre-K? Keep an eye for those over the next year, I guess.

NYTimes says that deaths are down 31% from two weeks ago...down to 1500. Yeah, that's still too high.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Yeah it would also be the first in the country if he recommended swallowing live ferrets. Doesn't make it a good idea.
    You're just not BRAVE enough to recommend such a course of treatment.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're just not BRAVE enough to recommend such a course of treatment.
    Well, you got me on that one. I suppose only brave true American patriot biglies will be patriotic and love America enough to swallow live ferrets, rather than life in fear.

The good news, of course, is they'll probably not wear masks, and I'm pretty sure I can ID someone who just swallowed a life ferret by the facial scars.

Attacking the health of children.

Classic.

The numbers of positive tests in the general population and hospitalized patients are back to pre-Omicron. The number of ICU patients with covid is now down to 9. However, San Francisco wastewater tests indicate that there are still a lot of Covid viruses floating around out there. People are just not getting sick like before. Not sure.

And in an expected turn people have now further investigated the origin of the virus, found that it started in the Wuhan market not a laboratory.
    https://www.economist.com/science-an...atory/21807945

But interesting they didn't find that it started in animals and then made a jump to human hosts at the market. Instead the virus made the jump from animal to human at least twice at the market.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ron DeSantis and Joseph Lapado are deeply retarded, malicious, pathetic little shits who want to actively harm children in their state. Fuck this death cult.
    It's how they're going to ensure a future for their party. Causing brain damage is the only way for them to get gen Z/gen ɑ to vote for them in any significant numbers.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

15+ Year Old Account
    What kind of experiment is Florida supposed to be? I really don't get it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    What kind of experiment is Florida supposed to be? I really don't get it.
    Let them concentrate the crazy in one place. It's for the sake of the nation.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

According to UCSF, approximately 1.5% of their patients are asymptomatic. If the finding holds true with the general population of San Francisco, that meant that at any given time, 1 in 67 San Franciscans are asymptomatic. Which may be why the virus count in the wastewater is still high. It may be out of sight and mind, but it is still out there.