7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Noted a trending meme by grotesquely disgusting individuals calling this pandemic the "Boomer Remover"...

How seriously fucking sickening these warped wastes of space are.
    This has been coming up in conversation in my stand up meetings at work. Part of one my teams is in Argentina. Another team has members in India. And then each of those teams have members located in various offices around the country.

Anyway, with regards to the quote, one of the guys on the India team was talking about how he's not worried because he's only 31. A bunch of us started asking him about his family and friends: parents, grand parents, aunts, uncles, older friends, etc. How can you not think of them? And if you are thinking of them, how can you not care? How can you not worry? I guess if you don't have any older people that you care about, sure, no big deal... but how many of those kinds of people are out there? Fuck, some of my favorite people on the planet are over 50... over 70. Fucking idiots out there: boomer remover. Jackassses.

Quote Originally Posted by Inuyaki View Post
    Source?
    It worked quite well in China....
    It did?
    I have to wonder if the rest of the world agrees with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    SK probably agrees.
    You mean the country that acted fast and appropriate, so a lockdown was not needed?
    Yeah, good idea. Let's do that. Do you have a time machine by chance?

Man, the stupidity of some people here is staggering

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    It's classic fake news. Take something someone of some rank said, tear pieces of sentences out of context, misrepresent them and toss that garbage onto social media.

Suddenly it becomes "WHO said lockdowns are useless! Let's go paaaarrrttyyy on the beach!". Of course you will have a bunch of retards who pick that up, because it suits their narrative perfectly ("dem right wing populists wanna get u with their scary lockdowns")and there you go - people crowding public places because it's "just a corona flu and lockdown does not do anything anyway".

Why these people do this shit, I'll never know.
    You can fuck off with that bullshit, because that's not even close to what I said or meant. People should take this more seriously and people should listen and act on all the advice of social distancing, I keep posting that same advice on my FB every fucking day. And I'm even advocating for even more measures because people still don't listen.

The point I was trying to make, and seems I have failed, was that this is the exact same thing our Goverment was saying. There were right wing populist parties screaming to go into a 14 day lockdown, which alone doesn't solve anything. The moment you lift it, it will most likely start again. I will admit that my opening sentence is wrong after having read that article. Nowhere does he say that it doesn't work, but he also doesn't say that it's needed. I blame my newschannel for that though, this is literally what they posted (translated):

WHO: lockdown does not help
    It makes no sense to set a lockdown, says the World Health Organization (WHO). WHO crisis expert Mike Ryan tells the BBC that it is important to take public health measures to avoid a new spike of infections later on.

You mean the country that acted fast and appropriate, so a lockdown was not needed?
    Yeah, good idea. Let's do that. Do you have a time machine by chance?

Man, the stupidity of some people here is staggering
    Calling me stupid because the example provided doesn't support your own ignorant post.
    .great rebuttal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just so you know nobody claimed a lockdown is going to cure it or prevent it, it was to delay, to stagger it. The Netherlands government correctly got heat from Rutte's comment about herd immunity.

Nothing you just posted is new, it is what people have been saying for a long time. If your intend was to get a "gotcha" or "i told you so" moment you failed, horribly.

With all this shit prated 24/7 on the radio and news people are becoming numb.
    Most are just tuning this all out.

Quote Originally Posted by noremorze View Post
    You can fuck off with that bullshit, because that's not even close to what I said or meant.
    Maybe not what you meant, but what you said. And as long as we cannot read your mind, we have to go with the latter.

And no one here is stupid enough to think that we do a 14-day lockdown and everything is done and all after that. Of course we know that we have to do things afterwards or rather already during the lockdown.
    The point is to limit the spread for now, buy us time and already flatten the curve, before our systems get overwhelmed in 1-2 weeks. Like in Italy for example.

Another rare sunny day in the Netherlands, so of course everyone is out in masses despite "strong urging" from the government to stay home.

We're so screwed here.

Calling me stupid because the example provided doesn't support your own ignorant post.
    .great rebuttal.
    What are you talking about? China barely had any new cases for weeks now. So of course the lockdown helped stop the spread there.

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Another rare sunny day in the Netherlands, so of course everyone is out in masses despite "strong urging" from the government to stay home.

We're so screwed here.
    Same here.
    No one knows of anyone that died so
    Ignorance is bliss.

- - - Updated - - -

What are you talking about? China barely had any new cases for weeks now. So of course the lockdown helped stop the spread there.
    You mean local cases.
    Cases brought from outside..they're still getting those.

Maybe not what you meant, but what you said. And as long as we cannot read your mind, we have to go with the latter.

And no one here is stupid enough to think that we do a 14-day lockdown and everything is done and all after that. Of course we know that we have to do things afterwards or rather already during the lockdown.
    The point is to limit the spread for now, buy us time and already flatten the curve, before our systems get overwhelmed in 1-2 weeks. Like in Italy for example.
    I'm actually glad this happened, since I had to provide a source. And after reading it, I agree with what was said by others. It was literally written like that in the liveblog on our main news channel. Which, after reading the article i linked, is highly misleading.

10+ Year Old Account
    Best to let it go, nothing good will come arguing from people unwilling to accept anything other than what they conjecture in their heads

And this is exactly why I want more stricter measures, because people don't listen to the advice. I did groceries a few days back in the Albert Hein early in the morning, it was packed with old people, no one held distance etc. A lockdown isn't needed when people listen, sadly they do not.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Best to let it go, nothing good will come arguing from people unwilling to accept anything other than what they conjecture in their heads
    Oh you mean that you believe China doesn't have new cases brought from the outside too?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post

We're so screwed here.

Yeah we had to put big ass containers on border roads to stop you guys from entering, some people are still doing so on bikes though...

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Just so you know nobody claimed a lockdown is going to cure it or prevent it, it was to delay, to stagger it. The Netherlands government correctly got heat from Rutte's comment about herd immunity.

Nothing you just posted is new, it is what people have been saying for a long time. If your intend was to get a "gotcha" or "i told you so" moment you failed, horribly.
    I'm not afraid to acknowledge that, you're totally right.

You mean local cases.
    Cases brought from outside..they're still getting those.
    Are you trolling now?
    I don't even understand what you want to say with that and how it is relevant to me saying that the lockdown helped massively in limiting the spread in China.

Are you trolling now?
    I don't even understand what you want to say with that and how it is relevant to me saying that the lockdown helped massively in limiting the spread in China.
    Because they are still getting new cases.
    The reason why you don't understand simple English is it conflicts with what you posted and like so many you only want to see agreement.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    800 people alone died in Italy yesterday and they've been in a tight quarantine for more than a week. Can you even imagine what would happen if a quarantine wasn't done?
    The US says "Challenge Accepted."
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.