Quote Originally Posted by Inuyaki View Post
    Fines go up to 25000€
    That is a lot O_O
    Thats unenforceable, because it would ruin people for the rest of their entire lives.

Quote Originally Posted by The Scourge of Azuremyst View Post
    Thats unenforceable, because it would ruin people for the rest of their entire lives.
    I have an idea. If you can't pay fines, don't break the law.

But in all seriousness. This is Germany. No one will be ruined for the rest of their lives. They might be really poor though. But it's not like we are in the US here.

Good news btw.
    Disney+ starting in some European countries in 2 days. This might help. Italy, Spain, UK and Germany are in that batch

But in all seriousness. This is Germany. No one will be ruined for the rest of their lives. They might be really poor though. But it's not like we are in the US here.

Good news btw.
    Disney+ starting in some European countries in 2 days. This might help. Italy, Spain, UK and Germany are in that batch
    Theres no such law, its unconstitutional and inhumane to fine someone till they die.

10+ Year Old Account

Good news btw.
    Great for those with nothing to do, got a back log of a few hundred games and i recently booted up WAR again, new Crowfall patch also soon.

They'll probably do more promo's during this period to lure people in.

- - - Updated - - -

Theres no such law, its unconstitutional and inhumane to fine someone till they die.
    Till they die, if you make 25K over your entire life time... i am really sorry for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Great for those with nothing to do, got a back log of a few hundred games and i recently booted up WAR again, new Crowfall patch also soon.

They'll probably do more promo's during this period to lure people in.

- - - Updated - - -

Till they die, if you make 25K over your entire life time... i am really sorry for you.
    Most of what you make is going into bills. Youre not having 25K free to spend.

Personal bankruptcy and debt restructuring exist for such things.

Heck they could charge being with attempted murder for all I care, the reality is that asking people nicely doesn't appear to be working all that well. Who knew people are idiots.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    Fines are a necessity, asking nicely does not work well.

We tried asking nicely and people still think it's some public holiday.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most of what you make is going into bills. Youre not having 25K free to spend.
    If that is what you wish to believe, you may. I will simply repeat myself that if that amount of money shocks you, i truly feel sorry for you as either you are stuck in a poorly paying job due to circumstances or an under developed or unwanted skill set.

Great time now during the lock down to learn a new skill, so i strongly suggest investing in yourself while you can. 25K is something you should be making easily yearly even in Europe with our high personal income taxes.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Fines are a necessity, asking nicely does not work well.

We tried asking nicely and people still think it's some public holiday.
    Beating them up or welding them in inside buildings would be more humane, as that wouldnt ruin them for the rest of their lives like fines would.

Beating them up or welding them in inside buildings would be more humane, as that wouldnt ruin them for the rest of their lives like fines would.
    Let me guess your American? Debt prison is less a thing in Europe.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    If that is what you wish to believe, you may. I will simply repeat myself that if that amount of money shocks you, i truly feel sorry for you as either you are stuck in a poorly paying job due to circumstances or an under developed or unwanted skill set.

Great time now during the lock down to learn a new skill, so i strongly suggest investing in yourself while you can. 25K is something you should be making easily yearly even in Europe with our high personal income taxes.
    Youre blatantly spreading lies and propaganda here, no one in the world makes so much that they have 25K left over to spend.
    If you make 25K in a year, then about 24K of that goes into bills and food. I feel sorry for you needing to spread lies in order to make a point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah no.

We do relatively mild fines - about USD1.5k and it's only for gatherings above 10 people or breaking quarantine for those who were ordered to enter quarantine.

That's not a fine that is going to ruin anyone here, but it's unpleasant enough to make people think twice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Youre blatantly spreading lies and propaganda here, no one in the world makes so much that they have 25K left over to spend.
    If you make 25K in a year, then about 24K of that goes into bills and food. I feel sorry for you needing to spread lies in order to make a point.
    When you get fined in an european court, you do not have to pay the fine in one go. You are allowed based on your income to opt in for a down payment plan without additional costs.

You are speaking of 25K putting you in debt, while it is easily something you can pay off, is it fun? No not in the slightest but you the hyperbole used by you that you are paying that off till you die is wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Besides, that 25k thing, sounds like something for a serious offense. I'm pretty sure they don't just toss 25k fines right and left there.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Besides, that 25k thing, sounds like something for a serious offense. I'm pretty sure they don't just toss 25k fines right and left there.
    No, 25k for normal offences. Serious offences are getting prosecuted (with prison I guess)
    Also it was "up to 25k". If you are really at the low end, I guess you get fined less.

And as some here said, you don't go into debt here in Europe. This is NOT the US. It is not comparable. It will not ruin anyone's life.

Edit
    Yes, serious offences can end in prison.
    Last edited by Inuyaki; 2020-03-22 at 05:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    No one in the world, huh? Even for attempted hyperbole, that's just sad.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    If Italy's curve has not started flattening then the effect of the quarantine hasn't kicked in yet or it has no effect.

Ofcourse the quarantine is going to have an effect in the future by flattening the curve, and its good that Italy did it eventually. But sofar the numbers haven't shown an effect yet.
    It obviously has. They started quarantine 15 days ago. Max incubation is believed to be around 14 days. While most people start showing symptoms between 2 and 14 days.. If you honestly believe what you're writing here then you are either completely uninformed about this whole situation or you're informing yourself in the wrong places.
    Last edited by tikcol; 2020-03-22 at 05:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, 25k for normal offences. Serious offences are getting prosecuted (with prison I guess)
    Also it was "up to 25k". If you are really at the low end, I guess you get fined less.

And as some here said, you don't go into debt here in Europe. This is NOT the US. It is not comparable. It will not ruin anyone's life.

Edit
    Yes, serious offences can end in prison.
    Well ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Up to your government then.

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    No one in the world, huh? Even for attempted hyperbole, that's just sad.
    If you have no proof against it, you have no place in this thread.

The average german household spends like 4k a year on vacations. No one is going to be forever ruined by a fine that would only ever be enforced in extreme cases anyway. Calm your titts.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2020-03-22 at 05:52 PM.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.