10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    People, a lot who would be medical/health care workers, are tapping into hydroxychloroquine stockpiles after a Trump tweet. This is even after manufacturers said they'll donate supplies if necessary.

Nigeria reports at least 3 people were poisoned by the drug after believing it was a cure.
    Africa is going to be an absolute tragedy in general, people are grouped up there as good as everywhere. Social isolation is not something that is going to happen there.

There is a reason Ebola still is present there. More people are going to die because of their blind faith in this "miracle cure".

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Cut that crap, I don't need to pretend shit - it's where it happened and you, as a forum doc, should be the one screaming at top of your lungs at these assholes - "what are you doing??" where instead of getting on the ball and acting on repeated pleas of the physicians about new and unknown virus spreading back in fucking November they did nothing but suppress this shit all the way to January when it grew so huge their bullshit house of cards collapsed on themselves.

Yes, buddy, their commie crap ass government is directly responsible for this shit. It could have happened everywhere, but you know what? Not everywhere whitstleblower doctor is forced to sign a document where he is forced to "admit" he made this shit up, while they cover their tracks instead of saving their dying people.
    No, see, this isn't what I should do at all. You know why? Because it doesn't help. Was their behavior horrible, dangerous and highly irresponsible? Yes. Should they be called out for it? I mean, if it makes you feel better, sure. It won't do any good. They are China, you could make this statement in the UN to their representative faces and all they'd say is 'Fuck you, buddy. What are you going to do?' Sanction them? Isolate them? I'd love to see you try. You can keep being disrespectful and derogative all you want, it doesn't make you right.

And no, it isn't. Not alone. The list for people to blame is incredibly long, and includes:

Bad hygiene, primitive 'medical' and food processing practice, globalization, lacking response from the world as a whole, reluctance by politicians who don't want to appear weak, misinformation spread on the internet... Shall I go on?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    Well, I'd like to add that Chinas traditional medicine is a horrendous thing and brings significantly more harm than good, and eating wildlife isn't the only way humans contract new viruses, it's just by far the easiest one, and when you add bad hygenie when handling the meat, you're inviting an infection. I've been to one of these 'wet markets', looks like WW1 field hospitals. Someone offered me a Pangolin that probably had blood from 10 different animals on it, and it was still alive.

The government of China is a horrible plague upon the world, but they aren't the only one to blame for the current crisis. Could they have done significantly better? Yes. Could they have prevented this? Unlikely. Wuhan is an international hub of trading and traveling, they export shit all over the globe.
    They literally wasted 2 months beating around the bush, 2 days before they finally came clean and issued a lockdown they let the city have a huge holiday public feast, while the virus was already spreading and they knew about it.

Yes, they could have, they could have cut the crap and take on it seriously, not wait until frikkin' end of January to come clean about the magnitude of this.

Imagine this - we had New Year celebrations, we knew nothing and this shit was already spreading there to the point where you had said doctor send message to use protective gear, something that got him landed in police, instead of given a frikkin' prize for having the balls.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    We noticed that "do not hoard" policies seem to casually conflict with "stay at home as much as possible". Not criticizing here - just sayin'.
    Hoarding makes it harder for other people to get the supplies that they need. That means those people have to keep on looking... which is what really causes the conflict with "stay at home as much as possible".

"Do not Hoard" policies help to make sure that more people can get what they need...so that those people can stay at home tomorrow insteading of going from store to store looking for that last package of TP.

Well, I'd like to add that Chinas traditional medicine is a horrendous thing and brings significantly more harm than good, and eating wildlife isn't the only way humans contract new viruses, it's just by far the easiest one, and when you add bad hygenie when handling the meat, you're inviting an infection. I've been to one of these 'wet markets', looks like WW1 field hospitals. Someone offered me a Pangolin that probably had blood from 10 different animals on it, and it was still alive.

The government of China is a horrible plague upon the world, but they aren't the only one to blame for the current crisis. Could they have done significantly better? Yes. Could they have prevented this? Unlikely. Wuhan is an international hub of trading and traveling, they export shit all over the globe.
    They could have prevented it by leaving their wet markets closed after the last time a disease emerged from them. Hope they do so this time. I get your overall point though, that something like this could have happened anyway, and if it happens in a trade hub, it's going to spread, period. This isn't to take away from the widespread failure of other governments and citizenry around the world. It's not just the government that is dropping the ball, it is the many people willfully shutting their eyes and refusing to take even the most basic steps to slow this down a bit. And then putting their surprised faces on when everything goes to shit around them. Unfortunately I'm not sure any long-term lessons will be learned.

10+ Year Old Account

True it is the worst of all the eastern medicine the random crap they digest that is suppose to cure or aid them, their quick growth often makes some believe they might be as modern as us with the same standards for health and safety, they are not.

Of course we should have prepared for this at the very least after SARS first occurred.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuor View Post
    What we really need is quick actions, for God's sake, there are people dying. If we keep just testing in controled enviorements, it will take month's to get an aproved treatment. I would say the WHO response seems to be near the best we can do at this moment.

We need quick actions, with quick testings, we need to drop burocracy around the approval of new treatments. I will say, get a large group, test on them, and take conclusions.
    Dude, this is quick. This would take years under normal circumstances. At this moment we can get preliminary results in a week or two. That never happened before.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

10+ Year Old Account
    Bad hygiene, primitive 'medical' and food processing practice, globalization, lacking response from the world as a whole, reluctance by politicians who don't want to appear weak, misinformation spread on the internet... Shall I go on?
    Yes, this is not China-only "disease", but when it comes to Chinese governance, with their chronic commie crap of "saving face" before "saving people", we eventually get this shit.

This could happen everywhere, but would it be everywhere that the regime would waste 2 precious months fighting the news instead of fighting the virus? You as a physician-apparent should realize just how much of the difference it would make if both they acted swiftly and professionally, instead of their shit games AND if the world would get even one month earlier notice about the magnitude and severity of this.

This was a perfect storm and much of it indeed was of China making themselves on a pure political level.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    True it is the worst of all the eastern medicine the random crap they digest that is suppose to cure or aid them, their quick growth often makes some believe they might be as modern as us with the same standards for health and safety, they are not.

Of course we should have prepared for this at the very least after SARS first occurred.
    Chinese traditional medicine (that's not evidence based) needs to go.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes, this is not China-only "disease", but when it comes to Chinese governance, with their chronic commie crap of "saving face" before "saving people", we eventually get this shit.

This could happen everywhere, but would it be everywhere that the regime would waste 2 precious months fighting the news instead of fighting the virus? You as a physician-apparent should realize just how much of the difference it would make if both they acted swiftly and professionally, instead of their shit games AND if the world would get even one month earlier notice about the magnitude and severity of this.

This was a perfect storm and much of it indeed was of China making themselves on a pure political level.
    Well what has the US been doing all this time and is still doing? The country should have been on a lockdown a month ago.

USA, China, Russia, Brazil, Mexico, India - just to name a few - are all guilty of this.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    Chinese traditional medicine (that's not evidence based) needs to go.
    All these snake oil peddlers need to go, we have no shortage of this bullshit worldwide. Whether it's religious, superstitious or simply plain bullshit made to dupe the gullible like that colloidal silver crap.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Well what has the US been doing all this time and is still doing? The country should have been on a lockdown a month ago.

USA, China, Russia, Brazil, Mexico - just to name a few - are all guilty of this.
    The very initial, the very first fuckup was by FAR the biggest of all. If China would have issued lockdown in December and came clean about the magnitude of it, then EVEN given secondary players fuckups, we would still have MUCH less of a disaster on hands. Even just one month earlier lockdown in Wuhan when they already knew what the fuck is going on, could have resulted in much less spread worldwide.

USA, Italy, Spain - they have fucked themselves. China - fucked the whole world.

They literally wasted 2 months beating around the bush, 2 days before they finally came clean and issued a lockdown they let the city have a huge holiday public feast, while the virus was already spreading and they knew about it.

Yes, they could have, they could have cut the crap and take on it seriously, not wait until frikkin' end of January to come clean about the magnitude of this.

Imagine this - we had New Year celebrations, we knew nothing and this shit was already spreading there to the point where you had said doctor send message to use protective gear, something that got him landed in police, instead of given a frikkin' prize for having the balls.
    And I'm really sick of explaining this to you. The first documented case, so far, is from the 17th of November. It is currently unknown if this was the first case, because, as we've learned, people can infect others without showing symptoms. So if the first guy was diagnosed on November 17th, he was probably spreading this shit for a week already, and dozens of others were infected. At this point it wasn't even certain this was something new, since the symptoms of Covid-19 aren't outstanding in any way except for severeness. You're pretending as if the Chinese government knew from the second this started how bad it was, but they didn't.

On December the 30th tests were still misidentifying this virus as SARS, since both are Coronaviridae and relatively similar. This is also the date that Dr. Li Wenliang first what he back then suspected to be an outbreak of SARS, for which he was later incarcerated, which IS outrageous, I'd like to add. By this time they probably already had hundreds of infected people in Wuhan province alone. People who, in turn, have contact to deliverymen, logistics, travelers, tourists, and so on, and noone was aware that we were facing a new pathogen at all. This is the same date the US CDC was informed, by the way.

Identifying pathogens takes time. It's not just a glimpse through an electron-microscope.

Blademaster
    5+ Year Old Account
    Yes, everything Trump says is bullshit, and would you please stop being so pathetically dramatic, it's really nothing but annoying when it comes from uninformed people like you. Pandemics like this can start everywhere. The world's worst one so far started, in all likelihood, in Kansas, of all places. One of the world's most persistent ones comes from Africa. Viridae are everywhere, and they mutate, some quick, some slow, and once this one is over, the next one will be waiting. Viridae adapt way quicker and better to us than we do to them.

And no, this shit isn't entirely on Chinas hands. They sure as hell didn't make it better, but the west has been warned by leading experts that it is woefully understaffed, underequipped and unprepared for a pandemic for years. So please stop your uninformed melodramatic rampage, noone's impressed. You wanna blame China, go ahead, visit their embassy and make a complaint. I dare you.
    I realize that the bolded statement isn't the primary point of your post but this is nowhere close to "all likelihood". The military base in Kansas is just where the first U.S. case was detected. Ironically given what's going on today, a popular theory is that it originated in....China. There are reports of it in Shanxi, China, in 1917 (a year before the Kansas case) and that it was then spread worldwide with the movement of the Chinese Labor Corps that came through North America on their way to assist the Brits in Europe. In all likelihood, we'll probably never know exactly where it originated.

As I've pointed out in my previous post, you're blatantly wrong about them 'fighting news' for 2 months. And weren't you endorsing Donald Trump half a page ago, the man who said that 'the number of infected will go down' - from 21 they had back then? Who wanted to refuse a ship entrance to a harbour because that, and I quote, would 'make the numbers go up, and we don't want that, high numbers look bad'? The guy who said that 'everyone who needs a test will get it, while this is still science fiction a month after he said that?

And you're telling me the CHINESE want to save face at the same time as telling me that not everything that orange-faced mongoloid sais is bullshit? The fucking gall you have is more appalling than Chinese wet markets.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grokk View Post
    I realize that the bolded statement isn't the primary point of your post but this is nowhere close to "all likelihood". The military base in Kansas is just where the first U.S. case was detected. Ironically given what's going on today, a popular theory is that it originated in....China. There are reports of it in Shanxi, China, in 1917 (a year before the Kansas case) and that it was then spread worldwide with the movement of the Chinese Labor Corps that came through North America on their way to assist the Brits in Europe. In all likelihood, we'll probably never know exactly where it originated.
    Haven't read up on the Spanish Flu in years, will look into that, thanks.

15+ Year Old Account
    Holy shit that woman in the press conference just failed.... I'm speechless...

Reporter asks about people not getting into test and she starts rambling about social distancing and her having some fever just two days ago - right when she is standing next to the president. Then she continues by saying she has taken TWO tests since when other people can't get a test at all...
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.

Waiting to find out if my work will be closed or not. Big bosses really dragging thier feet on this one. Lock down starts tomorrow and I have no idea if we will be open or closed. Good as

10+ Year Old Account
    And I'm really sick of explaining this to you. The first documented case, so far, is from the 17th of November. It is currently unknown if this was the first case, because, as we've learned, people can infect others without showing symptoms. So if the first guy was diagnosed on November 17th, he was probably spreading this shit for a week already, and dozens of others were infected. At this point it wasn't even certain this was something new, since the symptoms of Covid-19 aren't outstanding in any way except for severeness. You're pretending as if the Chinese government knew from the second this started how bad it was, but they didn't.

On December the 30th tests were still misidentifying this virus as SARS, since both are Coronaviridae and relatively similar. This is also the date that Dr. Li Wenliang first what he back then suspected to be an outbreak of SARS, for which he was later incarcerated, which IS outrageous, I'd like to add. By this time they probably already had hundreds of infected people in Wuhan province alone. People who, in turn, have contact to deliverymen, logistics, travelers, tourists, and so on, and noone was aware that we were facing a new pathogen at all. This is the same date the US CDC was informed, by the way.

Identifying pathogens takes time. It's not just a glimpse through an electron-microscope.
    And I am sick and tired of explaining the obvious fact to you that instead of taking appropriate measures, the government was busy trying to hide and bury the whole thing.

It does not matter what type of Coronavirus it is, by December it was already clear they are dealing with a viral outbreak. Their actions? Issuing a lockdown in fucking January 23rd, two days after they allowed a public feast at that.

There is no need to play dumb or try to justify them - they knew about this shit clearly already in December - you have likely had people dead already then, even your rank and file physician already by the end of December had a clear picture of what is going on. They could have prevented MUCH of the spread, but instead what did they do?

Nothing... worse than nothing, their regime of terror and their unending human centipede ladder to the top ranks of the party where you report good news despite the reality to please the top brass and get a better spot in the pecking order did incredible amount of damage on its own. So yes, they either played down this shit reporting to the top OR the top brass went full regime well-being mode and truth be damned.

And for that - they need to be responsible. It's not even freedom of speech, they literally murdered tens if not hundreds of thousands of people in cold blood with their irresponsible bullshit, their political crap and their reign of terror suppressing speech.

---

And by the way, I don't feel psychological need to disagree with everything ever that Trump says.

Him saying "Chinese virus" is one thing I completely agree with and this needs to be drilled into your SJW skulls hard, because once this shit dies down - we need to expect answers and we will need to take actions, because this time around their bullshit went just one step too far.

It's not just Hong Kong now.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2020-03-23 at 11:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well on bright side....fuel and electric bills will be cheaper. Oil is already down by 17,6 cents (95 oct gasoline).

15+ Year Old Account
    Plot twist:

The virus was created by China to spread to cripple the rest of the world.
    The whistle-blower doctor was jailed because he started talking about it too early.
    China is sitting on the vaccine. Thus a country with 1.5bil people who live very close to each other have relatively low infections/deaths.
    China feels threatened and pressured by the west with trade war and reaction about Xi sitting on the throne for another 25 years, and this is their plan to cripple the west and become the only super power in the world.
    What is the best way but by crippling the economy?
    Covid-19 is not that dangerous. It's targeting those who need intensive care. Which is putting huge pressure on the hospitals.
    People forced to stay home, layoffs, economies crumbling. Old people dying, young people losing jobs.
    It's a domino effect and currently it's fucking up the whole world except - China.

Maybe not China's doing, but I totally could see this happening in my lifetime.

15+ Year Old Account
    Trump: "No plans on travel bans in America."

Good luck America.