Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Well here's a bit of nasty news.

Mystery In Wuhan: Recovered Coronavirus Patients Test Negative ... Then Positive

TLDR Some patients (5-10%) are testing positive for the second time but they are asymptomatic carriers so a second wave may break out in China. Information is scarce because the Chinese government is arresting anyone speaking out about it seems they learned nothing from last time.
    My wife is working on her biology PhD, so she listens to a lot of podcasts by researchers and virologists and what not all throughout the day. From what I understand, what's likely at fault here is that people had not made a full recovery from the virus, and the viral response required for a "negative" was set higher than it should have been. User error, basically. It's always possible for a very small percentage of a population to not develop antibodies correctly, but it's far more likely that they just never fully recovered in the first place, and health officials eager to score some wins jumped the gun as soon as they saw the smallest sign of success.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I’d ask about misdemeanors instead of demeanor.
    Obviously. My mistake.

10+ Year Old Account
    First confirmed case in my town.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Well here's a bit of nasty news.

Mystery In Wuhan: Recovered Coronavirus Patients Test Negative ... Then Positive

TLDR Some patients (5-10%) are testing positive for the second time but they are asymptomatic carriers so a second wave may break out in China. Information is scarce because the Chinese government is arresting anyone speaking out about it seems they learned nothing from last time.
    Mystery?

These idiots declare people recovered without properly verifying this, to please their big wig overlords in Beijing.

Know how many people declared recovered we have here? About 70 and this is already a month in. Why? Because to be declared recovered here you need to be tested negative twice with almost a week gap between 2 tests.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Mystery?

These idiots declare people recovered without properly verifying this, to please their big wig overlords in Beijing.

Know how many people declared recovered we have here? About 70 and this is already a month in. Why? Because to be declared recovered here you need to be tested negative twice with almost a week gap between 2 tests.
    What, the CCP is lying their asses off? Nonsense!
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...lly-behind-it/

Sheesh, Trump is going hard on these governor's saying they shouldn't rely on the federal government for supplies.

I don't think he's doing himself any favors here, to put it lightly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tulune View Post
    Where in MA? I thought all schools have been closed already. (I'm from MA too)
    Oh yeah we're already closed until further notice, but they want to make a case for staying closed beyond easter.
    The proper waifu is a wholesome supplement for one's intrinsic need for belonging and purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    Speaking of HQC, does anyone have info on when we'll get some preliminary information on the clinical trials that started in NYC last tuesday? Next week? Next 2 weeks?
    April 21st for the normal US study of HQC

Note that as far as I understand there are also trials in other countries - both related drugs (e.g., chloroquine), and other ones like remdesivir.
    In China they have even had tests of both HQC and chloroquine; the first disappointing - the latter ones unclear.

The tests will not be fully reliable (some are not double-blind studies), but I assume we will hear of them earlier if the drugs do work.

There are some discouraging signs:
    https://news.cgtn.com/news/2020-02-2...Vvy/index.html - more than three weeks have passed.
    https://www.nih.gov/news-events/news...ovid-19-begins - should be completed April 1st; but if it worked really well I doubt that it would have been kept secret.

Specifically for HQC studies that at least have begun recruiting and estimated primary completion date
    https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/resul...r=&type=&rslt=
    S. Korea May
    Spain June 15th
    France likely beginning of April
    Italy April 30th
    US April 21st

15+ Year Old Account

This is informative, morbid and addictive. :|
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

How did the USA win this race so fast? SMH.

Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    Well, a president who called it a Democrat hoax, a media network that let its pundits call it a hoax for weeks, not even reaching the peak of our transmission curve and all of those previously named groups are already saying everyone should return to work... It's one of those things where we can all clearly identify the bad actors but the bad actors have made it taboo for us to name them the bad actors.

15+ Year Old Account
    Race to world first.

With Trump's leadership, everything is possible!

Btw, now it's official, Uusimaa will be cut off from the rest of Finland at midnight aka in 3 hours.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because there are only two countries with more population than the US?

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Because there are only two countries with more population than the US?
    That's not very good reasoning.

Neither of the two ahead of us are beating the US in cases, and they both have at least 5 times our population. To be fair, they're probably not fully reporting their numbers, but we have no reason to believe they're that far off.

There are about a half dozen countries that have similar populations, but their counts are nowhere close.

Moreover, the countries near us in population have far denser populations. The US has one of the lowest population densities of industrial nations. But we're still leading all of them with room to spare.

It's not a numbers thing.

15+ Year Old Account

+

+

10+ Year Old Account
    To be absolutely fair, when you look at per capita numbers, deaths and cases - USA is nothing special. It's not even top 10.

On the other hand, it seems to be only starting. The natural advantage of having a big pond between America and rest of the world was not taken advantage of early as it should have been.

15+ Year Old Account
    To be absolutely fair, when you look at per capita numbers, deaths and cases - USA is nothing special. It's not even top 10.
    USA came late to the party though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    USA came late to the party though.
    Yes it did, I added to my remark. But so far, USA is really nothing special. Of course it makes huge headlines and all, being USA and not some Nowheristan, but all in all it's still far from being a real hotspot.

It will be though eventually.

But I mean, now? Half of the Europe countries "beat" USA soundly in just about every useful metric and "proper" countries with "proper" healthcare systems and "proper" governments at that.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2020-03-27 at 07:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapemask View Post
    That's not very good reasoning.
    Lol, sure it is.

Neither of the two ahead of us are beating the US in cases, and they both have at least 5 times our population. To be fair, they're probably not fully reporting their numbers, but we have no reason to believe they're that far off.
    I have no explanation for China. But that's okay, nobody else does, either, apparently. India likely doesn't have as much international travel to help spread this faster. They will definitely pass us, though.

There are about a half dozen countries that have similar populations, but their counts are nowhere close.

Moreover, the countries near us in population have far denser populations. The US has one of the lowest population densities of industrial nations. But we're still leading all of them with room to spare.

It's not a numbers thing.
    Sure it is. This is an exponential curve. Most countries that are close in population also do not have as much international travel. The US very likely had growing clusters is quite a few states before we even really knew what what happening.

Also, "nowhere close" could just be a week or two behind.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Yes it did, I added to my remark. But so far, USA is really nothing special. Of course it makes huge headlines and all, being USA and not some Nowheristan, but all in all it's still far from being a real hotspot.

It will be though eventually.

But I mean, now? Half of the Europe countries "beat" USA soundly in just about every useful metric and "proper" countries with "proper" healthcare systems at that.
    Well don't you worry the virus is just starting to make a splash in Florida the state with one of the highest elderly population in the US. The state officials are refusing any lock down because "people have to work", there's a severe lack of testing and hospitals are near capacity already. They are going to make New York look like a happy dream.

USA USA USA

Thinks are starting to get tight in the Netherlands. Went from 761 ICU's in use to 873 out of 925. They are working on extending it to 1050 beds by the end of the month but we're looking to be out of space tomorrow, and 1050 isn't going to late more then a day or 2 regardless.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death