Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    In most of the country this is still a blue state especially NY problem even though the virus is in all 50 states. Most states are still not in lock down and life goes on for them as usual that's not going into the hoax narrative that still hasn't died down.
    What hoax narrative are you referring to?

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Wow... That... certainly looks like an agenda to me.
    But now we have to resort to sniping on other threads when you can't win an argument here huh? This is a political thread after all. Nice!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I was literally cautioning that the decline may be an outlier (it went back up the next day). You literally tried to preemptively call anyone who questioned you a doomsday preacher.

So, if you claim I'm being a pessimist, then where's the quotes? If you claim I'm a doomsday preacher, where's the quote? It's adorable that you think that supporting science and statistical analysis is being a doomsday preacher.

When did I ignore the positives? I literally highlighted multiple days of it, and you got pissed. Hell, you literally did what you accuse me of doing... in this fucking comment. You complained that I pointed to a day when numbers declined.

Holy shit, that was a sweet self own on your part. The bolded portion shows you lost... again.
    You used a 500 decline part to protest against my example of 7k decline. How is that not nitpicking and a desperate attempt to save face? Simple math question. Which larger? 500 or 7000? And what about a 2% decline vs a 11% decline. But nooooo they are comparable because I must win *stomps feet* And let's fcuking throw global warming into the picture too! LMAO . Yo Mr Doomsday, fucking find a shelter to dodge a dino meteor while you are at it too lmao

Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    But now we have to resort to sniping on other threads when you can't win an argument here huh? This is a political thread after all. Nice!

- - - Updated - - -

You used a 500 decline part to protest against my example of 7k decline. How is that not nitpicking and a desperate attempt to save face? Simple math question. Which larger? 500 or 7000? And what about a 2% decline vs a 11% decline. But nooooo they are comparable because I must win *stomps feet* And let's fcuking throw global warming into the picture too! LMAO . Yo Mr Doomsday, fucking find a shelter to dodge a dino meteor while you are at it too lmao
    Why do you want to ignore the positives? It dropped on the 21st, and you got mad for me bringing it up. 1999 was cooler than 1998, and you got pissed that I brought it up.

It would appear you are the pessimist and the doomsday preacher.

I'm still waiting.

It shows signs of stabilization and declining in recent days. Anything wrong with that? At least it shows that measures have worked to an extent and things are under control to a certain degree. Am i wrong to feel optimism based on that? I'm not saying it will vanish soon. It will take some time ofc.
    If you personally feel better being optimistic about it, then sure why not. Politicians just don't want anyone to be optimistic right now because they are afraid that the guidelines won't be followed which will result in exploding growth rates. You can't just rely on the reason of american citizens. A realistic outlook with a pessimistic overtone works way better.

Quote Originally Posted by Dentelan View Post
    Russians are not traveling so much, and we have very effective epidemic investigation teams (those who identify who was in infected countries, who were contacting with etc)
    Atleast in Moscow these teams are doing good job. Also there is no need to test everyone, you should test yourself only if you feel really bad, like your breath shortens, that means not enough oxygen, or you are in group of risk (old etc).
    What is reason to test if your temperature is 37.5, you are 25, and feel more or less okay? Sit at home and enjoy video games. There is people that need test more than you.
    Feel dumb yet?

It shows signs of stabilization and declining in recent days. Anything wrong with that? At least it shows that measures have worked to an extent and things are under control to a certain degree. Am i wrong to feel optimism based on that? I'm not saying it will vanish soon. It will take some time ofc.
    The fact that it still has a growth rate at all, means that is objectively NOT declining......it means it's growing. And it's hard to argue that something has both a growth rate AND is stabilizing in the same sentence, especially when the growth rate is still in the double digits.

That's not to say things aren't improving....because a slower growth rate IS an improvement, but let's not get ahead of ourselves. As long as it's still growing, it's not declining.
    Last edited by Katchii; 2020-03-31 at 03:07 PM.

I was literally cautioning that the decline may be an outlier (it went back up the next day). You literally tried to preemptively call anyone who questioned you a doomsday preacher.

So, if you claim I'm being a pessimist, then where's the quotes? If you claim I'm a doomsday preacher, where's the quote? It's adorable that you think that supporting science and statistical analysis is being a doomsday preacher.

When did I ignore the positives? I literally highlighted multiple days of it, and you got pissed. Hell, you literally did what you accuse me of doing... in this fucking comment. You complained that I pointed to a day when numbers declined.

Holy shit, that was a sweet self own on your part. The bolded portion shows you lost... again.
    You had to use a fucking 500 decline example to counter my point and even had to put words into my mouth hinting I am insinuating that is over. And fucking global warming LMAO. One desperado aren't you? You weren't fucking neutral at that point, you were being childish and being pessimistic for the sake of it. You fully deserve that doommonger moniker my friend. Wear that tag and hold your head up.

You had to use a fucking 500 decline example to counter my point and even had to put words into my mouth hinting I am insinuating that is over. And fucking global warming LMAO. One desperado aren't you? You weren't fucking neutral at that point, you were being childish and being pessimistic for the sake of it. You fully deserve that doommonger moniker my friend. Wear that tag and hold your head up.
    You keep ignoring the positives, what a shame.

I provided quotes, (something you simply cannot do), so no need to put words into your mouth, your words proved your hypocrisy long ago.

I'm still waiting for my quotes of me slandering you, and me being a doomsday preacher.

You keep ignoring the positives, what a shame.

I provided quotes, (something you simply cannot do), so no need to put words into your mouth, your words proved your hypocrisy long ago.

I'm still waiting for my quotes of me slandering you, and me being a doomsday preacher.
    Oh you sure are a doomsday preacher my boy. According to you, we shouldn't be optimistic because of global warming fluctuations in the 90s LMAO. But let's keep at this you pedantic one word wielding nincompoop.So when did I say the virus is over? Evidence please. And what's my agenda? Evidence please. And where is your evidence on the other thread that that poster is a Trumpster like you've said? Evidence please.

Oh you sure are a doomsday preacher my boy. According to you, we shouldn't be optimistic because of global warming fluctuations in the 90s LMAO. But let's keep at this you pedantic one word wielding nincompoop.So when did I say the virus is over? Evidence please. And what's my agenda? Evidence please. And where is your evidence on the other thread that that poster is a Trumpster like you've said? Evidence please.
    And yet, you have no evidence.

When did I make such a claim against you? I don't recall every claiming you stated the virus is over. Unless you can show a quote of mine, it appears you are building more straw men.

Evidence, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    The fact that it still has a growth rate at all, means that is objectively NOT declining......it means it's growing. And it's hard to argue that something has both a growth rate AND is stabilizing in the same sentence, especially when the growth rate is still in the double digits.

That's not to say things aren't improving....because a slower growth rate IS an improvement, but let's not get ahead of ourselves. As long as it's still growing, it's not declining.
    IF(!) the growth rate follows my calculated trend shown in my post, @Luckybalboa is at least right in terms of the impact the measures have had. And I really hope he is. BUT(!) numbers will rise until the beginning/mid of May, I can promise you that, no matter which epidemiologic model one uses, the numbers won't change significantly. The timing and amplitude of the peak is dependent on the growth rate and henceforth the impact of measurements. So if the US can't reduce it's growthrate below 7%, they'll be at 5.2 m cases in mid May. For 6, 5, 4 and 3 percent respectively the prognosed number of positive tested cases are: 4.2m, 3.3m, 2.7m and 2.2m. And I honestly think that won't work out. Here in Austria we have enforced our measurements a lot earlier and we still stand at 9%.

10+ Year Old Account
    GUYS!

Y'all are doing it again. I realize we're all cooped up, but @Rozz has posted multiple times in this thread reminding people to go easier on the personal bickering. You've been going on for pages and face it -- nobody is going to change their stance so it is pointless.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Ahah. Very timely. As this just came across the live CNN coronavirus feed:

Like, he could be talking directly to @lockybalboa here. Priceless.
    Good he is supporting my claim that things are improving. So what is your point.

10+ Year Old Account
    what exactly is this accomplishing?
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes but the rate in increase daily is slowing down so things are improving slowly. I'm not saying it will vanish overnight
    Have you considered that there is a limit on how many people can be tested per day? Guess what happens when they run out of tests?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodwolf View Post
    IF(!) the growth rate follows my calculated trend shown in my post, @Luckybalboa is at least right in terms of the impact the measures have had. And I really hope he is. BUT(!) numbers will rise until the beginning/mid of May, I can promise you that, no matter which epidemiologic model one uses, the numbers won't change significantly. The timing and amplitude of the peak is dependent on the growth rate and henceforth the impact of measurements. So if the US can't reduce it's growthrate below 7%, they'll be at 5.2 m cases in mid May. For 6, 5, 4 and 3 percent respectively the prognosed number of positive tested cases are: 4.2m, 3.3m, 2.7m and 2.2m. And I honestly think that won't work out. Here in Austria we have enforced our measurements a lot earlier and we still stand at 9%.
    My point was that as long as the disease HAS a growth rate the number of people infected is not declining, it's still growing...it's just growing more slowly. That's all.

That said, the slower growth rate does mean the measures being taken to self isolate and exercising social distancing seem to be working, but as long as there is still a growth rate at all, the pandemic isn't over.

Your last sentence proves my point for me, thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, I guess there's a chance. I know people who got knocked the hell down with pneumonia and bronchitis this winter.
    Well the strange part is my mother in-law was talking to a random woman who had gotten back from China where she had gone for new-years in line at Costco before we all got sick.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Well the strange part is my mother in-law was talking to a random woman who had gotten back from China where she had gone for new-years in line at Costco before we all got sick.
    Well, that may suck. I think we will learn a lot more about how it spread in the next few years. Trying to trace it right now is nearly impossible, except for maybe in very rural areas.

It also fell on the 21st, as it did on other days. 1998 was hotter than 1999, that does not mean global warming was over.
    See, you were hinting that i was saying the whole thing is over. I did not my man. And again, what does fucking global warming has to do with coronavirus?

See, you were hinting that i was saying the whole thing is over. I did not my man. And again, what does fucking global warming has to do with coronavirus?
    Where did I say that? I pointed out that basing assessments off a single data point is reckless. What happened the very next day, did the numbers go up or down? Damn, it appears the numbers went back up... so my calls for waiting for more data seem to be justified. It's amazing how seeking more data always seems to be the way to go.