Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    I'm not sure we should really be paying much attention to those that are uneducated enough to think they know no one affected by this and that 1% is a ok.
    Politicians can't ignore them...too many of them
    Everyone knows someone in the vulnerable group, and to disregard that is pretty sociopathic.
    No...you're absolutely wrong there. (Missed my post on the fireman talking...)
    Its also been pretty clear that a lot of the protests were astroturfed and funded by malicious groups and not organic whatsoever.
    You're calling them "malicious?" Interesting choice.

Its also been pretty clear that a lot of the protests were astroturfed and funded by malicious groups and not organic whatsoever.
    This is incorrect. The movements are built on symbosis between grassroots movements, big money backers and right wing media personalities. Much like the tea party originally. It isnt astroturfed because there is a genuine grassroots movement behind it.

I fucking hate seeing the boogaloo guys turn up. It can only bubble so long before it turns nasty. There is a reason they turn up heavily armed, give into our demands or this will be the consequence. Its sick.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    The hell it isn't.
    That's the percentage I currently live with simply walking out the door...for the past 28yrs.
    Before that, the percentage was a lot worse since I lived in a high crime area.
    Rofl no it isn't.

Are you seriously suggesting that you have a 1% chance on average to die every day you leave the house?

Are you so mathematically illiterate?!
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

No...you're absolutely wrong there.

People 65 years and older
    People who live in a nursing home or long-term care facility

People with chronic lung disease or moderate to severe asthma
    People who have serious heart conditions
    People who are immunocompromised
    Many conditions can cause a person to be immunocompromised, including cancer treatment, smoking, bone marrow or organ transplantation, immune deficiencies, poorly controlled HIV or AIDS, and prolonged use of corticosteroids and other immune weakening medications
    People with severe obesity (body mass index [BMI] of 40 or higher)
    People with diabetes
    People with chronic kidney disease undergoing dialysis
    People with liver disease
    I don't believe for a second you don't know at least one person who belongs to one of these groups.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Rofl no it isn't.
    Are you seriously suggesting that you have a 1% chance on average to die every day you leave the house?
    Are you that ignorant of the US...and the violence that come with living in a ghetto?
    Holy shit, you are aren't you?
    I can only envy you...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinro View Post
    I don't believe for a second you don't know at least one person who belongs to one of these groups.
    also add in anyone thats over 60. Im skeptical that theres people that dont know anyone persoally over the age of 60. And In America, Obesity is widespread so Im even mkore skeptical of no one knowing someone who is obese lol.

Blame it on my childhood...

- - - Updated - - -

also add in anyone thats over 60. Im skeptical that theres people that dont know anyone persoally over the age of 60. And In America, Obesity is widespread so Im even mkore skeptical of no one knowing someone who is obese lol.
    Not about knowing...it's about caring about such a person.

Unless you live isolated in some remote area it's pretty much impossible you don't know someone that belongs to at least 1 of those groups.

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Not about knowing...it's about caring about such a person.
    Again, sociopathy is not a good thing to base your policies on. and polls have repeatedly said 60ish% of people rather not open too early so the vocal complainers arent even the majority.

Again, sociopathy is not a good thing to base your policies on. and polls have repeatedly said 60ish% of people rather not open too early so the vocal complainers arent even the majority.
    There are over half a million people that live in my county. And 81 deaths to CV.
    The county above has 460k pop...and 61 deaths.
    The two counties below have a combine population over 200k...with a combined deaths...8 people. Those deaths...they're all strangers to me...
    Damn difficult making it personal...

- - - Updated - - -

Unless you live isolated in some remote area it's pretty much impossible you don't know someone that belongs to at least 1 of those groups.
    I lived for 26 years in my garbage patch of a ghetto...being alone, meant "safe."
    When I finally escaped the usual fate...a nd lived in a nicer place, it took me three months to put the "gun" away.

15+ Year Old Account
    Are you that ignorant of the US...and the violence that come with living in a ghetto?
    Holy shit, you are aren't you?
    I can only envy you...
    Let me break down the numbers for you because you clearly have no idea what you are talking about.

Let's take your 1% chance of death per day for 28 years.

If you have 1% chance of death that means you have 99% chance of survival (yay!). A year is 365 days, 28 years is 10220.

The probability for you NOT dying in the first year of your life would be 1-0,99^365 which comes out close to 2%. So with 1% chance of death per day there is a 98% chance that you die within the first year of your life.

Surviving 28 years with 1% per day becomes 1-0,99^10220 which comes out 45 zeros followed by a 2.

So the odds of you dying is like 99,9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999998%

That's what 1% per day means.

Please don't ever again say 1% is a small number or a small chance.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are over half a million people that live in my county. And 81 deaths to CV.
    The county above has 460k pop...and 61 deaths.
    The two counties below have a combine population over 200k...with a combined deaths...8 people. Those deaths...they're all strangers to me...
    Damn difficult making it personal...

- - - Updated - - -

I lived for 26 years in my garbage patch of a ghetto...being alone, meant "safe."
    When I finally escaped the usual fate...a nd lived in a nicer place, it took me three months to put the "gun" away.
    That's great. My county has 60 deaths with a pop of over a mil. I still care cause I have vulnerable parents.

People shouldn't have to get sicks first for you to care.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Let me break down the numbers for you because you clearly have no idea what you are talking about.
    And you clearly have no idea of what it's really like to live where I used to..A former Vietnam vet did make some unfavorable comparisons...but I suspect that reference is meaningless to such a person that knows little about violence.
    It's not about numbers...Holy shit..just stop...

- - - Updated - - -

That's great. My county has 60 deaths with a pop of over a mil. I still care cause I have vulnerable parents.
    People shouldn't have to get sicks first for you to care.
    Survival means turning that sort of thing off...even though, I suspect that you're correct.

15+ Year Old Account
    And you clearly have no idea of what it's really like to live where I used to..A former Vietnam vet did make some unfavorable comparisons...but I suspect that reference is meaningless to such a person that knows little about violence.
    Of course it's about numbers. You said 1% is meaningless.

There is obviously a chance of dying every time you leave the house. But shockingly it's nowhere fucking near 1%, not by a long shot.

You know there isn't a single ghetto or even a warzone in the world where leaving the house every day had 1% chance of death.

Because as I showed you what 1% practically means, it means that EVERYONE in that area would be dead within a year.

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Survival means turning that sort of thing off...even though, I suspect that you're correct.
    yeah...knowing someone thatwas raised in the ghetto and who still hapens to still care about their parents...I think you're just on you own on this. Survival does not mean lack of caring. Thats just an excuse for having awful opinions.

15+ Year Old Account
    Nearly 3k dead in the US today.

yeah...knowing someone thatwas raised in the ghetto and who still hapens to still care about their parents...I think you're just on you own on this. Survival does not mean lack of caring. Thats just an excuse for having awful opinions.
    They're awful to you, and others apparently.
    My mother died some years earlier...I found out later.
    Father...? I have no idea where he ended up...and I sure don't care.
    If it's reassuring, I follow the current rules...wearing mask, keeping distance...(that one was easy). I don't protest such...the rules don't really pinch me much. But I can understand the "other" side of the argument...and I do have enough sympathy when people are around. (Especially children. I think you're familiar with my posts to know I'm a raging paranoid when it comes to the little nibblets.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    Yeah, doctors were talking about this a few weeks ago. Conventional wisdom on respiratory care just doesn't seem to apply to this virus.

https://rebelem.com/covid-19-hypoxem...till-safe-way/

https://twitter.com/EricLeeMD/status...54768185303041 - check out the replies on this one

https://emcrit.org/emcrit/stop-kneejerk-intubation/ - Hypothesizing that this might partially explain why Italy's fatality rate is higher than other countries'.
    Yeah I remember that. At least now there's a consensus and guideline for these. I think there was a number of 80%(forgot where heard) of people on ventilators were dying, which may point to it being more harmful than helpful especially with all the evidence coming out to stop treating this like we normally do.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    population death is permanent reduction in GDP growth rate.
    the lockdown is temporary reduction in GDP.
    Imagine a disease that mostly kills retired people (or just about to be) living off their pensions.
    A dream come true for many a government.

You're calling them "malicious?" Interesting choice.
    Because they clearly are.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.