10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    i'd love to see that jails commissary list.
    Instead, how about their prisoner grocery store?

"The Romerike prison shop features many items that would be found in a Norwegian grocery store."

Granted, it's supposed to be a prison for drug offenders. Kind of like a rehabilitation clinic, I guess, with fewer liberties.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stevenho View Post
    So Texas is doomed.
    Right?
    Who knows?

For comparison sake, people were saying Florida was doomed the first week of March with all the spring breakers... Then two weeks later on March 17 there was still no surge happening yet and the Florida primary happened as scheduled and everyone said Florida was doomed once again since they didn't cancel the primary... Then people kept going on about about how Florida was doomed three times over for the whole rest of the month of March because there was no lock down in Florida until the beginning of April.

Its a month later now and there still hasn't been any massive surge of cases in Florida or a run on hospitals overwhelming their capacity or anything. New cases just gradually rose to their peak around the beginning of April and have hovered there since, declining ever so slightly in the following weeks.

Its anyone's guess how things will play out at this point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who wants to be that conservatives champion contact tracing, which should be one of the least conservative things imaginable.

And this is how its going to down. Talking heads are going to push it in what conservatives call 'liberal hubs and santuary cities". It will then be find its way into factories and working class jobs as a condition of employment. The data will be collected and sold in the name of' COVID19 awareness'. They will then blame companies like Google and Apple for invading your privacy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Who knows?

For comparison sake, people were saying Florida was doomed the first week of March with all the spring breakers... Then two weeks later on March 17 there was still no surge happening yet and the Florida primary happened as scheduled and everyone said Florida was doomed once again since they didn't cancel the primary... Then people kept going on about about how Florida was doomed three times over for the whole rest of the month of March because there was no lock down in Florida until the beginning of April.

Its a month later now and there still hasn't been any massive surge of cases in Florida or a run on hospitals overwhelming their capacity or anything. New cases just gradually rose to their peak around the beginning of April and have hovered there since, declining ever so slightly in the following weeks.

Its anyone's guess how things will play out at this point.
    Florida barely tests. Tests that are done by private entities often miss public counts. Some hotspots have to go under reported/ due to security clearance red tape - certainly can't trace the virus.

Antibody tests in Miami suggests a shit ton of people went under reported. That could be a positive though if it meant all those people had no symptoms. Florida also refused to test people unless you were looked like you might have to be wheeled into a hospital.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    o..I dunno...when was the last time we demanded that the healthy fit get locked up to protect the elderly? (this presumes no criminality)
    Lock up? Never. But modern society has always been treading lightly around those vulnerable. Modern society is built around protecting the vulnerable. That's why we have healthcare, retirement homes, geriatrics, prosthetics, and so on. Also, you're not locked up, you're to limit your social contacts to a minimum.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    I watched that interview in its entirety. It's soul-crushingly cringe-worthy.

After the ensuing backlash, here's a part of said mayor's response:

I can't even...
    In contrast Vegas is not unique (maybe it's attractions but not numbers) and you don't leader's of other major tourists spots being so openly careless.

Quote Originally Posted by stevenho View Post
    Nice, I just learned about this new unit of measurement:
    Americans dying each day, in multiples of 9/11 every week
    How many Olympic size swimming pools is it? What if you stack them?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Might be soft but it is perhaps the best working justice system in the west. So something to learn by.
    I meant Americans are being soft then someone made the comparison of homes being like Norwegian prisons.

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    [B]
    "The Romerike prison shop features many items that would be found in a Norwegian grocery store."

Granted, it's supposed to be a prison for drug offenders. Kind of like a rehabilitation clinic, I guess, with fewer liberties.
    meh most of that stuff can be had on the prison commissary list in the united states. just look up any prison and they have their list online.

hell half the prisons in my state have ice cream on theirs.

Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...-orange-county

Tens of thousands of people packed southern California beaches over the weekend, reigniting fears that large crowds in public spaces could reverse progress on containing Covid-19 in the US.

Photos of the gatherings in Newport Beach, Orange county, during a weekend heatwave sparked intense backlash and comparisons with Florida, where images of beachgoers raised alarms about the state’s coronavirus strategy. In recent days, beach and park reopenings have also prompted debates and public health concerns in Texas, Georgia, Mississippi, South Carolina and other regions looking to re-emerge from lockdowns.

Just, why?

And this from a streamer I watch on twitch: https://clips.twitch.tv/ExpensiveTenaciousDiscDoggo
    Last edited by Freighter; 2020-04-27 at 11:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    To be honest after thinking about it, beaches are probably one of the safest ones to open. It tends to be windy and open so airborne viral particles will be easier to be blown away (I don't think downward wind is a thing at beaches?) from the populace as opposed to lingering in a stagnant closed off area. Iirc the long airborne particle studies were in the most ideal condition, aka absolutely still atmosphere.

so just to be sure since I'm gonna ask this again:

if you have Corona Virus, should you just kill yourself? I'm not encouraging suicide but if it's pretty much an uncurable viral agent that kills everyone around you in addition to killing you, I don't see what's the point in going on. Asking for fear of myself since I have to at least engage in basic living like groceries no matter fucking what. I also took a risk in ordering a pizza today but was so fucking afraid of the guy and the pizza that it's just sitting there since I'm so afraid to eat it.
    [Infraction]
    Last edited by Rozz; 2020-04-28 at 12:22 AM. Reason: Minor Trolling

Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post

if you have Corona Virus, should you just kill yourself? I'm not encouraging suicide but if it's pretty much an uncurable viral agent that kills everyone around you in addition to killing you, I don't see what's the point in going on. Asking for fear of myself since I have to at least engage in basic living like groceries no matter fucking what. I also took a risk in ordering a pizza today but was so fucking afraid of the guy and the pizza that it's just sitting there since I'm so afraid to eat it.
    Stop spreading misinformation.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinro View Post
    Stop spreading misinformation.
    It's not misinformation it's what it IS AND SHOULDN'T BE TAKEN LIGHTLY. Just please consider there are people stuck to their homes and still under an insane amount of paranoia and stress at SO MANY prospects like job loss and contracting a fatal virus even with precautions for basic living.

It's not misinformation it's what it IS AND SHOULDN'T BE TAKEN LIGHTLY. Just please consider there are people stuck to their homes and still under an insane amount of paranoia and stress at SO MANY prospects like job loss and contracting a fatal virus even with precautions for basic living.
    You are (hopefully) the minority and no, killing oneself for running a fever in fear of having the corona virus is equal parts stupid and insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    You are (hopefully) the minority and no, killing oneself for running a fever in fear of having the corona virus is equal parts stupid and insane.
    a minority for being fearful and cautious is still a horrible thing considering the majority going out like nothing is wrong.

And they say there's no distinction with a "fever" and corona until about a week later, at which point you will supposedly perish

10+ Year Old Account

What? Also food is generally safe. Food packages are generally safe too. Coronaviruses don't do well in direct heat. Even if CV19 can be found on some faces three days later after being placed there, it doesn't appear to be infectious. There's little evidence that supports spread from surface (if the surface is dry). Primary vector is by far direct person to person virus droplets touching mucus membranes (eyes nose mouth contact/inhalation after some has recently recently coughed, sneezed, spoke, touched their face).

Food places stayed open because food is safe as long person to person contact is minimal.

a minority for being fearful and cautious is still a horrible thing considering the majority going out like nothing is wrong.

And they say there's no distinction with a "fever" and corona until about a week later, at which point you will supposedly perish
    People are fearful and cautious; you are paranoid. There's a difference.

People are fearful and cautious; you are paranoid. There's a difference.
    isn't it justified though? You are going to die if you get it, and painfully at that.

isn't it justified though? You are going to die if you get it, and painfully at that.
    I'm not because I'm not panicking and I'm following guidelines. Why are you? You guzzle someone's spit recently?

I'm not because I'm not panicking and I'm following guidelines. Why are you? You guzzle someone's spit recently?
    See, you didn't deny the fact it is going to kill you. That is what inspires fear along with the fact there is absolutely no vaccine and no one cares to make one even with all the smart people out there.

And the pizza thing today was my first human interaction in months apart from relatives. I'm seriously wondering if it's safe to eat the thing, like most food. I just ordered pizza because most of everything I've been eating for a while now has been instant noodles and canned food, causing me to vomit recently. I need to eat something else.