15+ Year Old Account
    https://edition.cnn.com/2020/08/24/h...udy/index.html

It has now been confirmed with multiple cases that you can catch covid-19 again.

So much for the immunity.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Keyboard Turner
    3+ Year Old Account
    Corona virus is the most recent threat in the world. Lots of people are dying every day.

Things continue to go well here in America.

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-w...-governor-over

Republicans in Ohio are drafting up articles of impeachment against the governor, Mike DeWine, who is also a Republican.

Why? Because he's taken the virus seriously and issued multiple public safety orders in an effort to reduce the spread of the virus. Apparently the Republican's in the state Congress aren't happy with this as it's hurting their attempts to turn the party into a full-on death cult.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    german pathologists are releasing their reports about death in addition to covid https://www.pathologie.de/fileadmin/...20.08.2020.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post

It has now been confirmed with multiple cases that you can catch covid-19 again.

Health experts don't seem too concerned if it happens once in a million or so, and the reinfection is mild as in this case.

So, no panic yet.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    Health experts don't seem too concerned if it happens once in a million or so, and the reinfection is mild as in this case.

So, no panic yet.

Emphasis on YET.

Being infected obviously provides immunity for some time.

That time seems to be something around six months or in that ball park. Maybe a year at max. Nevertheless, you will not become immune to the virus ad infinitum.

This means we don't have a way out of this virus by herd immunity and the only "cure" is a seasonal vaccine if we can even create a functional one every year.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.

Emphasis on YET.

Being infected obviously provides immunity for some time.

That time seems to be something around six months or in that ball park. Maybe a year at max. Nevertheless, you will not become immune to the virus ad infinitum.
    There are a number of alternative explanations:
    The immunity isn't complete - so you can get infected again, but it's much milder and don't spread the disease.
    Some, perhaps one in a thousand, aren't immune after the first infection.
    They wouldn't change much, except turn "immunity passports" from a bad idea to a really bad idea.

This means we don't have a way out of this virus by herd immunity and the only "cure" is a seasonal vaccine if we can even create a functional one every year.
    A seasonal vaccine doesn't seem likely at the moment. If the virus has mutated enough to lose cross-immunity over time (which seems doubtful) it would be likely that there is also no cross-immunity between different current Sars-Cov-2 variants, and one would need a cock-tail of vaccines with so many types that it's unlikely to work.

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-w...rus-cases-in-8

Over 100 cases across 8 states have been linked to the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally already. Health experts are expecting continued spread as a result, as there may be a great many asymptomatic folks unknowingly spreading it that haven't been contact traced yet.

And another mess - some PCR-tests have been bad (only false positives as far as I understand):
    https://medicalxpress.com/news/2020-...es-covid-.html
    https://www.nytimes.com/reuters/2020...n-testing.html

"Sweden's Public Health Agency said Tuesday a faulty test kit had returned some 3,700 false positive results, an error discovered by two laboratories during routine quality controls.

The agency said the PCR kits, which test for an ongoing COVID-19 infection, were made in China by the company BGI Genomics and had been distributed worldwide."

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://thehill.com/homenews/state-w...rus-cases-in-8

Over 100 cases across 8 states have been linked to the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally already. Health experts are expecting continued spread as a result, as there may be a great many asymptomatic folks unknowingly spreading it that haven't been contact traced yet.
    Sigh, 100ish cases for 460,000 people in the 9 days since it ended. The reporting is acting like they're bringing cases to areas free from the virus, except there are no parts of the US free from it at the moment. Minnesota has had over 5000 cases in the same time frame.

I keep harping on this because it's bad reporting and people are falling for it, not that I want to defend the rally. The rally wasn't smart, but neither is most everything else that's causing the 40-50k cases per day in the US. How many of those 460,000 would have gotten it had they not gone?
    Last edited by Nellise; 2020-08-25 at 10:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    ... can anyone guess what?
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...r-mask-wearing

So what do you guys think, does it work... or not?

15+ Year Old Account
    There are only 6 countries left on this planet that don't have a mask recommendation or rule.

The countries are Eritrea, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Yemen and Sweden.

Four of those countries are in an active civil war.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuor View Post
    ... can anyone guess what?
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...r-mask-wearing

So what do you guys think, does it work... or not?
    There are some unclear points in that article: were the four masked employees exposed in a similar way (looking more closely it seems they were primarily working on another floor), and are the officials correct in assuming that the patrons didn't wear masks consistently (seems likely)?

However, even if mask works it highlights that they are not a panacea - this spread is exactly the kind of spread you would see even if masks are mandatory and you allow restaurants/starbucks to be open, since people need to take off the masks to eat/drink.

Note that the staff also wore gloves, and the room seems to have big fans re-circulating the air a lot - to increase the spread.

There are only 6 countries left on this planet that don't have a mask recommendation or rule.

The countries are Eritrea, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Yemen and Sweden.

Four of those countries are in an active civil war.
    Well, to be honest, a lot of MENA countries like those have a lot of other problems going on too.

Quote Originally Posted by Xjev View Post
    I wonder, putting all politics aside, how Sweden with no lockdown, no mask, no nothing managed to deal with this mysterious thing with such massive rate and ease of spread. I think this pandemic has really complicated science behind it.
    Population density. 25 habitants/km².

For instance, in France, we have 120 H/km².
    USA is 93 H/km².

And I read somewhere (so that needs confirmation) that swedish "culture" promotes in itself some kind of social distanciation (if any swedish people could valid that or invalid it).

Still doing pretty good in Canada, not many cases in my province. Fall is going to inevitably see an increase though, I just hope I don't get it again but if I do I am taking a few months off of work to recoup because that shit is heavy on you.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xjev View Post
    I wonder, putting all politics aside, how Sweden with no lockdown, no mask, no nothing managed to deal with this mysterious thing with such massive rate and ease of spread. I think this pandemic has really complicated science behind it.
    Low population density and good medical infrastructure.

Their body count is 10 times higher per capita than neighbouring countries though.

So that's how they dealt with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Low population density and good medical infrastructure.

Their body count is 10 times higher per capita than neighbouring countries though.

So that's how they dealt with it.
    But those were just old people.

They're not really people, and it's okay if they die.

I mean, according to certain political parties, anyway...
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

I already knew that myself personally just from knowing people who caught it again within a month. This thing isn't going to get herd immunity from anything other then a vaccine
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Anything new in the treatment/vaccine part?
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker