Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Rate fast food where you are A, B, C, D or F.

Rate fast food where you are A, B, C, D or F. Also what’s your go to item at any of them when or if you visit them.

I don’t eat fast food much anymore but occasionally:

McDonald’s- I’d give a Solid B.
    Go to item Filet o Fish.

Wendy’s- I’d give a A.
    Go to item Dave’s classic Single.

Arby’s- I’d give a solid D.
    Go to item used to be the Roast Beef

Burger King- I’d give a C.
    Go to item used to be the Whopper
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    McDonald's - C

Some items are okay but it's the service around here that is the worst.

Wendy's - A

Food is good more times than not and service is also good more times than not. Favorite food is the Asiago Chicken Sandwich Classic.

Arby's - A

Same as Wendy's but it's on the other side of town so I don't go to often. Gyro is pretty good but it's hard to beat the Cheddar Roast Beef.

Burger King - C

Same as McDonald's.

We have others but they're mostly average.

Chicken A+
    Drummer A++

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    Chicken A+
    Drummer A++
    I see what you did there.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    McDonald's - D
    The only things I'll reliably eat are the Sausage Egg and Cheese McGriddle, the Egg McMuffin, or the fries.

Culver's - A+
    Never been disappointed. Their burgers actually taste fresh. Their onion rings are some of the best. I'm definitely an onion ring Judge and have tried onion rings at MANY places, including proper sit-down restaurants and the only place that could beat Culver's was BurgerFi. Also their fresh frozen custard is delectable. If I go I struggle to not get: Deluxe double with cheddar instead of American, onion rings, and a concrete mixer or malt.

Speaking of...

BurgerFi - A+
    Also very fresh, awesome sides, great shakes.

Burger King - D-
    Just not worth it. Whopper is the only thing I'll eat.

Wendy's - C-
    They've gone downhill. Frosty is still good, though.

In-N-Out - F
    Finally tried last year. Got the burger, fries, and a shake. Was sorely disappointed in all three. The burger was pretty mute on the flavor and the fries were like cardboard. The shake tasted very sugary in the worst ways. This place is wildly overrated. People talk about this and Whataburger but who they need to talk about is Culver's.

Whataburger - D+
    Better than McD's, but not by much. Went there a couple times near Memphis and got a burger, fries, and shake (if they had it available...) and thought definitely better than In-N-Out, at least.

Taco Bell - B
    Lowkey much better than it gets credit for. Crunchwrap Supreme is awesome and filling. The grilled cheese burrito is a flavor bomb. Chalupas are ol' reliable. Earlier this year they briefly had fried chicken tacos that were DELICIOUS. Really disappointed they got rid of them.

Chic-Fil-A - B-
    A Chicken sandwich, cool. It's not that mindblowing though. If anything their sauce is good but unfortunately made with soybean oil. (Yes I just rated Taco Bell higher than CFA, sue me.)

Portillo's - C-
    I live near one of the older locations in the northern suburbs of Chicago and it's drastically gone downhill in every way since the sale. They burn the f out of the onion rings and it just ruins them. The fries are forgettable. The burger is boring with no life.

White Castle - F
    Why in the fuck does anyone want to eat a slider with a grey colored paper-thin "burger" and a whopping whole pickle slice and a tiny piece of American cheese? This place is an utter joke.

Steak'n'Shake - D
    Usually would get a burger and fries because the options aren't that crazy. Last time I went, after my palette had grown up, I noted how flavorless and oversalted the fries were, cardboardy, and how the burger is just nothing to write home about at all. Plus the shakes are just sugary nonsense like In-n-Out.

Five Guys - C
    Overly greasy and the fries are fine. Their burgers are just a mess.

Smashburger - C
    Went there once. It was very forgettable. I got some burger and either fries or onion rings. Never been inspired to return.

Jimmy John's - A-
    As a mostly former, but still very occasionally go and work there, I'm a little biased, but I will try to be honest. Our food IS very fresh, though Inspire Brands has fucked with some of that OG idea of JJ's and pushed more stuff that's precut/etc on us. I think this is taking away from the spirit of JJ's, but fine, they bought the company, they can do with it as they will. We still have some of the best quality vegetables and meats however, compared to other "fast food" places. Also, you can safely know we're almost 100% going to be healthier because there is no frying. None of that grease. Feel free to load it up on the veggies. If the location you're at is still honorable, the veggies should be less than 2 days old sliced. I personally am an 11 Country Club person but having worked there on and off for very nearly 10 years now, I hardly ever do something as it comes anymore. That new Chicken bbq wrap though is FIRE.

Chipotle - B+
    It's good but the price forces me to take it down a notch or two. I like burritos and bowls and really loved the cauliflower rice while they had it. Wish they'd make it permanent. It was healthy! I like going barbacoa or steak, but chicken at least keeps the price down. Fajita veggies are nice. Too bad the guac is so damned expensive.

I could keep going but I think this is enough.

In case anyone is ever in the suburbs north of Chicago, this place is NOT a fast food restaurant, but makes some KICKASS BBQ and has a fantastic burger, called the Oklahoma Onion Burger, and is just all-around awesome. Chicago Culinary Kitchen, let me know if you go! Home - Chicago Culinary Kitchen
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by Templar 331 View Post
    McDonald's - C
    Burger King - C
    Roughly this. The food is fine for what it is, but you can get much better at other places and the value for money is pretty bad since the burgers aren't very filling. Like I could go to Burger King and get a large value meal + small burger on the side for $20ish, or I can go to the pub and get a really nice burger w/ fries for $24... and they also do takeaway, so as far as I'm concerned there's no real point to mcdonalds/burger king existing anymore.

KFC I'd give maybe a B, with the caveat that it's a lot more reliant on the particular store you go to because if they overcook the chicken then it's just terrible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Templar 331 View Post
    McDonald's - C

Some items are okay but it's the service around here that is the worst.

Wendy's - A

Food is good more times than not and service is also good more times than not. Favorite food is the Asiago Chicken Sandwich Classic.

Arby's - A

Same as Wendy's but it's on the other side of town so I don't go to often. Gyro is pretty good but it's hard to beat the Cheddar Roast Beef.

Burger King - C

Same as McDonald's.

We have others but they're mostly average.
    Yeah. McDonald service does suck, but then again so does most fast food, with the exception of Chik Fil A, Don't know how they do it, their chicken over all is ok except for their chicken sandwich, which i exceptional. I love their grilled chicken sandwich.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    McDonald's - D
    The only things I'll reliably eat are the Sausage Egg and Cheese McGriddle, the Egg McMuffin, or the fries.

Culver's - A+
    Never been disappointed. Their burgers actually taste fresh. Their onion rings are some of the best. I'm definitely an onion ring Judge and have tried onion rings at MANY places, including proper sit-down restaurants and the only place that could beat Culver's was BurgerFi. Also their fresh frozen custard is delectable. If I go I struggle to not get: Deluxe double with cheddar instead of American, onion rings, and a concrete mixer or malt.

Speaking of...

BurgerFi - A+
    Also very fresh, awesome sides, great shakes.

Burger King - D-
    Just not worth it. Whopper is the only thing I'll eat.

Wendy's - C-
    They've gone downhill. Frosty is still good, though.

In-N-Out - F
    Finally tried last year. Got the burger, fries, and a shake. Was sorely disappointed in all three. The burger was pretty mute on the flavor and the fries were like cardboard. The shake tasted very sugary in the worst ways. This place is wildly overrated. People talk about this and Whataburger but who they need to talk about is Culver's.

Whataburger - D+
    Better than McD's, but not by much. Went there a couple times near Memphis and got a burger, fries, and shake (if they had it available...) and thought definitely better than In-N-Out, at least.

Taco Bell - B
    Lowkey much better than it gets credit for. Crunchwrap Supreme is awesome and filling. The grilled cheese burrito is a flavor bomb. Chalupas are ol' reliable. Earlier this year they briefly had fried chicken tacos that were DELICIOUS. Really disappointed they got rid of them.

Chic-Fil-A - B-
    A Chicken sandwich, cool. It's not that mindblowing though. If anything their sauce is good but unfortunately made with soybean oil. (Yes I just rated Taco Bell higher than CFA, sue me.)

Portillo's - C-
    I live near one of the older locations in the northern suburbs of Chicago and it's drastically gone downhill in every way since the sale. They burn the f out of the onion rings and it just ruins them. The fries are forgettable. The burger is boring with no life.

White Castle - F
    Why in the fuck does anyone want to eat a slider with a grey colored paper-thin "burger" and a whopping whole pickle slice and a tiny piece of American cheese? This place is an utter joke.

Steak'n'Shake - D
    Usually would get a burger and fries because the options aren't that crazy. Last time I went, after my palette had grown up, I noted how flavorless and oversalted the fries were, cardboardy, and how the burger is just nothing to write home about at all. Plus the shakes are just sugary nonsense like In-n-Out.

Five Guys - C
    Overly greasy and the fries are fine. Their burgers are just a mess.

Smashburger - C
    Went there once. It was very forgettable. I got some burger and either fries or onion rings. Never been inspired to return.

Jimmy John's - A-
    As a mostly former, but still very occasionally go and work there, I'm a little biased, but I will try to be honest. Our food IS very fresh, though Inspire Brands has fucked with some of that OG idea of JJ's and pushed more stuff that's precut/etc on us. I think this is taking away from the spirit of JJ's, but fine, they bought the company, they can do with it as they will. We still have some of the best quality vegetables and meats however, compared to other "fast food" places. Also, you can safely know we're almost 100% going to be healthier because there is no frying. None of that grease. Feel free to load it up on the veggies. If the location you're at is still honorable, the veggies should be less than 2 days old sliced. I personally am an 11 Country Club person but having worked there on and off for very nearly 10 years now, I hardly ever do something as it comes anymore. That new Chicken bbq wrap though is FIRE.

Chipotle - B+
    It's good but the price forces me to take it down a notch or two. I like burritos and bowls and really loved the cauliflower rice while they had it. Wish they'd make it permanent. It was healthy! I like going barbacoa or steak, but chicken at least keeps the price down. Fajita veggies are nice. Too bad the guac is so damned expensive.

I could keep going but I think this is enough.

In case anyone is ever in the suburbs north of Chicago, this place is NOT a fast food restaurant, but makes some KICKASS BBQ and has a fantastic burger, called the Oklahoma Onion Burger, and is just all-around awesome. Chicago Culinary Kitchen, let me know if you go! Home - Chicago Culinary Kitchen

WOW an F, that is amazing, I have yet to have an In and Out and every time I have been in California I missed my chance, I have anticipated getting a In and Out burger forever. Even Ramsey gave it a ringing endorsement.

I disagree with some of your picks but that'll happen. I'd say the thing I would nit pick is cost. I don't think cost should ever be a factor in how GOOD something is in terms of food content.

Granted if something isn't worth the price no matter how good it is, that makes sense, but I think price should be a separate consideration.

Although I am 100% with you on Culver their Wisconsin Cheddar Burger I heard is better than In and Out, however I wouldn't know still never had an In and Out

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the new Chicken Drummer chain

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post

WOW an F, that is amazing, I have yet to have an In and Out and every time I have been in California I missed my chance, I have anticipated getting a In and Out burger forever. Even Ramsey gave it a ringing endorsement.

I disagree with some of your picks but that'll happen. I'd say the thing I would nit pick is cost. I don't think cost should ever be a factor in how GOOD something is in terms of food content.

Granted if something isn't worth the price no matter how good it is, that makes sense, but I think price should be a separate consideration.

Although I am 100% with you on Culver their Wisconsin Cheddar Burger I heard is better than In and Out, however I wouldn't know still never had an In and Out
    That's fair! I like to factor in price, NOWADAYS, only because it's gotten so out of control. Like I'll buy 3 things at Taco Bell and "$16.xx, please" the fuuuuuuuuuuck?!!!

Honestly what really just makes Culver's so much better than most others is the juiciness and freshness. You can tell the quality difference. You can tell they're grilling something more real, something fresher. If Culver's expanded - and people didn't let their personal feelings in the way, In-N-Out and Whataburger would absolutely go out of business if they didn't make some major changes.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

honestly other then recent visit to Panera, mostly cause they don't mind people hanging out there for hours and art group I'm in, needed one time place to meet besides our usual - I can't even remember the last time I had fast food. I think.... like 5 years ago?

bought chik-fil-a to see what the fuss is about - B-. its a decent sandwhich, but nothing special
    burger king had that impossible burger promo - bought that out of sheer curiocity. meh... C, the one I eventually ended up making at home, myself - was better by far.

oh and Panera? C-. I remember it being so much better in a past. though it could also be just that particular location.

everything else is at least decade ago, more like 2, so I can't in all honestly rate places on such outdated experiences, I could barely justify chik-fil-a and burger king....

I don't buy from any of the major chains, I don't get how people can rate them high, if I want something I order from the local kebab restaurant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    That's fair! I like to factor in price, NOWADAYS, only because it's gotten so out of control. Like I'll buy 3 things at Taco Bell and "$16.xx, please" the fuuuuuuuuuuck?!!!

Honestly what really just makes Culver's so much better than most others is the juiciness and freshness. You can tell the quality difference. You can tell they're grilling something more real, something fresher. If Culver's expanded - and people didn't let their personal feelings in the way, In-N-Out and Whataburger would absolutely go out of business if they didn't make some major changes.
    I don't disagree with you about price, it's gotten way out of hand, that said, still wouldn't rate something on price. Price has almost nothing to do with taste, quality of ingredients etc. Not saying I wouldn't mention it, but I wouldn't base a score on it.

Be like me saying I liked Rocky 4, but I give it a F because at the time 7$ a ticket was too high, it's your review, just saying I understand your meaning, but I just think taste and price are separate. Which also leaves room to say hey, this 100$ sunday is the best I ever had, but no way is it worth 100$ or only worth a 100$ if it's once in a life time like a birthday or anniversary's, maybe a vacation.

As for the rest, yeah I also agree with you sometimes hype can hurt my review of something.

Still pissed I've not got my hands on In and Out, I gotta see what the hype is

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    honestly other then recent visit to Panera, mostly cause they don't mind people hanging out there for hours and art group I'm in, needed one time place to meet besides our usual - I can't even remember the last time I had fast food. I think.... like 5 years ago?

bought chik-fil-a to see what the fuss is about - B-. its a decent sandwhich, but nothing special
    burger king had that impossible burger promo - bought that out of sheer curiocity. meh... C, the one I eventually ended up making at home, myself - was better by far.

oh and Panera? C-. I remember it being so much better in a past. though it could also be just that particular location.

everything else is at least decade ago, more like 2, so I can't in all honestly rate places on such outdated experiences, I could barely justify chik-fil-a and burger king....
    Yeah was so excited to try Panera bread and then I had one of their bread bowls of sadness. Maybe it's like the Story of Boston Market, it was great before they became corporates.

Bloodsail Admiral
    3+ Year Old Account
    With all places but particularly the big ones like McD's, Wendy's, and Burger King, it really can make a massive difference location to location just depending how they're managed. In a lot of cases I'll drive right by a nasty location and go to another one that I know does it way better. It goes against the entire fast food business model that every location should have food be the same, and it is the same process and ingredients. But it's in the details where the worse run restaurants drop the ball. They cook food early to prep for expected rushes (even though they aren't supposed to), don't change the oil often enough, pull food a bit early in a hurry to shave cooking time off, etc. And that's the difference between good crispy fresh food and undercooked greasy grossness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty spoiled around here. There's Ezells for fired chicken, Ivar's for chowder andfish'n'chips, Katsu Burger, Pho Than Bros, and a of taco trucks.

Going to be an A++ when the new Jollibee opens up.

Government Affiliated Snark

McDonald's - D+
    Only love eating their breakfast when i feel like hangover or something. Mcgriddle or sasauage mcmuffin or mcsteak breakfast. But now i don't go there as much i used to anymore.

Culver's - A+
    Never been disappointed me but i rarely go there time to time.

Burger King - F
    Totally taste like Horse's ass and lips and grass on whoppers. Fuck off Shut this fucking king down.

Wendy's - D
    If i was honest, i only go there for frosty when im def in mood for it but haven't gone there since 9 months

Whataburger - F
    Terrible service, burgers and fries are undercooked and i asked them several time and they throwing fit about it. Went there couple times and still stubborn as fuck. Totally garbage. Give big fat zero tips. Ain't my problem, I asked politely to request cooked burger and fries properly and still come out undercooked or microwaved as fk. Took up to manager and manager be like ain't my problem with u and service communication. I wrote such harsh comment and threw their foods on table across the room. You go pick it up and clean it up. You disrespect me then i'll disrespect you back. Fuck that place.

Taco Bell - D
    Totally trash fast food i ever tasted, If i live in texas which their meats are different than other. I would probably rate it better.

Chic-Fil-A - B+
    Chicken nuggets with their sauce is my favorite and never try other varies. Rly it's just me.

Portillo's - B+

i give this service good but mind you i'm very picky when it comes to food.

White Castle - D
    Burgers are not that awesome... just too mehhh Don't really recommend it

Five Guys - C-
    Too much greases and fries in bag.... just heart attack method

Jimmy John's - A+
    Loving it these varies sandwiches always love trying new stuff.

Chipotle - D

Stopped going there since college year, not rly enjoying their foods. Honest i tried varies and it still irks me. I guess i just being me.

J.J Cheng (chinese) A++
    MY favorite chinese take out or dine in with varies options to try. Totally worth trying all varies on list as you desire. Once again, it's not everybody's taste for it. Only disappointment is i miss their lemonade sauce that is totally suitable for crispy shrimp roll and finding out they discontinued it.

Kopp A+
    Burger and ice cream are SPot on. Trust me.. Spot fucking on.

Oscar B+
    their ice cream.. What the huge fuckable? So good I shit you not but burger and other listing are alright.. They change the ints and mats about it that is very noticeable.

Rocky Rocco C-
    Them rocky rocco mascot with big nose (i call him cocaine man anyway)
    An okay pizza even i know it's fake as fuck but if that desperate hungry i would choose this if nowhere else to eat.
    Last edited by trapmaster; 2023-10-24 at 04:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gyros is a local 10/10, it does what it's supposed to do.

Other than that, I never eat fast food. I like Burger King though. Hate KFC, and I'm lukewarm towards Macdonalds. Taco Bell is garbage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wish someone made a good grilled chicken sandwich.

5+ Year Old Account
    Burger King: A
    Subway: A
    KFC: A (just for their cole slaw.)
    Taco Bell: C
    Mcdonalds: A
    In-N-Out: A
    Jack in the box: ? (i haven't eaten jack in the box in forever lol so i forgot what their food tastes like.)
    Wendy's: ? (same haven't eaten in forever)
    Jollibee: A (yes you CAN have chicken with rice, but i'm biased because i'm Filipino-asian)
    Chick-fil-A: A (love those waffle fries)
    Last edited by monkfailz; 2023-10-27 at 09:25 PM.

F, everything.

Never enjoyed "fast food" and it has historically made me sick to my stomach.

I ate ONE white castle burger after a concert 100 years ago and was pooping my guts out for like a week.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Only fast food I eat is Chipolte so i'ts an A for me.