Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    I'm just going to repeat what I said a few days ago:

Complains about name-calling. One-ups the name-calling and throws in more strawmanning, too.

Classy.
    Wow now you're hinting I have some political agenda LMAO. I see i see this is a political thread disguised as a coronavirus thread! So you're saying I'm to be name-called for being optimistic with recent decline in the growth factor? I didn't start it you know? No optimism allowed here? Or I am some "politician" like you've hinted ? Is everything being politicized here? All black and white?"Fuck this guy dares to have some optimism unlike us! He must be a Trumpster" I'm serious someone here literally called me trumpster for my outlook lmao

Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    I'm talking about increase rate in new cases not absolute numbers ffs. For example we had an 10K increase in new cases last week vs 2k increase yesterday. You are just looking at absolute numbers which is not an indication of whether things are under control
    Because you have so far not specified a source for your claims, I calculated the growth rate for you with the data provided from JHU. Here you go:

It is still too early to claim that it stabilized. And yes it will stabilize if the US citizens follow the guidelines they have been provided. That said, a decline of growth rate doesn't mean your health care system wont suffer immensely. A collapse of the health care system will result in even more deaths not related to Covid-19. And the US health care is especially prone to that.

Wow now you're hinting I have some political agenda LMAO. I see i see this is a political thread disguised as a coronavirus thread! So you're saying I'm to be name-called for being optimistic with recent decline in the growth factor? I didn't start it you know? No optimism allowed here? Or I am some "politician" like you've hinted ? Is everything being politicized here? All black and white?"Fuck this guy dares to have some optimism unlike us! He must be a Trumpster" I'm serious someone here literally called me trumpster for my outlook lmao
    You are saying the exact same shit in the political thread:

All these are caused by pressure exerted by media sensationalism and nincompoops like you who buy into their bullshit. Oh 100 new deaths and 1000 infections today! Fucking doomsday is coming! Are you one of those spend every waking hour worrying about how you would catch a flu and get run over by a car tomorrow? How many people get the flu and die from illness everyday? How about you compare the numbers? I bet you are one of those that hoard all the fucking toilet papers in supermarkets

The whiners are the ones raging at me for not panicking like a mouse

- - - Updated - - -

Ok i get it. The disease is infectious. 2% mortality rate. Then what?What more is there to do but to sit and wait it out? I mean do you spend every waking minute worrying about getting ill the next day and some other misfortunes. What more can we do but to follow guidelines and take precautions? I'm just saying it's not a doomsday scenario and people just rage at me for no reason

I am not taking this lightly I just do not preach doomsday nonsense as the likes of your kind. Stop aiding the garbage media in further exacerbating fear and panic when the situation is tense enough already. This is not a doomsday scenario ffs. We just need to sit and wait out. Or better still help out in whatever ways we can

Nah retards are people like you who hoard toilet papers and preach fucking doomsday prophecies in forums all day and do nothing constructive. 700 people dead each day! Fucking doomsday is coming. We've never had hundreds of people dead from illnesses everyday ey? We already have isolation measures in place, then what more do you fucking want? If you are that heroic go to fucking hospitals or donate some quid and help out instead of QQing in the forums all day then? What have you fucking done for the situation except to whine and sob all day mate? You deserve a fucking Nobel Prize for repeating this shit ey?

I'm not saying the virus is not a thing and precautions should not be taken. I'm saying it is not as grim and disastrous as what the media would like you to believe. They are covering and reporting like a 1000 new cases of infections spells the end of the world and that kind of bs when we can have easily 10 times the amount of people catching the common flu everyday. The media is capitalizing and exacerbating on people's fear for their agenda. That is my complaint. The disease is infectious but not as deadly as they would like you to believe.
    All these are caused by pressure exerted by media sensationalism and nincompoops like you who buy into their bullshit. Oh 100 new deaths and 1000 infections today! Fucking doomsday is coming! Are you one of those spend every waking hour worrying about how you would catch a flu and get run over by a car tomorrow? How many people get the flu and die from illness everyday? How about you compare the numbers? I bet you are one of those that hoard all the fucking toilet papers in supermarkets

This virus is seriously blown out of proportions by the media who played a part in the big panic. The common flu is equally infectious and kills even more people yearly but doesn't get much attention. This one does because it has a name. And the media is rubbing it in and sensationalizing just for more readership and profits. Totally revolting.

Yes but the rate in increase daily is slowing down so things are improving slowly. I'm not saying it will vanish overnight
    That's not how virus works. Today you can have 10000 new cases tomorrow 8000 and 4 days later 20000.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm just going to repeat what I said a few days ago:
    What I'm worried about is how many politicians are going to see a slight, temporary flattening of the curve and assume that it means that they're nearing their peak, rather than taking it for what it more likely is: a delayed reaction to distancing measures having a correlative effect on said curve while still on the way up.
    Ahah. Very timely. As this just came across the live CNN coronavirus feed:
    Fauci: We see "glimmers" that social distancing is working

Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, said social distancing measures appear to be working — but stressed that the coronavirus pandemic is still a very serious situation.

“We’re starting to see glimmers that that is actually having some dampening effect,” Fauci told CNN’s Jim Sciutto.

Fauci cautioned that the US hasn’t seen a turnaround in cases yet, but is hopeful that efforts to push mitigation is possibly slowing the rate.

“What we're starting to see right now is just the inklings. And I don't want to put too much stock on it, because you don't want to get overconfident, you just want to keep pushing in what you're doing. You're starting to see that the daily increases are not in that steep incline, they're starting to be able to possibly flatten out,” Fauci says.
    Like, he could be talking directly to @lockybalboa here. Priceless.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

I cannot wait until I can get an antibody test and prove to everyone it was spreading around far before it was a pandemic because I most definitely had it based on my 1 month go with it and all the symptoms.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    It also fell on the 21st, as it did on other days.1998 was hotter than 1999, that does not mean global warming was over.
    There you go. You had to nitpick and use a 500 decline on the 21st example to use against my 7k example. And used obscure and unrelated example of global warming to shoot down my outlook. Isn't that extreme and petty pessimism and nitpicking to argue against my point for the sake of it? That is why I called you a doom monger because of your extreme pessimism. And in no part did I ever say the disease is "over" But you had to put words in my mouth. If at this point your down's is so extreme I can't help you mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    I cannot wait until I can get an antibody test and prove to everyone it was spreading around far before it was a pandemic because I most definitely had it based on my 1 month go with it and all the symptoms.
    When was this?

I've seen a ton of people claim they had it in October and November, but there's so far no evidence of it.

- - - Updated - - -

There you go. You had to nitpick and use a 500 decline on the 21st example to use against my 7k example. And used obscure and unrelated example of global warming to shoot down my outlook. Isn't that extreme and petty pessimism and nitpicking to argue against my point for the sake of it? That is why I called you a doom monger because of your extreme pessimism. And in no part did I ever say the disease is "over" But you had to put words in my mouth. If at this point your down's is so extreme I can't help you mate.
    That's not doomsday preaching, that's saying that basing evidence off of an outlier is a dangerous thing to do. Advising people to not push emotion in front of data is "doomsday preaching" in your eyes. Man, that makes all those quotes of yours I provided very, very ironic.

I just realized, it's because you don't actually know what the word "pessimism" means. It's become clear that you are reading shit that I simply never said.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/pessimism

Damn, you are really drowning right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodwolf View Post
    Because you have so far not specified a source for your claims, I calculated the growth rate for you with the data provided from JHU. Here you go:

It is still too early to claim that it stabilized. And yes it will stabilize if the US citizens follow the guidelines they have been provided. That said, a decline of growth rate doesn't mean your health care system wont suffer immensely. A collapse of the health care system will result in even more deaths not related to Covid-19. And the US health care is especially prone to that.
    Yes I couldn't find a specific US graph in worldofmeters. As you can see in the graph growth rate is slowing. That is my point. Again I have to emphasize and cover my arse and emphasize that I have never said the disease is gone. Because vile bastards here always insinuate that I ever did say that. It's all black and white for them. SUPPORT OUR DOOMSDAY OUTLOOK OR YOU'RE A TRUMPSTER MUAHHAHA

Ahah. Very timely. As this just came across the live CNN coronavirus feed:

Like, he could be talking directly to @lockybalboa here. Priceless.
    I mean I literally gave him a graph to see the growthrate since he stated there is no singular graph. Nobody is saying that the world will end. We are all just implying that the efforts to contain this shit are worth the downsides. Saying that it is blown outta proportion and that the flu would be worse is the reason why the US has so many cases.

When was this?

I've seen a ton of people claim they had it in October and November, but there's so far no evidence of it.
    First week of Feb is when I got sick so I would have been infected a couple weeks prior and my in-laws were super sick weeks before that with the same thing and all the symptoms so that is putting it the beginning of January when the first person in the house would have been infected, and I was still recovering from surgery and it hit me harder than anything I have ever had.

Yes I couldn't find a specific US graph in worldofmeters. As you can see in the graph growth rate is slowing. That is my point. Again I have to emphasize and cover my arse and emphasize that I have never said the disease is gone. Because vile bastards here always insinuate that I ever did say that. It's all black and white for them. SUPPORT OUR DOOMSDAY OUTLOOK OR YOU'RE A TRUMPSTER MUAHHAHA
    Your last sentence proves my point for me, thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    First week of Feb is when I got sick so I would have been infected a couple weeks prior and my in-laws were super sick weeks before that with the same thing and all the symptoms so that is putting it the beginning of January when the first person in the house would have been infected, and I was still recovering from surgery and it hit me harder than anything I have ever had.
    I mean, I guess there's a chance. I know people who got knocked the hell down with pneumonia and bronchitis this winter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow now you're hinting I have some political agenda LMAO.
    Wow, that's a ridiculous stretch, and obviously false. Keep swinging, there, locky.

So you're saying I'm to be name-called for being optimistic with recent decline in the growth factor?
    No, I said you're name calling because you're objectively name-calling.

I didn't start it you know?
    You stated your blind, ridiculous optimism as if it were truth ("Fuck yeah!The virus is slowly dying down already."), immediately followed with a preemptive name-call against anybody who dared call out your false claim for what it is ("The doom preachers are gonna boohoo themselves to sleep woot").

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

When was this?

- - - Updated - - -

That's not doomsday preaching, that's saying that basing evidence off of an outlier is a dangerous thing to do. Advising people to not push emotion in front of data is "doomsday preaching" in your eyes. Man, that makes all those quotes of yours I provided very, very ironic.

I just realized, it's because you don't actually know what the word "pessimism" means. It's become clear that you are reading shit that I simply never said.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/pessimism

Damn, you are really drowning right now.
    Who's drowning here?Aren't you nitpicking when you used a pathetic 500 decline case to illustrate against my 7k decline example? And don't get me fucking started on that global warming BS. If this isn't BS pessimism I don't know what is. You are arguing for the sake of it to save face. And i've never did say that the whole thing is "over" as you hinted. Keep covering your BS.

https://www.oxfordlearnersdictionari...lish/pessimism

here's a more accurate definition. You ignore the positives and used fucking global warming to bullshit yourway through to shoot down my claim. If this isn't pessimism I don't know what is.

I never said that you're a Trumpster. But how can a mathematically educated individual state that this is proof of a certain decline of growth rate and henceforth of the impact on society? I mean ofc it is slowing, the measures have to result in sth.. A growthrate of 14% where we are right now is still huge if the base number is high, and that IS the case in the US. even if the growth rate declines let' say 0,5% each day and stabilizes at 7% you will be at 750k cases in 14 days.

Wow, that's a ridiculous stretch, and obviously false. Keep swinging, there, locky.

No, I said you're name calling because you're objectively name-calling.

You stated your blind, ridiculous optimism as if it were truth ("Fuck yeah!The virus is slowly dying down already."), immediately followed with a preemptive name-call against anybody who dared call out your false claim for what it is ("The doom preachers are gonna boohoo themselves to sleep woot").
    Ok first, you used that politician quote to hint that i have an political agenda. I'm not dense I see what you're saying. And I don't want to repeat on the slowly dying down part. I've already used figures and graphs to illustrate why i think it is slowing down. Again you bastards please stop saying that I said that the whole thing is over. And what about the "doom-preacher" thingy? I'm really curious about aht Are you saying when I've said that i am targetting anyone in particular in this thread?So pray tell me who have I wounded?

Who's drowning here?Aren't you nitpicking when you used a pathetic 500 decline case to illustrate against my 7k decline example? And don't get me fucking started on that global warming BS. If this isn't BS pessimism I don't know what is. You are arguing for the sake of it to save face. And i've never did say that the whole thing is "over" as you hinted. Keep covering your BS.

https://www.oxfordlearnersdictionari...lish/pessimism

here's a more accurate definition. You ignore the positives and used fucking global warming to bullshit yourway through to shoot down my claim. If this isn't pessimism I don't know what is.
    I was literally cautioning that the decline may be an outlier (it went back up the next day). You literally tried to preemptively call anyone who questioned you a doomsday preacher.

So, if you claim I'm being a pessimist, then where's the quotes? If you claim I'm a doomsday preacher, where's the quote? It's adorable that you think that supporting science and statistical analysis is being a doomsday preacher.

When did I ignore the positives? I literally highlighted multiple days of it, and you got pissed. Hell, you literally did what you accuse me of doing... in this fucking comment. You complained that I pointed to a day when numbers declined.

Holy shit, that was a sweet self own on your part. The bolded portion shows you lost... again.

10+ Year Old Account
    You are saying the exact same shit in the political thread:
    *post*
    *post*
    *post*
    *post*
    *post*
    *post*
    Wow... That... certainly looks like an agenda to me.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Ok first, you used that politician quote to hint that i have an political agenda. I'm not dense I see what you're saying. And I don't want to repeat on the slowly dying down part. I've already used figures and graphs to illustrate why i think it is slowing down. Again you bastards please stop saying that I said that the whole thing is over. And what about the "doom-preacher" thingy? I'm really curious about aht Are you saying when I've said that i am targetting anyone in particular in this thread?So pray tell me who have I wounded?
    You really shouldn't name-call so damn much.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow... That... certainly looks like an agenda to me.
    I'll admit, I also have an agenda... adherence to science and statistical analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodwolf View Post
    I never said that you're a Trumpster. But how can a mathematically educated individual state that this is proof of a certain decline of growth rate and henceforth of the impact on society? I mean ofc it is slowing, the measures have to result in sth.. A growthrate of 14% where we are right now is still huge if the base number is high, and that IS the case in the US. even if the growth rate declines let' say 0,5% each day and stabilizes at 7% you will be at 750k cases in 14 days.
    It shows signs of stabilization and declining in recent days. Anything wrong with that? At least it shows that measures have worked to an extent and things are under control to a certain degree. Am i wrong to feel optimism based on that? I'm not saying it will vanish soon. It will take some time ofc.