Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    I-is that really the hill you want to die on? Alongside, President "inject Clorox into your veins"?

I mean.

If you want.
    I died for a good cause At least we all agree on Donald Trump. A justifiable sacrifice

Quote Originally Posted by Tuor View Post
    Foda-se

On-topic:
    Today my country just came over 1000 deaths, 1007 to be precise, +18 more then yeastherday. The number of new daily cases also came down.
    And you still live in there?

Which country is that? only US has more than 1000 deaths.

Quote Originally Posted by Cidzor View Post
    As someone who lives in Georgia (a state that took a while to lock anything down in the first place and has been aggressive about re-opening things as quickly as possible), I'm a little worried. But there's not much I can do about it except continue to be careful myself and see what happens.
    Yeah, Texas here. Pretty much the same thing. Basically the only restriction is restaurants are like 50% capacity or something like that limit.

Thankfully my job is just letting us work remotely for 2 more weeks minimal because we actually had a small outbreak at one of our offices. Kind of scared them. So I will have at least 2 more weeks to see if this thing is going to end up a disaster or not.

Guess all we can do is try to stay safe and hope for the best. The solution to just about everything these days. Hope. Because nothing is bothering to really save you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Remember when everyone called my stupid, dumb and a conspiracy theorist when i posted that video saying Corona may have come from a lab (not fabricated but leaked)?

So today i see on the news Donald Trump saying exactly what i said.

This is my "GOTCHA MOMENT"

Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

Take that Eat your own words.
    are you seriously taking donald trump seriously?! at least now your posts make more sense.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    Anyone have any thoughts on how bad the spike is going to be now that about half the states have hit the "everything back to normal minus only half the people in restaurants" thing has gone into effect?
    No one knows. Considering that rural areas of the US already have a fairly high number of infected people who can spread the virus around, it might be not very good.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/co...VkD?li=BBnb7Kz

Title: Coronavirus outbreak spreading farther into rural America

Excerpts:

A new analysis by the Brookings Institute demographer William Frey shows the virus spreading to new areas in almost every state in the country. But its spread is now more concentrated in smaller towns, rural areas and exurban areas that had previously been untouched.
    But that ratio has changed as the virus has spread beyond city borders. In the last week, almost a third of the counties experiencing high prevalence for the first time are rural or smaller communities, while just a quarter are urban cores.

The people living in these counties are 62 percent white, a shift from the end of March when counties with high prevalence were 48 percent white.

Much of the growth in rural areas comes in places where people are forced into higher-density situations. Prisons and meat-packing plants have suffered outbreaks in recent days.
    Hotspots have emerged in places like Kansas, Michigan, Illinois and Indiana, while cases have increased in southern states like Virginia, Florida and Texas.
    On the one hand, Easter ceremonies did not seem to cause the spike I was expecting.

On the other hand, it seems to have gotten the ball rolling, kind of like in volleyball with a player setting up the ball hitting it high into the air.
    The "everything back to normal" policies could very well be the spike, depending upon how many people actually get out and mingle.

In Iowa, the virus first broke out in two epicenters, through a couple that had returned from a cruise in Egypt in an eastern county and in someone who had traveled from Europe through Chicago in a western county. Since then, the virus has marched through smaller counties where meat packing plants are substantial parts of local economies, said Christine Petersen, an epidemiologist at the University of Iowa.
    Meat packing plants have taking a lot of the blame for the spread of the virus through rural communities. I wonder how much truth there is to this. I suspect a fair amount.

"We're starting to see in these small Midwestern counties these bigger outbreaks happening, because they can't social distance and they are required to go to work," Petersen said. "A lot of those packing plants are close to the interstate, because that's a good way to get material goods."
    Political ramifications:

The further spread of the virus into smaller communities also means it is beginning to affect more areas that President Trump won in 2016. Trump won more than two-thirds of the 901 counties that have reached high prevalence status since March 30.

Those Trump counties are most significantly concentrated in southern red states, though there are a substantial number in swing states like Michigan, Pennsylvania, Florida and Texas.
    Overall, this article pretty much mirrors my thoughts. No one knows what will really happen. Even after it happens, it's not clear we will get a good picture of what is going on. What seems to be happening is that as Louisiana gets a handle on the cases started by Mardi Gras, with a much smaller new case rate than in the past, other states find their rates increasing to compensate.

A week or so ago, I predicted 60k deaths by the end of April and 100k by the end of May. The 60k happened, and I stand by my expectation of over 100k by the end of May.
    Last edited by Omega10; 2020-05-01 at 02:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Remember when everyone called my stupid, dumb and a conspiracy theorist when i posted that video saying Corona may have come from a lab (not fabricated but leaked)?

So today i see on the news Donald Trump saying exactly what i said.

This is my "GOTCHA MOMENT"

Take that haters.

Take that Eat your own words.
    Are you sure that's the path you want to go down on?

By the way the cabinet of the director of the intelligence agency speaks out against trump on this, so i guess you're stupid?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post

Somewhere betwin the Atlantic ocean and Europe.

Well I was right that it started spreading around far before the pandemic was announced, it was kind of too late when they did that, this thing was spreading around the world before xmas for sure.

Take that haters.
    This is the greatest thing I've read on here in some time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapemask View Post
    This is the greatest thing I've read on here in some time.
    He sank the boat he was working on just to drown the captain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Foda-se indeed.

This my gotcha moment for @Machismo and @Kallisto

They called me stupid...therefore they are calling donal trump stupid and a conspiracy theorist.
    That some good kek mate. You are right. If anyone called donal trump stupid, then they must be stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post

So do:
    Peru, Portugal, India, Ireland, Russia, Switzerland, Mexico, Sweden, Turkey, Canada, China, the Netherlands, Brazil, Germany, Iran, Belgium, France, Spain, the UK and Italy.

Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    Anyone have any thoughts on how bad the spike is going to be now that about half the states have hit the "everything back to normal minus only half the people in restaurants" thing has gone into effect?
    I don't think we will ever know those states are not testing people they are ranked the lowest in the US so they are planning to hide it.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Industrial heart of the USSR... now torn apart
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    , so in my opinion you give that crowd far too much credit, i mean you tied them with the anti vaxxer crowd so you can't think too highly of them.

Now as for your point this interview is a good one as it gives a more "middle ground" approach but it still speaks of measures and lockdowns.

Yes, a good interview. And, it was past midnight here and I got carried away a bit in my attempt to follow that school of thought My real position on Covid pretty much exactly coincides with Dr. Katz's: certainly we need some measures to control the pandemic, but without crippling the society too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    It's not 2004. People have lives, jobs, families etc

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Well I was right that it started spreading around far before the pandemic was announced, it was kind of too late when they did that, this thing was spreading around the world before xmas for sure.
    No, you weren't right. Stop peddling this conspiracy theory shit.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Industrial heart of the USSR... now torn apart
    Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    This is a fundamentally selfish viewpoint, though; you don't get to make that choice for the other 1%.
    <..>
    You can understand why a viewpoint is common and still admit that it's wrong.
    I'm not advocating the 99% to make the decision for the 1%, I'm also not advocating the 1% to make the decision for the 99%, it would be equally selfish if the sick demanded that in order to postpone their deaths a bit, the rest of the world had to crash and suffer for unknown but substantial period of time. We need a balanced solution where the vulnerable are safe while the healthy are active at the same time.

My government has closed borders, closed schools, stay-at-home for those older than 65 (ended yesterday AFAIK), and mandatory masks in stores, that's all. Still people don't 100% obey the last two. And we have a military dictatorship. I imagine what people think in democracies with stricter measures. It can't last until the vaccine is cheaply mass produced, the 99% will want to live, not be sacrificed for the 1%.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hansworst View Post
    So do:
    Peru, Portugal, India, Ireland, Russia, Switzerland, Mexico, Sweden, Turkey, Canada, China, the Netherlands, Brazil, Germany, Iran, Belgium, France, Spain, the UK and Italy.
    Obviously they thought 1000 deaths per day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    It's not 2004. People have lives, jobs, families etc

10+ Year Old Account
    So the fault on Sweden's hight mortality rate seems to be... Imigrants.
    Well, i must admit, they had to give us a plausable explanation.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/co...alists-britain
    Some failures of the Swedish model have been acknowledged. But they are often linked to the lack of “compliance” of immigrants. Former chief epidemiologist Johan Giesecke explains the failure to protect the elderly in nursing homes with reference to “asylum seekers” and “refugees” on the staff, who “may not always be understanding the information”. This has met with silence, if not approval. It may already have been picked up by the Sweden Democrats, Sweden’s anti-immigration party, who now claim the health of elderly people has been put at risk for the sake of integrating uneducated immigrants.

Foda-se indeed.

This my gotcha moment for @Machismo and @Kallisto

They called me stupid...therefore they are calling donal trump stupid and a conspiracy theorist.
    I think he is not intelligent enough for the position he's in to function properly. Likely is stupid but I have another thought on why he's saying what he is saying at times like the China conspiracy theory.

It's 2020, an election year. He knows his base is watching every time he's out there talking so to mention Chinese labs as a source of the virus is appealing to his crazy base to drum up support for the election. Jingoism will bring their votes in, which is blame the chinese scientists is pretty much part of this.

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    No, you weren't right. Stop peddling this conspiracy theory shit.
    It is statistically improbable it was not here before then in some capacity based on when China announced the virus.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuor View Post
    So the fault on Sweden's hight mortality rate seems to be... Imigrants.
    Well, i must admit, they had to give us a plausable explanation.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/co...alists-britain

Ah, the eternal scapegoats. Immigrants and poor people.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death