Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
... LastLast
  1. #41
    Brewmaster Oakshana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Currently 47°, -122° ... Originally 53°, -9°
    Posts
    1,491
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    And I see him as leader of the Undead. And that is exactly what he is.

    HE can lead the Ebon blade as long as he is neutral, but he is first the leader of the undead. Should the undead choose a faction, the Ebon blade would remain neutral
    He's not the leader of the Undead. He's the being that keeps the mindless undead in check. Before ALL else, that's what he is. He has no ties to the horde, or the forsaken and that's the way it should stay.

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    He's now being nerfed in shadowlands, I'd say he is more on par with other leaders like Malf/Tyrande, Alleria etc, and with Sylvanas now at god like levesl of power and clearly having a different fate, the most awesome move for the forsaken would be leaders of the Undead scourge with a capital in Icecrown Citadel. Bolvar the Lich King their leader, and Calia Menethil, the sub-race leader for a lightforged undead allied race.

    I would actually really like that. I thought Ice crown CItadel was an incredible city, and is perfect for tthe Forskaen to return to a faction level race. Why create or build a new city when Icecrown Citadel fits the bill perfectly? I would prefer it over using the Ruins of THeramore.

    New Capital: Icecrown Citadel
    Second base: Theramore ruins

    SO I would make Theramore ruins the "Echo Isles" of the forsaken. Just like the Dark spears would likely be based in Zuldazar now, I think this is an exciting move for the forsaken, if they do it.
    Do you, do you not remember Calia and how she’s basically calling herself Queen of Lordaeron now? Do you not remember how blizzard have spent most of this expansion (and the pre-expansion book) setting it up.

  3. #43
    Brewmaster Oakshana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Currently 47°, -122° ... Originally 53°, -9°
    Posts
    1,491
    Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    Do you, do you not remember Calia and how she’s basically calling herself Queen of Lordaeron now? Do you not remember how blizzard have spent most of this expansion (and the pre-expansion book) setting it up.
    Not to disagree here, but can you point me to where she is calling herself the Queen of Lordaeron? I do not recall that from any cutscenes.

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    Do you, do you not remember Calia and how she’s basically calling herself Queen of Lordaeron now? Do you not remember how blizzard have spent most of this expansion (and the pre-expansion book) setting it up.
    Are you okay with Calia being forsaken leader, you prefer her to Bolvar?

  5. #45
    Nathanos is the next in line I would say.
    Super Mario Maker 2: Maker ID 8B7-CTF-NMG

    - let's get real everyone, classic needs #somechanges get over it.

  6. #46
    Calia is the only character who makes sense tbh. The forsaken always make themselfs out as the rightful owners of lordaeron so why not use the heir who also can mend the bridge to their relatives

  7. #47
    Mechagnome Phaelia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Quel’Thalas
    Posts
    564
    If it’s not Deathstalker Belmont I don’t want it. I want the forsaken to still be the evil race of the horde. Some of my favorite quest lines are when using blight or being ironic about death and undeath and not being morally obligated to care so much about test subjects. That’s the forsaken I like.
    ”I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me."-Sylvanas Windrunner

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Nathanos is the next in line I would say.
    Nathanos couldn't lead himself out of the bathroom without help from Sylvanas.

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    He's now being nerfed in shadowlands, I'd say he is more on par with other leaders like Malf/Tyrande, Alleria etc, and with Sylvanas now at god like levesl of power and clearly having a different fate, the most awesome move for the forsaken would be leaders of the Undead scourge with a capital in Icecrown Citadel. Bolvar the Lich King their leader, and Calia Menethil, the sub-race leader for a lightforged undead allied race.

    I would actually really like that. I thought Ice crown CItadel was an incredible city, and is perfect for tthe Forskaen to return to a faction level race. Why create or build a new city when Icecrown Citadel fits the bill perfectly? I would prefer it over using the Ruins of THeramore.

    New Capital: Icecrown Citadel
    Second base: Theramore ruins

    SO I would make Theramore ruins the "Echo Isles" of the forsaken. Just like the Dark spears would likely be based in Zuldazar now, I think this is an exciting move for the forsaken, if they do it.
    How can the character whom we had literally no idea or hints in regards to his power, be "nerfed"?
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    How can the character whom we had literally no idea or hints in regards to his power, be "nerfed"?
    Cinematic, when Sylvanas not only beats him, but removes his crown artifact. It's a spoiler if you haven't seen teh shadowlands cinematic

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    Cinematic, when Sylvanas not only beats him, but removes his crown artifact. It's a spoiler if you haven't seen teh shadowlands cinematic
    You miss my point.

    How can he be nerfed when we had no idea what he was capable? Hell he still rules over the Undead as far as we can tell, at least in a similar capacity to how he was. The Death Knights will no doubt still be serving him.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

  12. #52
    Bolvar would never join the Horde.

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Oakshana View Post
    Not to disagree here, but can you point me to where she is calling herself the Queen of Lordaeron? I do not recall that from any cutscenes.
    She hasn’t directly called herself that, hence “basically”. It’s more than underlyingly suggested though - agreeing to help the forsaken and honouring her last name and father i.e. as the sole heir of Lordaeron.

  14. #54
    I'm surprised to see that Lilian Voss doesn't seem to be part of this discussion yet. She may be the less prominent option compared to Bolvar and Calia but she has been a noticeable part of the Horde campaign and she's had her own questline about the forsaken that's continued in 8.3 that seems to imply that she does have her own plans for the future of the forsaken.

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    Nathanos couldn't lead himself out of the bathroom without help from Sylvanas.
    I am biased since that is my name irl.
    Super Mario Maker 2: Maker ID 8B7-CTF-NMG

    - let's get real everyone, classic needs #somechanges get over it.

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    Err i think this boat has sailed.

    It will be Calia. And tbh only players would not be happy with that. The in-game fictional characters would welcome having a ruler that cares about them.
    Except for the fact that:

    - she believes in opposite religion
    - she reminds them of Arthas
    - she works for Alliance
    - she isn't really undead, remember that they don't trust living

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    That goes without saying. The same applies to Kael breaking the fourth wall and lying to the reader in his internal monologues in any book or short story he'll play a part in.
    Of course, after all, he is mastermind.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Frinata View Post
    So you plugging your ears and pretending that lore written by Blizzard doesn't exist is properly written fan fiction?

    ...Congrats that's the most stupid post in this thread so far.

    OT

    I'd like it, personally. Bolvar, ever since Legion, has had a very Forsaken/Scourge attitude about himself. "Do this or I wreck your shit." That is not Bolvar Fordragon speaking. That's the Lich King. He held a gun to the Death Knight's head back in Legion, and no one really talks about that. Any ties to the Alliance, Bolvar gave up when he donned the Crown of Domination. Just because that Crown is now destroyed, doesn't mean he's suddenly going to don the gold and blue, and stand next to Anduin again. He's done far too much. If he tried that, the Ebon Blade would blow the whistle and demand justice.

    No, Bolvar, if he WERE to join a faction, makes sense to join the Forsaken.
    Wouldn't he prefer to join his daughter?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenai View Post
    I'm surprised to see that Lilian Voss doesn't seem to be part of this discussion yet. She may be the less prominent option compared to Bolvar and Calia but she has been a noticeable part of the Horde campaign and she's had her own questline about the forsaken that's continued in 8.3 that seems to imply that she does have her own plans for the future of the forsaken.
    She will be Calia's advisor. That's how it looks like.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Nathanos is the next in line I would say.
    Unluckily, with removal of Sylvanas, any good Forsaken go away too.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

  17. #57
    He's the DK leader though, I feel like that's where he fits. The forsaken should be lead by a forsaken. Still want Voss.

    As well as I know him from Legion, he's only a few steps above the old Lich King morality wise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daevelian View Post
    So this is how far the Lore forum has fallen? Eesh.
    I take it back, BfA is not the lowest the games lore could have gone, this thread proves that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    And just like the thread before it, let's back away from sexualizing Azshara and return to the original topic at hand.

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Bolvar is too far outside Horde and Alliance to lead them. He serves a higher purpose.
    his only purpose was o keep the scourge in check, with the helm gone he is just another "DK" but he would probably fight for alliance before horde since he still has all his old memories.

  19. #59
    Maybe this was already answered, but....

    Did Bolvar ever actually die? Is he even technically "undead"? I know the red dragon flame did a number on him, and then Arthas tortured him as well, but did we ever get actually confirmation of how that exactly went down, like in a novel or something?

    Anyway, I imagine between Bolvar and Calia, the forsaken are pretty well covered for leaders. Actually....Now that I think about it....



    Mods gimme a pass this time for gifs plz? ;D

  20. #60
    Sylvannas would leave Nathanos in charge if she goes MIA. The val'kyr already listen to him and they're kind of necessary to make 'traditional' Forsaken. Bolvar probably powerless without helm or sword. Lilian will probably fill the role of champion Nathanos used to play. Bolvar will probably still rep Death Knights. Calia will probably lead some variant of Lightforged.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •