Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Why is no one talking about the completely broken Auction House?

So since last Wednesday more often than not the gold from sold Auctions on the auction house simply disappears, never appearing in the mail box of the character that sold the items.

This is affecting a lot of people on every realm, yet no one is talking about it here or on reddit?

This is a completely game breaking bug that Blizzard was not able to fix yet. Essentially the AH is not usable right now. Does this not bother anyone else?! I find it completely unacceptable by Blizzard and this is absolutely something that should have been discovered / fixed on the PTR. Yet, it has not been.

Just curious why there aren't 100 threads about this. People must not really care about the AH or just simply don't notice hundreds of thousand of gold missing from their auctions..

I'm guessing it's because Blizzard has already made their statement about it?

There's literally no reason to make posts about something when Blizzard has already acknowledged the problem and ensured everyone that all their mail will get to them in a few days. I imagine most people really don't care about a bit of gold being stuck in the mail for an extra week, it makes virtually no difference.

Because they said they'll fix it and the money will come soon. Why must you complain about the slightest of inconveniences?
    I am a Flamingo

10+ Year Old Account
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    We’d like to clarify that nothing has been lost as a result of this issue. This is an issue with mail delivery, and we’re working to fix it. We currently expect that the fix is going to take a few days.

During that time, the mail you can’t see is not subject to 30 days expiry. It will only begin counting down from 30 days once we’ve fixed it so that you can see it and interact with it in your inbox.

Blizzard has acknowledged the problem, they say they are working on it. What EXACTLY are dozens or hundreds of threads on a fan site going to do? Blizzard doesn't come here looking for things to 'fix'... they have their own forums for that...

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post

There's literally no reason to make posts about something when Blizzard has already acknowledged the problem and ensured everyone that all their mail will get to them in a few days. I imagine most people really don't care about a bit of gold being stuck in the mail for an extra week, it makes virtually no difference.
    Yes, they have acknowledged it, yet they have done absolutely NOTHING about it yet. Isn't anyone else suspicious? This should be a very easy problem to fix, yet Blizzard has no clue what to do apparently, otherwise they would have done it already.

Are you really going to believe them that everyone is getting their gold back? I wouldn't, for sure. It's been almost a week and the problem still persists.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I've personally had no issues with the AH, and I like the new UI and functionality when it comes to purchasing (which is mostly what I do). There's an acknowledged bug with it that will be fixed shortly, so other than that nothing much to report.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    This doesn't stop idiots from making posts about things blizzard has replied to because these guys don't do research before posting.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jainzar View Post
    So since last Wednesday more often than not the gold from sold Auctions on the auction house simply disappears, never appearing in the mail box of the character that sold the items.

This is affecting a lot of people on every realm, yet no one is talking about it here or on reddit?

This is a completely game breaking bug that Blizzard was not able to fix yet. Essentially the AH is not usable right now. Does this not bother anyone else?! I find it completely unacceptable by Blizzard and this is absolutely something that should have been discovered / fixed on the PTR. Yet, it has not been.

Just curious why there aren't 100 threads about this. People must not really care about the AH or just simply don't notice hundreds of thousand of gold missing from their auctions..
    Blizzard said they're aware, no need to talk about it. Also you need to learn what game breaking means. You can still play the game, therefore it's obviously not broken, right?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LupinRaedwulf View Post
    This doesn't stop idiots from making posts about things blizzard has replied to because these guys don't do research before posting.
    Also even if they did know about it (as OP's recent post shows he knew about it), some people just like to complain.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    I'm just super lazy - I know a lot of people are affected, but most still have millions of gold so this new missing gold is just a small drop in the bucket.

It's a real issue, but thankfully Blizz said at least that they would handle it - I trust them

Because blizzard has already answered this... you haven't lost your items, the mail is jsut very slow from the AH. They'll fix the bug.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, they have acknowledged it, yet they have done absolutely NOTHING about it yet. Isn't anyone else suspicious? This should be a very easy problem to fix, yet Blizzard has no clue what to do apparently, otherwise they would have done it already.

Are you really going to believe them that everyone is getting their gold back? I wouldn't, for sure. It's been almost a week and the problem still persists.
    You should boycott... you should start immediately... start today, dont delay.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    Because blizzard has already answered this... you haven't lost your items, the mail is jsut very slow from the AH. They'll fix the bug.
    Very slow is not "takes a week to arrive". As far as a lot of people are concerned, their gold is gone forever, because Blizzard has not been able to fix the problem. So yes, I have lost my items and gold, up until that moment Blizzard fixes the problem. Which they have not.

You're literally clueless. You have absolutely no idea what's causing the problem, so you have absolutely no idea how easy or difficult it would be to fix.

There's no reason to think that they'd lie to us about something like this, considering if they lie about everyone getting their gold and we don't it would be a much bigger shitstorm than if they just disabled the AH for a few days or something.

Out of curiosity, do you believe in other completely ridiculous, unfounded, and idiotic conspiracy theories too?

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty sure Blizzard has like one dude working on classic

Give the guy a chance

Probably because people aren't broke. If you have even a small amount like 100k gold and sell auctions for 10k, 20k a day, doesn't really matter if you receive the gold now or next week, as long as you know you'll receive and will get fixed.

Bugs happen .. always have and always will.

And as far as finding everything on PTR or test environments, haha, that's not how software engineering works.

Because I don't care in the slightest.
    I have had auctions up for months and they never sold.
    At this point, I would probably be happy if Blizzard just deleted them for me.
    Would save me the trouble.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

I honestly haven't even noticed a problem. I still seem to be getting money for the things I sell, but if any have slipped through the cracks and not been delivered, it's fallen past my notice.

I list too much stuff to scrutinize every last item, but to the best of my knowledge, I've been getting all my payouts. If I'm wrong and I get a big mail full of lost money down the road... hey, free windfall!

No so take off your tin foil hat.

If you dig hard enough, the reason it took so long to update the AH in the first place is because whenever they do anything to the AH, it breaks the entire game. Blizz have said this over the years, they did it, it happened, they are working on fixing it.

If you think the problem is so easy to fix, then get hired at blizz and do it yourself or provide them with the solution to do it themselves. Everyone always says "this should be so easy to fix" but you LITERALLY have ZERO idea. Programing takes time, patience, and has to be tested to make sure it actually works.
    Intel i9 9900K @ 5GHz | Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 @ 3600MHz 2x8GB | Asus Maximus XI Z390 | Asus RTX 3080 Ti OC | Corsair HX850 Platinum | Corsair H150i Pro CPU cooler | Acer Predator 32" 2560x1440 170MHz | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB m.2 NVMe SSD | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB m.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair K70 Rapidfire Keyboard | Corsair Virtuoso XT RGB Headphones | Corsair Crystal Series 570x RGB Case | Logitech G604 | Windows 11 Professional x64
    My Youtube Channel

...This should be a very easy problem to fix...
    This coming from someone who doesn't know anything about how programming works is always entertaining.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.