Poll: Rate: World of Warcraft: BATTLE FOR AZEROTH

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 10 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    3+ Year Old Account
    The Burning of Teldrassil was some of the most fun I’ve had since the Battle For the Undercity, and the Undercity Bat mount was an awesome quest reward. 10/10, would burn the tree again.

I loved Drustvar, liked the Valley, didn’t care for Tired-of-This-Shit Sound. Vol’dun was okay, Nazmir was nifty but dragged on near the end of its questing, and I didn’t care much for the final zone. Meca and Naz bored me and I’ve done virtually nothing in those zones; still haven’t even unlocked Flying.

Absolutely tired of Sylvie and anything to do with her. She was awesome years ago but has become wearisome. The rest of the content was mediocre at best, so I vote “a mediocre” expansion.
    Don’t ask me to explain my idiocy; I’m in my early 40’s and still don’t understand it myself.

despite having more content than wod this was still the worst shit ever, im sorry devs, no matter how good music and art is, as long as the gameplay is shite then the game is shite

Personally I don't think it's fair to rip on WoD as much as we do. It had high highs (levelling and raids) and low lows (garrisons and Ashran) but it at least had strong points.

I don't think BFA had any systems that really did great in this expansion, while it had many many misses. The only thing BFA really knocks out of the park is the production value of the story content; the story itself isn't actually particularly good, it's just produced well.

As far as a general review of BFA goes... It's poor. It has one good system in Allied Races and many duds in Island Expeditions, Warfronts, Mission Table and Azerite Power/traits. The story is poorly constructed on an elemental level.

I guess it's better than Rise of Skywalker/10.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

For me personally, the only expansion worse than this one is WoD. Rehashed faction war, azerite system is horrid, extremely alt unfriendly, mediocre story, etc. Just pretty awful all around. Once I run through the raid once and try a couple 5 mask runs, I'm unsubbing until next expansion.

I think we finally got good contender to dethrone WoD in most dosgshit x-pack competition.

I'm surprised no one seems to remember all the massive amounts of "Legion is the worst expansion ever" whine at the start of 7.3. Somehow it ended up as one of the better expansions a year later.

I think BfA has been okay and that you "all" are a lot of negative nancies. It hasn't been a 10/10 hit but not nearly as bad as some of you say. Not to mention that you probably couldn't tell a good story from a bad since you'd lose attention and press escape before it even had time to develop in to an actual story anyway.

except the story telling it was shit, mediocre raids, weird plot armor, shit PVP scaling, couldn't care less. I did enjoy WOD I didnt enjoy BFA and that final cinematic fucking christ

Quote Originally Posted by Arainie View Post
    I'm surprised no one seems to remember all the massive amounts of "Legion is the worst expansion ever" whine at the start of 7.3. Somehow it ended up as one of the better expansions a year later.

I think BfA has been okay and that you "all" are a lot of negative nancies. It hasn't been a 10/10 hit but not nearly as bad as some of you say. Not to mention that you probably couldn't tell a good story from a bad since you'd lose attention and press escape before it even had time to develop in to an actual story anyway.
    This comment is like reading a horoscope. Tries so hard yet says so little.

Islands - I like them but only after they started adding in real stuff to obtain like the albatross mount and fixing the dubloon drop rate. Still doing them for the gold even when I'm AP capped, which is good.
    World Quests - Not bad. Pretty quick work.
    Raids - Only did LFR. Not steamrolling stuff and making mechanics matter is pretty cool early on but when it's late into the patch, it makes LFR cancer.
    PvP - Turned off war mode at lvl 113 and never turned back.
    Warfronts were fun. Too bad rewards didn't scale so I stopped doing them when I got my mounts and heirlooms and ilvl 400 gear from LFR.
    Professions took a back seat in BfA. Only bothered to max engineering on my main and I only just got level 3 platinum mining last week, well over a year after the release. Didn't even bother maxing out herbalism on my alt.

4 out of 10.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    This comment is like reading a horoscope. Tries so hard yet says so little.
    Did I lose your attention in the second sentence?
    Would be kind of hilarious

Quote Originally Posted by Arainie View Post
    Did I lose your attention in the second sentence?
    Would be kind of hilarious
    Well I know you probably don't know what a horoscope is or what I meant by it. It's fine.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Better then WoD but not by much
    Atleast we didn’t have another “cause drenor is free” moment from a guy who ordered the genocide of multiple sentient races
    Last edited by Rustedsaint; 2020-01-22 at 07:45 AM.

Was expecting way more from the expansion.

MoP>WOTLK>>>>Legion>>>>>Cata>>>>>>>WOD>>>>>TBC>>BFA

10+ Year Old Account
    Overall really bad Expansion with terrible Design decisions. IF Bfa would start with essence system and 8.2 approach and move on from at start of the expac then it could be miles better, BUT it took half of the expac to make things somehow "right" (not quite tbf) due to blizzard ignoring alpha/beta feedback. Not to mention entire traits balance fiasco at the start of expac.

Overall i can feel huge quality drop in blizzard in terms of WoW.

I enjoyed my tries to get aotc in all raid tiers. I am not mythic raider (I wish I could be one). I enjoyed pushing +13 keys as dps. Cannot do more because of time restrictions, job and wife.

but I found;
    1- the randomness of azerite traits
    2- azsharas presentation ( she has been the villain since classic and this is her end? we just let her go?)
    3- nzoths ending
    4- PVP
    5- and most importantly, inconsistent, terrible writing

horrendous. especially number 5 is a wreck. How can a NE warden can suddenly twist and shout "we are the harbingers of death!" wth?
    What happened to Lilian? she turned into such a cute girl? Rexxar? His logic? Baine? wth? Saurfang? I get it, he is sad etc, but dude you devised that plan yourself.
    And sylvannas 4D chest. why the fuck burn the tree? why would you do that? How come Saurfang let that happen? He should have cleaved Sylvannas right there.
    Nathanos saying "my love".... man I am gonna puke. And we are left with a huge fucking question mark with sylvannas. I followed sylvannas till the end and didnt remove the eye of nzoth too. And what? Will I gain her favor in shadowlands? what about nzoth? what is going to happen to me? a big fucking nothing i guess.

Thank god rokhan and talanji were written good same with gallyvix. Sorry to say but these 3 are the only ones left with a proper character writing.

I'd play WoD over this mess any day of the week. In fact, I played WoD every single day of the week, even throughout all of HFC, on like 10 characters, and I was fucking enjoying myself. BFA shoulda been dropped like WoD about a year ago - instead we get this absolute joke of an expansion.

This is the first expansion that made me stop playing the game in 15 years, no other expansion has ever managed that before. It's not because my life has changed, it's not because I as a person have changed, it's not because my interests have changed, it's because this is absolute worst the game has ever been.

I used to preorder everything Blizzard the second it was announced. Going forward, unless the Shadowlands beta is absolutely blowing it out of the park, and by that I mean truly making me jizz my nose, this expansion has marked the end of WoW for me, probably Blizzard as a whole - they're just not making good games anymore.

Definitely not among the worst and I wouldn't even say it's bad except for some parts of it like the extreme rng and the story mess.

For me at least, Cata, MoP and WoD are all below it. BFA on the othet hand is below the rest (except for vanilla/classic but that doesnt count)

All I can say is that I am glad I quit after the first month. Nothing managed to pull me back into it...

No regrets. :-/
    "There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning." by Jiddu Krishnamurti, Philosopher and Educator

I like it for a while, but it got sour. Its not the worst, WOD wins that by miiiiiiiiiiiiiles.

BFA got alot of content, it just lack depth or interesting gameplay. Most of it seems shallow and transparent, we do stuff on repeat even though its ment to be different".

I find it funny how many people here who forgot just how bad WOD were. It was pretty horrendous.