Poll: Rate: World of Warcraft: BATTLE FOR AZEROTH

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    The worst expansion:

Story - Sylvanas masturbation; every plot line was a massive let down: Tyrande and her revenge, Jaina's "Beware of me LUL", Bwonsamdi involvement didnt mean anything beyond two raids. Saurfang got his death though, Baine got his place in Stormind. There is no promised faction WAR.

Features - massive niche stuff and mostly failure: Warfronts - failure, Expeditions - Failure and niche entertainment; Azerite Armor/HoA/Essences/Corruption gear are pile of shit on top of pile of shit. This should have been introduced on 8.0 and not on 8.2.

PVE - just average. Like, why the hell do you make LFR mechanics in every raid harder than Normal or even Heroic? Dungeons are mostly mediocre and designed way worse than Legion dungeons. The WQ and quest chains are mostly boring and tedious and sometime feels like full time job.

PVP - ??? its just there. WarMode failed spectacularly.

Classes mostly are oversimplified and revolve around two-buttons mechanics. Also GCD. Its huge letdown after Legion.

3/10 add-on. It has nice starting experience in terms of leveling, but thats pretty much it. Classes flaws ultimately couldnt compensate the bad content so yeah, it was very mediocre gameplay experience all around.

And guess what - it could have been passable if there was alt-friendliness. There was big middle finger instead.
    Last edited by Harbour; 2020-01-21 at 11:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    Honestly, I think it was a mediocre expansion. Not good, not bad.
    You voted 'Good'

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    It's a 3.5/10 for me I guess ¯\_ (ツ)_/¯
    A 3.5/10 equates to a 'Good' expansion in your ranking system?
    Last edited by jstnw89; 2020-01-21 at 11:13 PM.
    Una melodía tocada por las cuerdas de nuestras almas,
    y el ritmo que nos sacudió hasta el hueso

ITT: People seeking ego fellating over their perceived reasons why BfA sucked.

OT: Better than Legion, worse than most of everything else. A solid 7/10.

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    The results of this survey are extremely predictable. Ask the same again in two years. Everything will change. Exactly like WoD.
    Uh, pretty sure that any mention of any expansion being worse than WoD would usually get met with immense argument haha. I don't know what you're talking about. At this point though, BfA is such a terrible letdown that everyone is probably only debating between these two as 'the worst'. Guess I'm going to have to put up a bit of a list to decide myself.

BfA: Good raids, bad pvp, TERRIBLE class design that got better as the expansion went on but still far from good for many. Overall content was fill a bar hopefully before you die from boredom. Unrewarding overall too.
    WoD: Good raids, bad pvp, class design was fine. Lack of raid tier kind of hurts it relative to BfA. Overall content was stand in your garrison and play your facebook game. Garrisons were actually TOO rewarding to the point Blizz moved away from them.

Honestly, although the lack of a raid tier hurts WoD, I'm still going to have to give the award for *Worst Expansion Ever* to BfA. It ended up close in my mind even though I was super down on BfA because I value class design a ton (and am actually having some fun w/ my aff lock atm) but holy shit BfA is so poor. Ah well, Blizz couldn't care less because they're chasing those Chinabucks and whales.

As much as i hate BFA, i cannot vote "worst" after having played Cataclysm and WoD with an honest face. While Cataclysm featured some of my favourite raids+zones ever in this game...it also featured many months of no content and a really shitty end-raid that lasted for an eternity. WoD also only has Shadowmoon-Valley and some great cinematics on the positive side for me.

I would still say that BFA was not better than those, despite Blizzard investing so mkuch more in new systems and zones and more HD prerendered cinematics than ever before. If i was not interested in playing WoW but watching a 20min Saurfang-Movie instead, BFA would have been awesome.

I understand why they started the expansion the way they did....they wanted to stir players up with the destruction of Teldrassil (and to a far lesser degree Undercity, simply because it was not the Alliance that destroyed it) - but for me this will always be the reason this expansion immediattely had no chance. It simply felt pointless to go on playing for the story after your race has been exterminated from the game. My Character would have NEVER abandoned her home to go and helkp Jaina win the hearts of some fat humans while her home is on fire. So the entire expansion story felt unbelieveable..forced...unrelateable. If Blizzard wanted me to get more invested in the story by burning my home....i can tell them: It dd not work. It just pushed me further away from a story that had many flaws over the years before.

The "faction war" that followed those two destroyed cities was laughable. The intentions of everybody on the Horde side except Sylvanas+Nathanos were forced and unbelieveable, with Rexxar and Voss being the worst of them all. The Horde as the "not-too-guilty villain" was a bad cast....the Alliance as the "totally worthless victim" was better...but nobody wants to play that.

As for the rest....i can agree with most of what the OP says. I do not think Blizzard invested too little into this expansion - i just think they invested into the totally wrong things. At least for me.

I actually like the Story and Art of 8.3....it's just a pitty that the patch is really quite lacking in content and many players will desert it weeks from now whenBlizzard has nothing else to offer for ~8 months. So there is no doubt this will go down as one of the worst expansion gaps in the lifetime of the game.

I do not agree with anybody blaming Activision for BFA. It was the Blizzard Dev team that decided to go for a full-out-faction split despite KNOWING they cannot offer two expansions worth of content (which they need to do if they go the BFA route). It was the developers who decided it would be a great idea to tell this story, even though no NPC on the Horde side except Sylvanas+Nathanos really fit into it. It was the Blizzard Dev teamthat though Warfronts+Island Expeditions would be great content. It was the Blizzard Dev team that dcided that a gearing system where you farm the exact same items from the exact same sources every patch for exactly the same bonuses is far better than a Tier set.

No, it was the Blizzard Dev team that screwed this one up. There is nobody else to blame for it.

Quote Originally Posted by George Costanza View Post
    nah

Heelvsbabyface praises 20 bucks emotes on the ff14 store but shit talks mounts on the wow store.
    Activision BAD, Squaresoft GOOD!

It was better than WoD, and that's the only positive side of this xpac. Story was complete garbage, gameplay was mediocre, nothing really new and exciting was added - like achievements/heroic dungeons/new class/questing system etc. Legion alone was miles better, not saying about such giants as TBC and WotLK.
    I rate it as 3/10 - and it is a compliment. No way I will (pre) order Shadowlands.

5+ Year Old Account
    Wasn't one of the better expansions, but also not the worst.

1.Classic
    2.Mists of Pandaria
    3.Burning Crusade
    4.Legion
    5.Wrath of the Lich King
    6.Battle for Azeroth
    7.Cataclysm
    8.Warlords of Draenor

Quote Originally Posted by Hugnomo View Post
    Everyone still thinks WoD sucked. Leveling was praised back then, and it still is now, but the rest has always been seen as crap.
    Oh there are people who now say WoD was a good expansion. Nostalgia hits everyone.

BfA is the first expansion I've actually not missed playing after taking a break (for some IRL reasons), and never bothered to return to (thanks Classic). Every other expansion, if I've had to take a months break or so, I've felt bad or missed it. Not this shitshow.

8.3 looks pretty decent, but I am so far behind there just doesn't seem like a reason to even log in anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

10+ Year Old Account
    The results of this survey are extremely predictable. Ask the same again in two years. Everything will change. Exactly like WoD.
    LOL, no! WoD still sucks (and is worse than BfA) stanky schweddy donkey balls.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    Worst fucking expansion ever put out. Everything about it was shit except for art and music
    nah wod is still worse.
    but it may be a second for me, need abit for it to set in.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Usagi Senshi View Post
    LOL, no! WoD still sucks (and is worse than BfA) stanky schweddy donkey balls.
    nah you have people all over the place defending wod now.
    look at my qoutes, we got people making entire threads that wod aint that bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Noxina View Post
    Oh there are people who now say WoD was a good expansion. Nostalgia hits everyone.

BfA is the first expansion I've actually not missed playing after taking a break (for some IRL reasons), and never bothered to return to (thanks Classic). Every other expansion, if I've had to take a months break or so, I've felt bad or missed it. Not this shitshow.

8.3 looks pretty decent, but I am so far behind there just doesn't seem like a reason to even log in anymore.
    Hey, get this: I thought WoW was a good expansion when it was current and I still think it's a good expansion today. It's almost like I'm able to construe my own opinions and I don't need some idiotic circlejerk to validate me.

Quote Originally Posted by George Lucas View Post
    Wasn't one of the better expansions, but also not the worst.

1.Classic
    2.Mists of Pandaria
    3.Burning Crusade
    4.Legion
    5.Wrath of the Lich King
    6.Battle for Azeroth
    7.Cataclysm
    8.Warlords of Draenor
    classic isnt an expansion.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

7+ Year Old Account
    Without a doubt worse than Warlords of Draenor and Legion, thats for sure, At least in Wod you had decent pvp and decent gearing, this expansion is just asinine

Lore of bfa is garbage, the execution was garbage, pvp is garbage, the pvp gearing is garbage, the class design is the worst since vanilla, the rng and the grind is stupid and over the top.

the only "good things" bfa had are the allied races, some cool models of armor/weapons/mounts and the soundtrack, the rest you can put in a dumpster and set on fire

Offer me vanilla icecream (WoD) after chocolate (WotLK), strawberry (MoP), even lemon (Cata). I will say ugh, vanilla icecream no thanks. But then offer me shit icecream (BfA). I will definetly take vanilla over shit. "There's always worse". Hopefully there's no worse than BfA.

It lacked focus. Story was a mess, mechanics in 8.0 were all either from legion or terrible.

And then it got 3 decent raids, one cool new feature (visions), one interesting patch Island (mecha) and a bunch of fixes to the terrible progression systems from both legion and 8.0.

So I guess I can do up to mediocre. Better than wod and possibly Cata. Not as good as the good ones.

I wouldn't blame anyone for counting it as the worst one though.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

10+ Year Old Account
    Very very mediocre. I could name just as much good about it as bad. It's very WoD levels with how rushed this last patch feels. Although I actually enjoyed everything up to 8.2. And I feel this expansion is no where near as bad as WoD, I still stand by that, but its certinally close to it.

8.3 just isnt doing it for me.

overall I would rate this expansion as mediocre.

the start was a hot mess which only turned messier until the second major content patch that introduced things that should have been there form the get go,

the breaks between patches were far to long for the amount of content to keep ourselves occupied with,

the leveling zones, artwork and music were fantastic that I happily admit(drustvar is one of my favorite zones in the entire game)

the raids were decent but the story lines for a few of them were iffy.

the faction war has so much potential, and it ended like that... less said the better

Allied races were a hit, even though some were obviously much more popular and thought out than their opposite.

classes feel weird at best, some went into bfa bad and somehow came out worse. (blizz did not handle losing artifact weapons well)

This was not the worse expansion of them all, that title still belongs to WoD, but it's closer than it should have been.

In 3 or so months when beta news starts to trickle in lets cross our fingers that we see something incredible.

Worst expac of all. Even the clips are bad at end, at start they were much better.

The world content is the worst they ever did, while i was really wondering they can even do worse than the bad world quests we got in early BFA.

The devs need to become much better with the world gameplay.

Blaming activision will not help them.

5+ Year Old Account
    the only reason this doesn't snag the worst of all time is because WoD exists. WoD and BFA will go down in history as complete stains in WoW's legacy. I really wanted BFA to work too...