Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Post Gunman kills six people in rare mass-shooting in Germany

Source

Six people have been killed and several were injured in a shooting in the southwestern German town of Rot am See, police said Friday.

A suspect was arrested shortly after the shooting, which took place at 12:45 p.m. (6:45 a.m. Eastern) Friday near the town's train station, police said. They said no further suspects are believed to be at large.

"According to my information, there were six dead and several injured," Aalen police spokesman Rudolf Biehlmaier told German broadcaster n-tv.

"We are working on the assumption that this was a single attacker," he said.

Biehlmaier said the initial information suggested the suspect, a German citizen, and one or more of the victims knew each other.

Some of the victims belonged to the same family, he added.

It was not clear what kind of firearm the suspect used, but police said further information would be released at a news conference with prosecutors and local officials on Friday afternoon.

Rot am See is located about 105 miles northwest of Munich.

Multiple-victim shootings are rare in Germany, which has strict gun control laws like most of Europe. The last major incident was an attack by a far-right extremist who attacked a synagogue in the town of Halle in October.

It remains unclear how the Halle shooter obtained his weapons, but police said they appeared to be homemade. The gunman failed to enter the secured synagogue but killed two people outside the building before being apprehended.
    Sad there are evil people in the world willing to take the extra effort to carry such deed.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Sad there are evil people in the world willing to take the extra effort to carry such deed.
    Sad to hear. But this is the reason I am prepared to defend myself. No matter what, there are evil people who do not give a shit about others or laws.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Sad to hear. But this is the reason I am prepared to defend myself. No matter what, there are evil people who do not give a shit about others or laws.
    He murdered his family. A gun won't save you from this.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    He murdered his family. A gun won't save you from this.
    It can and has. But is a topic for the gun control mega thread to discuss in more detail.

And notice, my reply did not mention guns as the way to protect yourself. There are other devices and ways to do that.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

It can and has. But is a topic for the gun control mega thread to discuss in more detail.

And notice, my reply did not mention guns as the way to protect yourself. There are other devices and ways to do that.
    For every situation that a gun has "saved" a family, there are dozens where it destroyed a family. But you're right, this is beating a dead horse to pulp.

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    For every situation that a gun has "saved" a family, there are dozens where it destroyed a family. But you're right, this is beating a dead horse to pulp.
    This probably belongs in the gun thread but trying to twist this into a pro gun thing is rather sad we have one these tragedies in the US every week versus the rare unicorn in Germany.

Here in Ireland the laws protect them more than the law abiding citizens.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    This probably belongs in the gun thread but trying to twist this into a pro gun thing is rather sad we have one these tragedies in the US every week versus the rare unicorn in Germany.
    Every week?! Hah if only. It’s like 4-7 times a week here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Here in Ireland the laws protect them more than the law abiding citizens.
    Oh? Prove it.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Every week?! Hah if only. It’s like 4-7 times a week here.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh? Prove it.
    I ain't going to waste my time with you. You can go look it up if you're that interested...

I ain't going to waste my time with you. You can go look it up if you're that interested...
    Hmm okay so you say some bogus shit and refuse to cite it.
    Last edited by Themius; 2020-01-25 at 02:49 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Rare there. Common place here. lol.

Hmm okay so you say some bogus shit and refuse to cite it.
    No, I just don't want to waste my time with you. You strictly exist on these forums to bait people into arguments... well, I ain't biting. Plenty of examples to scour about on Irish news sites if you're genuinely 'that' curious.

But believe whatever you want, anything that'll help you sleep at night... I got better things to do.

No, I just don't want to waste my time with you. You strictly exist on these forums to bait people into arguments... well, I ain't biting. Plenty of examples to scour about on Irish news sites if you're genuinely 'that' curious.

But believe whatever you want, anything that'll help you sleep at night... I got better things to do.
    Because I know you’re talking bullshit... laws that say you aren’t allowed to kill captured intruders or intentional harm them once the threat is over doesn’t mean they have more protections than you.

"Homemade" weapons...? Nani the fuck?

Well I suppose, humans are extremely inventive and crafty when it comes to killing other people.

I wonder if "homemade" is going to wind up being 3D printing. For the average person looking to start fabrication, I would guess that's easier and cheaper to learn and carry out at this point than getting machining tools for metal. If it is 3D printing, the response is going to be pretty interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    I doubt that this event would have went differently in the USA tbh. He killed his parents and other relatives in a house, owned by the family. I doubt that Americans bring guns to a family gathering to protect themselves from a bad family member with a gun...

Quote Originally Posted by Suneye View Post
    Unless they're unconscious or tied up really hard they're always a threat to you unless they're dead, if they attacked you. Self-defense laws in European countries are stupid.
    Thenius values the life of the criminal breaking into his home over the lives of his family
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    If it is 3D printing, the response is going to be pretty interesting.
    Obvious response would be restrictions on ammunition and constituents thereof.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    Thenius values the life of the criminal breaking into his home over the lives of his family
    I value Justice not bullshit revenge. People here supported the execution of two teenage thieves (the man is now in jail for life) people supported the torture and rape of a man because he broke into a home.

People like you seem to feel human rights evaporate when a crime is committed even once the danger is no longer present.

10+ Year Old Account
    People like you seem to feel human rights evaporate when a crime is committed even once the danger is no longer present.
    Pretty sure they don't accept the idea of human rights, period.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters