Anyone else genuinly about to drop this game forever?

After wod the whole game started to shape in a way in wich you cannot have fun with it and i mean you cannot play your alts not to mention PvP. Im queing up arena right now and im literally out geared, for me in order to gain the same gear i would have to dedicate a lot of time into pugging or socializing in terms of finding a guild and then hoping for good rng since i cant target items slots and at the end of the day i still wouldnt enjoy doing all of this because i know i would have to repeat the same process on my alts. I remember back in the good times where i could relog and enjoy the game because the gear was simple to get and i didint have to do anything else in order to play. I hit max level, i did content i got purples and i was ready to go anywhere. My goal in BFA was to reach 1800 rating on every armor type, in season 1 and 2 i was able to do that, in season 3 i could only do it on plate and leather and right now i cant go past 1600 rating because i have like 350k hp and everyone else 450k and fully maxed essences, neck level, gear slots, corruptions and reputations. And the sad part is that its alright to have all of this because funny enough all those people (have to) play and focus on their mains exclusivly in order to achieve that and i came here to ask why does it have to be this way? Is it all Ions fault and his philosophy i mean who is left in this game having fun besides the (judging by the subscriber numbers) handfull of people with their mains or mounts/pets/achievements collectors? Why do they make it so hard to enjoy this game? If its not a broken system thats not even beta tested (and everyone tries to exploit everything out of it asap withint the first weeks of release) then its a time/rep gated. And yes it makes sense to timegate because otherwise content would get completed too fast and people would unsubscribe because they are done with the game for now but i dont understand why are they developing this game in such a obnoxious way where you cant have fun with it? Like what do you expect me to do? Start to main a demon hunter and feel good about myself and my 3 buttons getting auto invited into everything? And then be not be able to do anything else? Why arent those essences account wide atleast? Why do you have to go back to the nazjatar raid in order to farm this essence? Why do you have to farm reputations from previous patches in those dead empty zones wich everyone left behind? Why are there so many PvE raid/dungeon difficulities where the better ilvl gear gets handed out for free in random activities anyway? Why cant a average guy like me have some genuine fun in this game? 9 hours i spent at work 6 i am sleeping and then im supposed to throw my life away with those 9 hours and use it on the game when i know the subscription keeps ticking and everyone who is able too gets ahead of me? I just wanted to have fun like i used too back in WotLK and Cataclysm where goals could be achieved but i guess this isint a game for normal man anymore. And the new expension doesnt look any different more like a HUGE patch 8.4 so to say.

This is like the definition of TLDR. Formatting is a thing my burner account friend.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by ynnrat View Post
    ... wich you cannot have fun with it and i mean you cannot play your alts
    Yes. Alt playing has been banned as of patch 8.3.

Im queing up arena right now and im literally out geared, for me in order to gain the same gear i would have to dedicate a lot of time into pugging or socializing
    I would have to PUG or SOCIALIZE to get better gear in an MMO?@?!@?

I remember back in the good times where i could relog and enjoy the game because the gear was simple to get and i didint have to do anything else in order to play.
    Remember when good gear was just handed out to randos? Pepperidge farms remembers.

And yes it makes sense to timegate because otherwise content would get completed too fast and people would unsubscribe because they are done with the game for now but i dont understand why are they developing this game in such a obnoxious way where you cant have fun with it? Like what do you expect me to do?
    Play the game and stop posting another half-literate screed on a burner account?

No. WoW is still the best mmorpg out there.

Like totally. Nearly literally. But not quite definitely.

Is it that time of month where we need a bunch of doomsday threads again?

Should be due for a flying debate thread soon.
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

Are you Trump because you just built a wall.

But you'll still come around to post on a sockpuppet alt, right?
    @thwart <- don't click this and learn his shame
    Newsflash: 2016 Thwart would hate 2019 Thwart! Definitely don't click this either!

We see you.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I am absolutely a jerk, a complete cunt. But I encourage you to rise above.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Wow isn't for everyone - I would say, it's time to set down the mantle of Rank Juan Glad / World First Raider and sit back and relax and let the young people go for the trophy now.

It's been a good run OP, good luck in your future endeavors

When I unsubbed in WoD, I thought it'd be forever. I had no desire to come back, and filled WoW with other recreational and fun activities. It wasn't until my girlfriend strong armed me to come back by purchasing Legion for me, and convincing me to come back that I did. I never missed it and had no desire to come back. Even early on in Legion I didn't feel like playing but slowly got back into it. With that said, it's not that serious. If you no longer have fun, don't play it, but it doesn't have to be an overly dramatic "I'm never playing again!" That's a childish reaction to your dislike concerning the state of the game. Even when I unsubbed, I never told myself it was forever, though I'd realize I felt no desire to come back, but when I was convinced to give Legion a try, I realized it was actually fun versus WoD, which was a miserable fun-sucked expansion to me that killed the game for me for a good 3-4 years.

Give it a break. You might find out you never want to play again, stay away and find something more fun to you. Or you might come back later when the game is in a state more appealing to you. Either way, if it's not fun, walk away. I know I say all the time I stay subbed because it's like dirt cheap entertainment, but it's also because I still have fun with it. If I didn't, I wouldn't be paying for it, even if it was $5. Don't give in to this Stockholm Syndrome so many WoW players experience where they hate the game, but continue to play it anyway as if they were addicted or had no choice to no play something they don't enjoy doing, and the excuse they give is "I love WoW, and I hope it'll change for the better." It's not a healthy or productive pastime. Look at half the threads here. Good grief is it not a productive pastime to play something you no longer enjoy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    "I Quit" and other blog-type threads don't tend to produce much in the way of constructive discussion or debate. Closing this.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead