Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Why were they burning their shoes? I thought it was the slave labour stuff?
    That was mostly about Colin Kaepernick, the politics of taking a knee, the uproar around that and then Nike unveiled an ad campaign centered on him while all of that was still swirling around. There were boycotts, protests, shoes tossed into the garbage and burned and after it was all done Nike made something like six billion dollars on the campaign and their sales went through the roof for a while. The protests had nothing at all to do with China. There have been other protests about Nike's sourcing but this wasn't one of them.

Like other things, it was mostly all fake outrage. A lesson to be learned. The headline in the picture that started this diversion was pretty clear about that.

People look for things to yell about. Some are sincere, many are not.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2020-02-02 at 07:28 AM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Very smart, sounds like something people who buy sports shoes would do.
    Feet can't get cold if you burn them off, that's like Galaxy Brain level thought there

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Like other things, it was mostly all fake outrage.
    Tell that to Hong Kongers and to Blizzard employees who walked out as well as the Blizzard's appearance of kowtowing to Chinese Authoritarian State Capitalists.
    Last edited by szechuan; 2020-02-02 at 08:18 AM.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    I don't think people forgot, just that more important things came up. Like the disgraceful 8.3 or Warcraft 3 Reforged. Terrible games are significantly more important than some rando making a political statement that doesn't directly effect the majority of the players who play the game.
    People forgot Hong Kong ages before 8.3 or wc3r

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Personally never gave a dam about Blitzchung myself. He got what he deserved imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sithalos View Post
    Ah yes, the fake moral high ground argument rears it's ugly head yet again.

Not sure if you people realize this yet, but your 10 seconds of internet fame for being fake-upset about Blitzchung is over. We've moved on to being fake-scared of the Coronavirus.
    i'm in egypt, i don't fear corona virus, egypt killed the 2014 version with the extreme pollution we have before, and we only got worse from then
    but joke aside having moral doesn't mean being stupid
    i know myself, i'm nobody on internet, if i try to do something like that no one will listen and no one will do anything, sitting in front of train alone is suicide not brave, and i already sit in front of it many times before in the failed egyptian revolution, and the result was permanent scars and damage and lot of death
    so while i support any move for Blitz, i won't do anything solo, because i know solo won't do anything at all except just self-damage
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    Tell that to Hong Kongers and to Blizzard employees who walked out as well as the Blizzard's appearance of kowtowing to Chinese Authoritarian State Capitalists.
    She did say 'most'... Question for anyone that is 'offended' by this 'What are YOU really going to do about it?' And in most cases folks aren't going to do any more than the whiny hashtag, maybe a few posts expressing their 'outrage' and then they'll go on with their lives. In short, 'fake' outrage.

Sure, there are some that really are going to do something, but very very very few.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Uh Oh..you are really sticking it to them. Must feel great ^^

- - - Updated - - -

You could go all out and boycott the root: CHINA PRODUCTS and ANY company sucking their dicks. Which would include the company your phone, car, tv, etc

Also..why Method? Why not Pieces or Limit? Why push your morals on them? Where are your morals in this?

I could explode with rage at you limp-dick people.
    lol i don't need to boycott, i exist in egypt, the WORST country on earth (alongside Yemen and Venzuella)
    my entire year salary is probably lower than 1 month of yours, in same time food price is higher than where u live, with everything else be it electricity or water or gas or any bill, the only thing egypt has it far cheaper is residence and that's because they have zero morals here and cheat in it so hard that even a 5.4 earthquake in 1994 caused collapse of hundreds of buildings in cairo (egypt also has amazing weather and very safe from nature disaster environment, if u want to count that too)

so i don't boycott chineese products willingly, i don't have the luxury to buy them like the 7.2 billion human who lives in non egyptian countries, no my 11 years old pc isn't chineese nor my extremely old phone, enjoy ur far better superior life that u earned by just being born in a non egyptian country without boycott
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

10+ Year Old Account
    There is a difference, Hong Kongers are actually fighting for something important. The Blitzchung thing (to be honest, i only cared that he get his owed money, which he did) was mostly just people who already hated Blizzard jumping on the next best thing to hate them about. Most of these people are hypocrites, eager to point fingers at one company because they don't like their games, while conveniently ignoring every other company doing the same thing that they buy from.

10+ Year Old Account
    To review portions of my post:
    That was mostly about Colin Kaepernick[...]Like other things, it was mostly all fake outrage[...]People look for things to yell about. Some are sincere, many are not[...]
    I dislike being quoted out of context and then selectively quoted to boot to give people a dishonest impression of what I wrote.

The post was an answer to a question about the Nike protests to which I'm going to guess Hong Kong residents and Blizzard employees didn't have much to say. I'm sorry but it's true that some are sincere in their feelings about this while many were indulging in fake outrage because it was an easy pile-on at Blizzard--and promptly forgot about it a week later. I'm not judging anyone here. Just stating some obvious truths. Outside of this thread I very much doubt that 1 in 100 people could even tell you Blitzchung's real name--Ng Wai Chung--or even his handle if you asked.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    Hey.

Personally i would've loved if Method did something like "We will not participate in the race until Blitzchung is unbanned" and see if any thing came of such a statement.
    Don't go to work until your company stops using anything imported from China, including electronics. Or even better, stop using anything what was made or parts are made in China. :>

I dislike being quoted out of context and then selectively quoted to boot to give people a dishonest impression of what I wrote.
    It was not out of Context, You said MOST. It was open to interpretation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Redroniksre View Post
    while conveniently ignoring every other company doing the same thing that they buy from.
    Wrong, Blizzard set the precedent where Political Speech in ESports is something Banned which is the opposite of what Athletic Sports allows.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was not out of Context, You said MOST. It was open to interpretation.

- - - Updated - - -

Wrong, Blizzard set the precedent where Political Speech in ESports is something Banned which is the opposite of what Athletic Sports allows.
    Political speech in -their- Esports scene is banned. Now whether that is valid or not i don't know because they allow some other ones. That said, i mean how every other business on this side of the planet deals with China, but nobody bats an eye. Blitzchung knew what was happening and it made it all the better for his message, but if people want to bitch about Blizzard and China then maybe they should stop buying from Walmart.

Quote Originally Posted by Redroniksre View Post
    That said, i mean how every other business on this side of the planet deals with China, but nobody bats an eye. Blitzchung knew what was happening and it made it all the better for his message, but if people want to bitch about Blizzard and China then maybe they should stop buying from Walmart.
    Those other companies aren't banning people like Blitzchung for supporting a pro democracy movement and people already have gotten angry at other people like the NBA too.

Political speech in -their- Esports scene is banned.
    Fair enough, but still a rarity in Sports especially from a company pretends like they care about their Core Values, they should just give up any pretense and take down that dishonest Statue they have at their HQ especially since the release of the Garbage "Remastered" WC3, an 18 YEAR old game.

Last edited by szechuan; 2020-02-02 at 10:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    Don't go to work until your company stops using anything imported from China, including electronics. Or even better, stop using anything what was made or parts are made in China. :>
    Nothing would happen if i did that, But something as big as method could make a statement or impact.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    So if you want games die in a revolution.

Sorry but staying alive at all costs is priority number one and people should have rights to entertainment even if they're stuck in North Korea. You are one person with the worth of 1. You are no more or less important or deserving than anyone else regardless of government.
    Games aren't going to die. People need to get off this complete absurd notion that a company cannot survive unless they do business in China. That is flat out false. Blizzard van be perfectly profitable without doing business in China. It would take significant sacrifice, but it absolutely can be done.

And, no, you do not have ANY rights to entertainment. We don't here and they don't there. Entertainment is a privilege, not a right. If they have a problem with not getting that privilege or having it taken away, maybe it is long past time for them to finally wake up and realize what their government is doing to them. Sadly, this thread proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that almost everyone in it has no morals.

- - - Updated - - -

where is your proof of that?
    The fact that they got down on all fours beggin CHina for forgiveness. IF it wasn't about their bottom lione, then therre was no need to do what they did. Why don't you ask the NBA about what happens when one of your own speak about against them. They will show you their much lighter wallet. Blizzard absolutely remembered that and they were not about to risk getting hit themselves.

7+ Year Old Account
    Those other companies aren't banning people like Blitzchung for supporting a pro democracy movement and people already have gotten angry at other people like the NBA too.

Fair enough, but still a rarity in Sports especially from a company pretends like they care about their Core Values, they should just give up any pretense and take down that dishonest Statue they have at their HQ especially since the release of the Garbage "Remastered" WC3, an 18 YEAR old game.

Honestly at this point I'd like to see a video of a mob taking that statue down. That would be more entertaining than any current Blizzard game (since all they make now is shovelware - when Silver Dollar makes much better games than you, well...).

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspark View Post
    Honestly at this point I'd like to see a video of a mob taking that statue down. That would be more entertaining than any current Blizzard game (since all they make now is shovelware - when Silver Dollar makes much better games than you, well...).
    Good luck finding more than 3 guys willing to even appear at Blizz HQ for that.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    The fact that they got down on all fours beggin CHina for forgiveness. IF it wasn't about their bottom lione, then therre was no need to do what they did. Why don't you ask the NBA about what happens when one of your own speak about against them. They will show you their much lighter wallet. Blizzard absolutely remembered that and they were not about to risk getting hit themselves.
    Where did they beg china for forgiveness?
    Both of y'all are making obscene claims with no actual evidence.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Feet can't get cold if you burn them off, that's like Galaxy Brain level thought there
    NOT BIG BRAIN, ITS GALAXY BRAIN!
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Where did they beg china for forgiveness?
    Both of y'all are making obscene claims with no actual evidence.
    That asinine "apology" to China. They only did that because they were panicking over China doing to them what they have done to the NBA. IT was all about protecting their wallet. Period.