Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Get your political cancer out of my games, thanks.
    Couldn't agree more, exactly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Break rules - Get Punished.

That was my thoughts then, my thoughts now. This does not reflect my stance on the Political situation, only reflects my stance on Blizzards implementation of the punishment.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    People never actually cared in the first place they just wanted something to shake there fist at while stilling giving blizzard and or China there money.

5+ Year Old Account
    With the people on this forum being the way they are how exactly did you expect this thread to pan out?
    Honorary member of the Baine Fanclub, the only member really.

Most people have forgotten because 15 minutes of fame only lasts...wait for it.....15 minutes.

I mean they compromised about as well as can be expected, attempting to lessen the damage without pissing off China either. I don't know what they could've done better in their shoes, and even he seemed OK with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was a douchebag move by Blizzard and I lost a lot of the little respect I still had for them but I don't care anymore at this point.

Although I will say thanks to Blitzchung it has opened my eyes to how many companies in the US have their lips to China's ass and will protect them no matter the issue so they can keep getting money from them. The NBA and Nike were the big ones. I guess it was already kinda obvious, I just never realized how attached these organizations really are. Even the players themselves will say nothing bad about China.

It's really something seeing people who are probably mostly Trump haters and democrats defend a communist controlled country who oppresses it's own people because they want to be a free democracy. They'll defend communist China to protect their income despite knowing what the Hong Kong people are going through. Really tells you something about those people. It's all about money for them.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

I personally unsubscribed from WoW when that happened and have not touched any Blizzard product since. The outrage is mostly gone because those that actually cared already made their decision and those that dont care is still here.

That said, I feel like I need to make a disclaimer. While I did find that situation to be awful, it is not a dealbreaker. It was simply what pushed me over the line. If North Koreas dictatorship made great video games, I would still play them. I would also still play a Blizzard game if they were actually great. The blitzchung thing simply made it so that I wont spend any more money on microtransactions or spend any money on any mediocre game that they have. Luckily, all Blizzard games are kinda bad at the moment so the decision was kinda easy.

Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    Hey.

Personally i would've loved if Method did something like "We will not participate in the race until Blitzchung is unbanned" and see if any thing came of such a statement.
    At the end of the day no one really cares about this kind of stuff. Players bandwagoned for like a week then went back to playing/participating.

I think the OP is probably asking in the wrong place. These forums are a known hangout of many Blizzard enthusiast(literally the definition of a fan site). You're not likely to find too many people who feel strongly about the Blitzchung fiasco here.

Personally I did the "Boycott Blizzard products until his ban expires" thing. It's not that hard considering all the other games available, and how weak Blizzard games are right now. Seriously, WoW is garbage right now. Never got into HS. Starcraft and D3 haven't been a thing for years. HotS is garbage compared to LoL and DotA.

I do like the looks of Shadowlands, but by the time that's released, Blitzchung and the casters' ban will have expired anyway. All Blizzard has to do is not shoot themselves in the foot again between now and then.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Gotta love the "keep gaming and politics seperate" crowd... always too thick to realize how badly their games are censored and designed to avoid offended China

Anyone even offended by this are stupid. It wasnt his platform. Would u want an cunt to denied the contract he signs to use your platform as a political spectacle? I fucking wouldnt and id fuck him up. Blizzard made a strong move, maybe to strong, but hell. Blizzard would be dumb id they dindt do anything. Could u imagine anything they promote or w/e that an idiot comes uo there and tells his political favorotism? Thing goddamned

7+ Year Old Account
    Of course they have. Most people don't give a shit about anything as long as they get to do their favorite thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    The hong kong protests in general have fallen out of public attention in the west with impeachment, elections etc

nobody cares about crap like this.

And here i thought people outraged because they actully cared about "Human rights" or what not.

Makes me smile that the majority agrees that it was all fake outrage just for attention.

Ofc they did. like 14 days after it. Also hong kong. All those "Warriors for democracy" are gone now and doing something else what is trendy.

Welcome to outrage culture.

I mean, it's been months. What were you expecting, exactly? Most people forgot about him a week, or a few days after the whole drama. Nowadays there's a new thing to be fauxoutraged about every single day, so. People have short memory.
    If the future is female...get ready for apocalypse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Outside of gaming circles this was a nothing story. Of course people are going to forget. Most people have never heard of it.

I have no clue why you think Method should deprive themselves of streaming income. I don't imagine that Method thinks you have any clue either. Business is business.

If you don't want to pay the penalty then don't break the rules.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Let’s get real. Majority of people who go “I HAVE A MORAL COMPASS!!!!!!11111” do not care one bit. They just found another thing to hate on.
    They use products created in sweatshops. They do not try to create pressure on their politicians who might, unlike Blizzard, have ANY kind of impact on the situation. They don’t do anything other than yelling on the internet. They didn’t know or care 1 day before the incident, maybe they did feel something around the time, but they aren’t doing meaningful things. It’s just another thing to hate and throw around. It’s kinda sad really, sometimes I understand why people shit on gamers. We do have a lot of crappy personalities.

Of course, if you are someone who behaves differently: You aren’t who I’m talking about. I’m talking about the other guy.

They will never let go, like a teenager holding onto a fantasy: They need something to... you know.