Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldfrostzero View Post
    I wasn't the one arguing it is impossible. Maybe not jump to an extreme when you're arguing?

There are those who swear by it, but then defend the changes. I want changes personally and I have no problem with it if it's for the health of the game. I do, however, dislike how some changes are acceptable and others aren't. I don't want to get to retail levels of changes, but there were obvious things that people asked for back then (myself included) that took them years to add due to technical limitations or super slow patch development.
    I'm not arguing, that's you. I asked how can you reliably do it, did not say it was impossible.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by froschhure View Post
    how can you be glad about changes in a game where everyone wanted NO changes.

the first change is only the beginning. HF
    We've had plenty of changes already, we were aware of them before launch.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    I'm not arguing, that's you. I asked how can you reliably do it, did not say it was impossible.

- - - Updated - - -

We've had plenty of changes already, we were aware of them before launch.
    If you read my original response, it was "prior to this change." Which was as reliable as it could be. You get X amount of your premade in the same AV and then everyone single queues into that AV. There has never ever once been a 100% sure fire way to queue as premade for AV as Alliance or Horde. Never once did I say it was perfect, but it was completely possible. This change added makes AV premades almost nearly impossible which didn't happen until Wrath. That's a huge change.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you read my original response, it was "prior to this change." Which was as reliable as it could be. You get X amount of your premade in the same AV and then everyone single queues into that AV. There has never ever once been a 100% sure fire way to queue as premade for AV as Alliance or Horde. Never once did I say it was perfect, but it was completely possible. This change added makes AV premades almost nearly impossible which didn't happen until Wrath. That's a huge change.
    We're talking about Horde premades in Classic, your queue time is 40+ mins.

If you get X amount of your premade in the same game, everyone else who single queues will not get in the same game... as it will be over by the time their queue pops.

I play Horde on retail, my AV queues at the end of vanilla and TBC were pretty much instant. I can't remember exactly, but I'm fairly certain they were 1-2 mins, making it much easier to premade. But none of that matters, as we are talking about Classic.
    Last edited by Tekkommo; 2020-01-27 at 04:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Warning View Post
    No changes is a dumb idea and I'm glad Blizzard abandoned it. Lets say we suddenly find an exploit that was present but never found in 2005 that allows you to oneshot any boss. That exploit should be fixed, even if it existed back then. Similarly things that come up now that really screw up the game, like the premade meta should be addressed.
    You're a braver man than I am to say those words on this website
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

Prefer if they moved to the original AV.

Yea yea yea 1.12 blah blah but this is already a hybrid of a few patches. And pre 1.6 AV is what most people seem to be expecting and is the version of AV that legendary.

Quote Originally Posted by mkivtt View Post
    Your tears are delicious.

"Mommy I can't zerg in a 40-man premade group and cheese paladin bubble pull anymore, I actually have to fight people on the same footing WAAAH WAAH WAAAAAAAAAAH!"

Cry more.
    AV isnt about fighting people.

We're talking about Horde premades in Classic, your queue time is 40+ mins.

If you get X amount of your premade in the same game, everyone else who single queues will not get in the same game... as it will be over by the time their queue pops.

I play Horde on retail, my AV queues at the end of vanilla and TBC were pretty much instant. I can't remember exactly, but I'm fairly certain they were 1-2 mins, making it much easier to premade. But none of that matters, as we are talking about Classic.
    I know what we're talking about. Yes queue times are large.

That's due to how fast people are rushing to the end. That has always been the case with AV premades. Some people get in to AV [#] and the rest single queue and if you don't get in you don't get in and wait for the next round. Now you can't even do that with this change.

Queues were never instant or "1-2 minutes" for AV. I played from 2005 until today and I can tell you your memory is not a reliable thing to go on. People have complained about queue times ad infinitum. Server pools with larger Alliance or Horde ratios always have lopsided queue times. The problem is more people play Horde over Alliance in Classic.

You're arguing about something that went from possible, but unlikely to impossible and it's rather silly. This change killed that which was possible all the way to Wrath is my point. Either they reverse it, or we should start getting changes that make sense for the game's longevity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some people get in to AV [#] and the rest single queue and if you don't get in you don't get in and wait for the next round.
    Again, not arguing, that's you.

So people single queue for 40+ mins as Horde to try and snipe a game where maybe a significant number of people got into a AV, which is already a low chance.

Ok then...

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    You're a braver man than I am to say those words on this website
    I don't think anyone genuinely expected no changes in Classic. #nochanges movement was always a joke meme. Nobody is that stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    Prefer if they moved to the original AV.

Yea yea yea 1.12 blah blah but this is already a hybrid of a few patches. And pre 1.6 AV is what most people seem to be expecting and is the version of AV that legendary.
    There is a reason why 1.12 exists. Everyone cried back then about AV being the dreaded time pit of death taking days to end. Now people crying for the time pit of death to return? Who's crying is blizzard suppose to listen to?

Again, not arguing, that's you.

So people single queue for 40+ mins as Horde to try and snipe a game where maybe a significant number of people got into a AV, which is already a low chance.

Ok then...
    That's how it works exactly. Sorry you don't get the concept of how premades are/were formed. The queue time is irrelevant and single queuing works just fine when you knew the AV to choose. If you went to Alliance side right now, that's exactly how they would do it, prior to this change. You have to wait for the queue regardless of how long it is. The idea is to get as many people in as possible.

Saying you're not arguing when you're trying to provide a counterpoint is childish.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's how it works exactly. Sorry you don't get the concept of how premades are/were formed. The queue time is irrelevant and single queuing works just fine when you knew the AV to choose. If you went to Alliance side right now, that's exactly how they would do it, prior to this change. You have to wait for the queue regardless of how long it is. The idea is to get as many people in as possible.

Saying you're not arguing when you're trying to provide a counterpoint is childish.
    Ok, so to premade as Horde, you have to queue for 40+ mins, hope you get in the group with others, which is a low chance. If you don't get in, you then drop queue, and queue for a further 40+ mins to try and snipe in the AV game. This would require the game to last for 40+ mins and hope that someone leaves that game when you are next inline, and by that time, you're missing most of the honour/rep. When you queue for a specific game, other games can pop instead.

What an idiotic thing to do, I also feel sorry for anyone that thinks having a discussion is an argument.
    Last edited by Tekkommo; 2020-01-27 at 07:16 PM.

Ok, so to premade as Horde, you have to queue for 40+ mins, hope you get in the group with others, which is a low chance. If you don't get in, you then drop queue, and queue for a further 40+ mins to try and snipe in the AV game. This would require the game to last for 40+ mins and hope that someone leaves that game when you are next inline, and by that time, you're missing most of the honour/rep. When you queue for a specific game, other games can pop instead.

What an idiotic thing to do, I also feel sorry for anyone that thinks having a discussion is an argument.
    I don't think hes gonna get it lol. Hes gonna say it's possible that 40 ppl queue at once and the planets align and all 40 ppl get into the same AV and it is technically possible therefore horde can premade lmao. Either that or he thinks a few ppl queing directly to a specific av number even tho it will be over after 40 mins, would somehow work.

Ally can premade AV. Horde do not premade AV.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    I don't think hes gonna get it lol. Hes gonna say it's possible that 40 ppl queue at once and the planets align and all 40 ppl get into the same AV and it is technically possible therefore horde can premade lmao. Either that or he thinks a few ppl queing directly to a specific av number even tho it will be over after 40 mins, would somehow work.

It's laughable, and indeed it is possible. He tried to claim I'm arguing that it's impossible which I never did.

I just questioned the reliability.

Quote Originally Posted by froschhure View Post
    how can you be glad about changes in a game where everyone wanted NO changes.

the first change is only the beginning. HF
    Only a very tiny loud % of people did not want changes and the game went live with about 20 that no one seemed to care about.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

Quote Originally Posted by Fancydress View Post
    I don't think anyone genuinely expected no changes in Classic. #nochanges movement was always a joke meme. Nobody is that stupid.
    You'd be surprised
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post

I get it completely. It's not ideal to wait unless you want a better chance at winning. Again, did it all the time up until Wrath when they made this exact same change. It went from possible to improbable with this change. The length of the BG doesn't matter, even back in those days you weren't guaranteed getting into the right AV, but when they made this change it was nearly impossible to get more than a couple of people in the same AV. The only thing I have said is it was the most reliable way to do a premade.

What I am trying to say is that I don't really fucking care about your 40+ min queue whining and more so that this isn't a change that should have happened as it is not in line with the Devs back then, as they chose to ignore this as they had wanted to make Rated BGs a thing in the future. So making a 2008 change to a game that's supposed to be a museum of 2005, means the #nochanges crowd should be up in arms and not praising this. The fact that both of you keep arguing about what's possible right now is completely irrelevant to the subject of making changes to Classic.

10+ Year Old Account
    What I am trying to say is that I don't really fucking care about your 40+ min queue whining
    Not whining about the 40+ min queue Horde have, stating a fact.

I'm Alliance and do premades, couldn't really care less about the change and not surprised at the change either. We've already had plenty of changes, this is just one more.

It's funny that you're mad over a #nochanges meme.

Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    There is a reason why 1.12 exists. Everyone cried back then about AV being the dreaded time pit of death taking days to end. Now people crying for the time pit of death to return? Who's crying is blizzard suppose to listen to?
    1.12 exists because it was the only working client they had a copy of from back then. Litteraly no other reason, there was no grand design decision into why its 1.12.

If the shit storm on the forum when AV came out is an indication, its clear 1.12 AV is not what people were expecting or wanting.

Not whining about the 40+ min queue Horde have, stating a fact.

I'm Alliance and do premades, couldn't really care less about the change and not surprised at the change either. We've already had plenty of changes, this is just one more.

It's funny that you're mad over a #nochanges meme.
    I'm not at all mad about the change, I could care less. I am however, trying to point out the hypocrites who say this change is good. It's not really a meme if Blizzard themselves pushed it and claimed WoW Classic would be a "museum" with "warts and all." Yet, here we are making changes for certain reasons, but we can't make other logical changes that help with longevity of the game. If WoW had never had an expansion, it wouldn't have just stopped gaining development, but if these #nochange people are going to kick and scream at any thought of a change, this one is an insanely big one considering how long the ability to premade all BGs was.