10+ Year Old Account

Dragonriders in Kul Tiras

Hey everyone,

I have myself done all the quests but I cannot recall anyone mentioning Dragonriders attacking Kul Tiras - yet we have a sight of a dragon's skeleton as well as an orc with axe and shield. Attached to the dragon's jaw is a chain, making it seem like it has been ridden there. At its claw's grasp is what looks like debris from a building/ship victim. Around it, harpoons of what slew it.

Was this a common foe or a rider could've gone too far off course?
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I imagine this is a relic of the Second War, in which Orcish Dragonriders encountered Daelin Proudmoore's fleet on their way to the Tomb of Sargeras. There was probably a battle that verged on land around Kul Tiras, and those skeletons all that remain of it. It's not involved in any quests I can think of either, so this is probably just a set-piece for historic effect - a kind of easter egg type deal, I guess you could say.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I imagine this is a relic of the Second War, in which Orcish Dragonriders encountered Daelin Proudmoore's fleet on their way to the Tomb of Sargeras. There was probably a battle that verged on land around Kul Tiras, and those skeletons all that remain of it. It's not involved in any quests I can think of either, so this is probably just a set-piece for historic effect - a kind of easter egg type deal, I guess you could say.
    I thought as well. I just found it interesting that this rider got so close to Boralus.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    I thought as well. I just found it interesting that this rider got so close to Boralus.
    Boralus is a coastal city, so I guess it makes sense a naval battle might run aground as the Orcish fleet passed by if that's indeed what happened. Also possible that a dragonrider fleeing the massacre at the Tomb landed on Kul Tiras to regroup and resupply, got caught by the Kul Tirans and killed in the process.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead