Page 16 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mixxy View Post
    25,000 Mementos is a lot, man.
    Even if you're earning over a thousand Mementos in a single run - which seems unlikely, but I admit I don't know the numbers - it'll still take twenty five full clears to socket a single item.

That's 25 Vessels. That's 250,000 Coalescing Visions. That's still gonna take you like, two months of doing every single assault and Daily to earn.

For a single socket.
    As the max I've only done is two and I just got chests opened, when I did it on my alt, just the first Alleria room and all the chests and the mailbox got me about 350. That's one room.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vuurmannetje View Post
    The biggest issue with the corruption system atm is that whichever guild gets the best corruptions for the right players quickest is gonna win the race (barring any bug blocks). Say if Method get Infinite stars on every single player thats a nice little 20% raidwide boost.
    All guilds participating in the WF race have been buying up BOEs with good corrupts so it will be on even terms. Also stars got nerfed to the ground so it isn't even an issue anymore.
    VOTING IS MOB RULE AND MOB RULE IS MEDIA RULE AND
    MEDIA RULE IS CORPORATE RULE

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    this is one of the worst shit I've seen in this game, literally removing a bad system to add one even worst, stupid devs will never learn.
    TFW you only saw 2 pieces of corrupted gear since 8.3 release and both were DEd.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

This whole corrupted system is beyond terrible, from having half the raid "snared" due to the effects and not being able to move out of raid with specific mechanics to healers not having dispell available for tank debuffs due to dispelling the raids stupid snare makes me really enrage lol

Quote Originally Posted by Axxil View Post
    All guilds participating in the WF race have been buying up BOEs with good corrupts so it will be on even terms. Also stars got nerfed to the ground so it isn't even an issue anymore.
    Rank 3 Stars is still pretty damn good, Rank 2 is pretty meh.

The proc rates are just night and day.

Name one good reason for me to resub during this patch

The RNG fest that became loot drops in WoW is one of the main reasons I stopped playing. This systems only keeps me away.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Also stars got nerfed to the ground so it isn't even an issue anymore.
    Really now. When did that happen, outside of a tiny 25% nerf that barely changed anything?

Also coalescing void is perfectly fine right now, people should do 200k aoe dps if they got the item while others are back at 50k dps because they didn't get that corruption yet lol.

much better than TF right? Remember when a TF weapon suddenly quadrupled your damage? no neither do i.

Quote Originally Posted by gallamann View Post
    Lol you call someone a Hypocrite, yet your banner on posts certainly points to same conclusion!

So thank you for a solid laugh
    What?

Seriously.....what are trying to say?
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormwolf64 View Post
    Name one good reason for me to resub during this patch
    Exclusive AOTC mount. And Long Boi. Last chance to get both of them.

I got long boi. And im planning to get the aotc as soon as they start to sell heroic runs. Then. I'm not logging on wow till SL.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    much better than TF right? Remember when a TF weapon suddenly quadrupled your damage? no neither do i.
    TF weapons didn't even exist, since they were capped at +10 (in BFA) and that's still Warforging. Ignoring that, ability scaling from weapon damage has been greatly reduced, so even those +10 ilvls weren't actually all that impressive. It certainly helped, but nowhere near as it used to in previous expansions. But it seems like some people still live in the Arcanite Reaper era.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I would suggest you rewatch it then.

NOWHERE did they say "We didn't intend this". Just that how it worked out was a "whoopsie".

Unless you truly honestly think Blizzard made sure the items couldn't warforge/titanforge, but somehow just magically forgot to take away sockets.
    It's a situation where hindsight is 20/20. They thought it was fine, and then after they were like "wait, people are just gambling for it now".
    I mean Blizzard perfectly knew people would gamble over sockets. The game is 15 years old, they know how far people can go to min-max. That's why we have titanforge / RNG sockets and such. Because they know people will constantly insert a coin in the slot machine to finally get that socket and the perfect stat on their item. They're just blatantly lying in their videos / interviews saying they didn't foresee it or that they didn't expect players to act like that. It's their game, they have analysts, they perfectly know what they're doing and they dgaf about outrage or imbalance if in the end it keeps people subbed and make them more money than having less frustrating and random systems like before.

A lot of people - not saying you are - are still super naive. Blizzard perfectly know what they are doing when they design a system, they've been recently playing with the fire but still. They don't really design the game systems to be fun or rewarding, they design them so they're profitable and they'll only change their philosophy if the numbers are down enough. It's not only all about the subs, it's about the MAUs, about the shop / services and such. The fact that they sometimes apology for a failed design like 8.0 Azerite is only because they know they went too far, and I guess they genuinely thought it would work (not from a player PoV, but from a money PoV). They crossed the line, they apologise, they come up with a band-aid fix or an even worse systems and there you go, "we understood and after listening to your feedback, we decided to remove X and implement Y which will allow you to Z!".
    Last edited by Philomene; 2020-01-26 at 05:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mixxy View Post
    I guess at the end of the day, people have gotta ask themselves what's more important to them:
    Players not losing their hard-earned key because someone/thing else fucked up, or
    Players not having the ability to simply try again if they fail.

Honestly, I don't understand people who pick the latter. What's wrong with other players being able to try again, as long as they don't get to keep anything they got from the first attempt.

(Plus I think some people are really overestimating how many people have their system set up in a way that they can get to and unplug the ethernet cable in the one and a half seconds it takes to lose.)
    Yea, this is a situation where... If you were to just bail you would get nothing, there's a limit to the rewards. Trying again really isn't some game changer.

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    Really now. When did that happen, outside of a tiny 25% nerf that barely changed anything?
    It no longer scales with AP/SP.

Quote Originally Posted by AmazonDruid View Post
    Exclusive AOTC mount. And Long Boi. Last chance to get both of them.

I got long boi. And im planning to get the aotc as soon as they start to sell heroic runs. Then. I'm not logging on wow till SL.
    I thought i said "good reason"

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    It no longer scales with AP/SP.
    And it didn't change anything, it's still a massive damage increase.

It's actually bonkers.

I have a 420 Infinite Stars II wrist and it sims like 2800 more dps single handedly than my 460 wrist (both with sub optimal stats for my spec).

In fact, sometimes infinite stars is my most damaging ability. This is after the nerf also. It's actually insane to the point that I'm certain I will have a 420 wrist until the end of this expac.

It's ridiculous how bad corrupted gear is. Like they reintroduced titanforging, slapped a new name on it and injected it with steroids.

It changed a lot actually. Originally it added roughly 10k dps by itself, now it's about 3k.

Quote Originally Posted by rodinspfc View Post
    You clearly dont know wtf you are talking about, just reading " Happy to not have 5-40 ilvls of variance." The ilvl is just a fucking number, you can pretty much apply a bis corrupt mod to add +40 ilvl to the gear, because they are that powerful.

Lets say Infinite Stars rank 3 is equivalent to +40 ilvl. You kill wrathion and get a 460 ilvl gear, it comes with infinite stars rank 3, boom +40ilvs, now you have a 460 ilvl piece that have the power of a baseline 500ilvl piece. Tell me this isnt similar to titanforging, they just changed the semantics and you are living prove that it works.
    Clearly you can't read and are very angry, it's a discussion man, chill.

I said "There is still huge gear variance" even with a fixed ilvl. Then you went on to tell how stars rank 3 might be worth "40 ilvl". Yes I know, but it doesn't show as ilvl which is nice for the masses that aren't too smart. You know, the ones that invite just based on ilvl or such.

Plus, what is easier for Blizzard to balance? Stars (which has already seen 2 nerfs) or all gear with a range of 40-50 ilvl (looking at trinkets here mainly). It also means our ilvl in general doesn't skyrocket from tier to tier (although that doesn't matter much now being the last tier of the expansion).

I think you meant "proof" not prove. Also again with a lack of reading, you might have missed the part where I'd rather not have either system, my whole point was that Corrupted was no worse than TF, not that it is awesome. Yes, corrupted is similar to titanforging, but at least it has more interesting things going for it than just raw stats/ilvl, especially once they balance the traits a bit more.
    Last edited by Autoriot; 2020-01-27 at 07:22 AM.