Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    Soooo why exactly titanforging was a problem then?
    With PL being thrown at us, TF/WF fucked with trading, that was a major issue imo.

You want that trinket that the other mage got last week? Too bad, he got it again but its FIVE ilvl higher and he can't trade it!

I've gotten Versatility or Avoidance "from all sources" [I'm a SP] 7 times in a row... Dark Ritual before and after that streak. Lovely system.

-.-;

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Do content in the game, you will have the corrupted procs you want in a month or 2. Stop crying about it because you didn't get BIS week 1.
    Keep hearing what you want, but that doesn't mean it will be true just because you say it will.

Also...

Why do you keep incessantly ignoring the absolute most important part about the gear past the acquisition:

That two players of equal skill in less than equally skilled guilds will get vastly different parses?
    Some fuck warrior did 20k more than everyone else because his guild was fine healing the 2 million extra damage he took. How is that alright?

I get it, you don't care about performance to the Nth degree because you're not competitive. Now kindly explain to me how I, someone who is concerned with such things, reconciles that with this system?

"get over it" is just you admitting I'm right, and what you're actually saying is "just quit, I don't fucking care, hurr durr I think it's GrEaT!" -some random casuuul as always

I dont like that it favors raiders over M+ so we're yet again in a spot of mythic raid or dont bother.

Yea yea m+ chest weekly drops a corrupted piece. Thats once a week. The chances at getting loot from the end of run chest is actually very low when you consider 10+ runs dont drop all that much loot so you need them to drop and corrupt and corrupt with the right trait and the right tier.

Its quite gross. And the power of them is too much. Passives from gear should not be 20-30% of someones dps, that is getting nutty.

As a windwalker monk you just feel like a twilight dev bot. Not a monk.
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    Some fuck warrior did 20k more than everyone else because his guild was fine healing the 2 million extra damage he took. How is that alright?
    Sounds like that guild can afford to take less healers then

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    All I hear is a bunch of salt because some random got streaking stars on his 410 WQ item and you got void ritual on your LFR piece you worked so hard for with 5 stacks of determination.

Do content in the game, you will have the corrupted procs you want in a month or 2. Stop crying about it because you didn't get BIS week 1.

Heck a caster weapon has guaranteed stars in the raid

I think people will eventually figure out that rng corruption has flaws but not as many as the past systems

I am willing to let blizzard figure stuff out on a system to make gear fun

Besides now I don’t have to worry about getting loot I can’t trade

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Volatilis View Post
    I dont like that it favors raiders over M+ so we're yet again in a spot of mythic raid or dont bother.

Yea yea m+ chest weekly drops a corrupted piece. Thats once a week. The chances at getting loot from the end of run chest is actually very low when you consider 10+ runs dont drop all that much loot so you need them to drop and corrupt and corrupt with the right trait and the right tier.

Its quite gross. And the power of them is too much. Passives from gear should not be 20-30% of someones dps, that is getting nutty.

As a windwalker monk you just feel like a twilight dev bot. Not a monk.

What makes you think that outside of the guaranteed weapons with corruption that raiders have an easier time??

Figure 12 bosses so 14 chances at corruption with rolls per week

M+ has a guaranteed drop every week immediately making up for the sub par raid weapons plus you can run them every day all day

- - - Updated - - -

Keep hearing what you want, but that doesn't mean it will be true just because you say it will.

Also...

Why do you keep incessantly ignoring the absolute most important part about the gear past the acquisition:

That two players of equal skill in less than equally skilled guilds will get vastly different parses?

I get it, you don't care about performance to the Nth degree because you're not competitive. Now kindly explain to me how I, someone who is concerned with such things, reconciles that with this system?

"get over it" is just you admitting I'm right, and what you're actually saying is "just quit, I don't fucking care, hurr durr I think it's GrEaT!" -some random casuuul as always

Get in a better guild because the healers could handle that

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post

What makes you think that outside of the guaranteed weapons with corruption that raiders have an easier time??

Figure 12 bosses so 14 chances at corruption with rolls per week

M+ has a guaranteed drop every week immediately making up for the sub par raid weapons plus you can run them every day all day
    Dude...

you're saying that the guaranteed corrupted weapons mean nothing and that they are subpar, that is not true. Dont be so disingenuous.

They have the highest item level for a start
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

Dude...

you're saying that the guaranteed corrupted weapons mean nothing and that they are subpar, that is not true. Dont be so disingenuous.

Only the last 2 boss ones have highest ilvl, and not everyone has a weapon that drops off them. Furthermore not every corrupted weapon from the raid is better then a M+ gear that rolls the right corruption either. There are a few weapons that are that good, but most of them are kind of meh and not actually worth the corruption if you get better corrupted pieces. Like as a VDH do you seriously think I was the shitty tentacle lash over another echoing void or twilight devastation piece? Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    I'm slowing coming around to the corruption system. The issue is the acquisition method being randomized. However, it is an improvement on Titanforging.

Here's why:

- There's a cap on how much corruption you can realistically use without significantly impacting your group by getting yourself in trouble
    - You have to make choices about which pieces you wear, which you purify and whether you want additional resistance with an essence
    - Some Nyalotha weapons have a guaranteed affix so you can target the ones you want
    - If you get a shit corruption roll on a good weapon (I have a 475 socketed 2H with tier 2 void ritual) then you can just cleanse it and use an item with better corruption
    - We are going into week 2 of the Mythic raid, and the amount of corrupted pieces players are accumulating are starting to increase to the point where the playing field is leveling out. The early weeks of the patch were bad because the acquisition rate was low and some players had a significant advantage over others (many still do)
    - I don't feel as bummed now if the item I want doesn't corrupt because my corruption budget will be used up on a number of slots
    I agree with this 100%. Plus it’s more interesting than Titanforging. I have several weak auras made to track my corrupted pieces and it adds a much needed layer to the gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    Get in a better guild because the healers could handle that
    Nah, I don't want to depend on others for my performance, and I'd rather play with my actual friends.

Also "the healers could handle that!"

...dude in question is the literal 1st place DPS on a boss. In the world. He had 1.5m more dmg taken than anyone else from the same boss in the top 100. Something tells me it's not simply "a better guild could support it!" no. I'd need a world top kinda guild to pull that performance and eat that negative crap. That is not realistic; but (provided I'm of the skill) me getting the same numbers he is SHOULD be. Corrupted gear basically guarantees I and most people won't ever see those types of numbers.

- - - Updated - - -

Sounds like that guild can afford to take less healers then
    Again my entire issue is that, in order to get good parses, you will ___HAVE___ to have a group of people effectively dedicated and willing to support your bad habits. And someone WILL get that support. Case in point is the dude in question. Why should I have to lose to a situation like that? A guild completely willing to enable his fucking selfish corruption stacking instead of telling him to reign it in so they can actually drop a healer? Nah. The system shouldn't even allow the possibility for that type of gameplay to happen.

Again my entire issue is that, in order to get good parses, you will ___HAVE___ to have a group of people effectively dedicated and willing to support your bad habits. And someone WILL get that support. Case in point is the dude in question. Why should I have to lose to a situation like that? A guild completely willing to enable his fucking selfish corruption stacking instead of telling him to reign it in so they can actually drop a healer? Nah. The system shouldn't even allow the possibility for that type of gameplay to happen.
    No guild will ever put an individuals parse above the goals of the group. And no guild will progress very far with that mindset. And who are you losing to? Random internet guy that has 80+ corruption? Who gives a shit. Boss dying is more important

Good parses are all about fast kill times. Enjoy sitting at 3/12 mythic with that mindset

No guild will ever put an individuals parse above the goals of the group. And no guild will progress very far with that mindset. And who are you losing to? Random internet guy that has 80+ corruption? Who gives a shit. Boss dying is more important
    1) Plenty of guilds take turns giving their star DPS attempts to be as cheesy as possible.
    2) The whole "boss dying = mostest importanterest!" thing goes away literally as soon as you kill it ONCE. What about all the other raids after that? The act of raiding itself is the joy, not the virtually guaranteed kills you're going to get. I'd farm raids even if loot drops weren't a thing, because the act of completing them is fun, as well as the competition they bring while in them.

3) You can fuck right off trying to tell me my motivations aren't worth anything, so I'm better off just changing my mindset instead of the game fucking quitting with this garbage design. You're not god, and your opinion doesn't matter any more than mine.

Good parses are all about fast kill times. Enjoy sitting at 3/12 mythic with that mindset
    Oh yes, because no one in the top 100 for any boss has gotten full clears ever. Nor are they competitive. Nor are they playing entirely to attempt to parse. Yeah. Sure.

1) Plenty of guilds take turns giving their star DPS attempts to be as cheesy as possible.
    2) The whole "boss dying = mostest importanterest!" thing goes away literally as soon as you kill it ONCE. What about all the other raids after that? The act of raiding itself is the joy, not the virtually guaranteed kills you're going to get. I'd farm raids even if loot drops weren't a thing, because the act of completing them is fun, as well as the competition they bring while in them.

3) You can fuck right off trying to tell me my motivations aren't worth anything, so I'm better off just changing my mindset instead of the game fucking quitting with this garbage design. You're not god, and your opinion doesn't matter any more than mine.

Oh yes, because no one in the top 100 for any boss has gotten full clears ever. Nor are they competitive. Nor are they playing entirely to attempt to parse. Yeah. Sure.
    No one cares about farm content

Stay mad, bro.

No one cares about farm content
    Clearly not the case.

Stay mad, bro.
    Stay mediocre, br0.

Welcome to opinions, you're saying his opinion is less than yours because he (and I) enjoy a system that you don't like.

Difference is, Blizzards is obviously on our side with it because they haven't made any more sweeping corruption changes.

Clearly not the case.

Stay mediocre, br0.
    well, you're options are:

1. keep crying about it
    2. get decent corruption
    3. quit

10+ Year Old Account
    you plan to keep doing uldum and vale / nzoth raid in shadowlands? Must love the content then, whats the problem?
    He's very clearly talking about content in this expansion. Such an awful attempt at an argument.

Dude...

Only if the weapon is off of the last two

Also yes the agi 1h is sub par

I mean this thread is ppl bitching about anything less than bis so let’s stay with it

At least m+ has an equal (until proven otherwise) chance at getting corruption on gear and has more opportunities for it per week

7+ Year Old Account
    Only thing I don't like about corruption is that there should be ways to corrupt gear yourself (like to roll for corruption). Right now it's just rng from drops and that feels like there's no way to work towards using corruption.

If say we could use Corrupted mementos to not only cleanse, but corrupt gear that would be interesting.

Overall though I think it's better than Titanforging but still rng heavy. I miss being able to work towards a strong piece of gear like the justice/valor system had and I think it would make gearing more interesting if systems like obtaining corruption was more under player control.

Nah, I don't want to depend on others for my performance, and I'd rather play with my actual friends.

Also "the healers could handle that!"

...dude in question is the literal 1st place DPS on a boss. In the world. He had 1.5m more dmg taken than anyone else from the same boss in the top 100. Something tells me it's not simply "a better guild could support it!" no. I'd need a world top kinda guild to pull that performance and eat that negative crap. That is not realistic; but (provided I'm of the skill) me getting the same numbers he is SHOULD be. Corrupted gear basically guarantees I and most people won't ever see those types of numbers.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh I see the problem

You believe that you should be able to get tippy top parse without
    1. The added challenge the corruption gives
    2. A group of similar minded players because him taking that extra damage means healers doing more healing

My advice is to be comfortable with 97+ parses