Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ano2024 View Post
    Am I grinding for hours just to increase my dps for a single patch, to play dance dance revolution in a raid while pressing a few buttons on my bars, just to do it all again next patch?
    ok, mmo RPGs arent your kind of game. try something else mayhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by Bulo View Post
    every mmorpg is a grindy game
    Except some don't force you to upgrade all your shit every expansion like GW2, I do agree the treadmill needs to be tapered down and gear needs to last longer before becoming devalued. That is why I think gear should level up as you quest with it, lower end gear can level up more than higher end gear and as it levels it can become rare and epic over time.

10+ Year Old Account
    It used to be more about player(S) interaction than the grind. The Social aspect of the game was good enough back when to camouflage the bad of the MMO Genre. In recent WOW the game has no Social aspect so those announces are more prevalent.

Am I grinding for hours just to increase my dps for a single patch, to play dance dance revolution in a raid while pressing a few buttons on my bars, just to do it all again next patch?

It just seems so pointless. It's like cookie clicker, just some pointless numbers. At least in cookie clicker they aren't reset every few months.
    Play Guild Wars 2 - grind once, never grind again.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    You progress to be powerful now, not forever. If that's boring for you then MMO's aren't for you, it's pretty simple
    Say that to Games like Blade and soul and Black desert. At least those 2 never had a hard reset on gear like WoW has every few months.

Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    Say that to Games like Blade and soul and Black desert. At least those 2 never had a hard reset on gear like WoW has every few months.
    That's a completely pointless comparison -- neither of those games rely on the subscription model that Blizzard uses for WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    That's a completely pointless comparison -- neither of those games rely on the subscription model that Blizzard uses for WoW.
    So you mean blizz have to rely on short term progression and gear reset to keep people playing and paying? can't just have forever progression? Those who've played more or longer has better gear?

Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    So you mean blizz have to rely on short term progression and gear reset to keep people playing and paying? can't just have forever progression? Those who've played more or longer has better gear?
    Blizzard's version of "forever progression" is in the form of Feats of Strength. There are titles and mounts that become unobtainable after the content is replaced.

Quote Originally Posted by tmamass View Post
    ok, mmo RPGs arent your kind of game. try something else mayhaps?
    ESO doesnt have linear progression. When new content comes out is just more tier sets to choose from and content to experience/beat.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Im ok with replacing gear every expansion. Im even ok with grinding out an initial grind for Allied races. I am NOT ok with grinding EVERY SINGLE EXPANSION for flying. Its stupid and needless. Im ok with making flying ONLY max level on THAT toon, perfectly ok with it but I shouldnt have to grind out 5 different reps EVERY Expansion for flying at max level

It just seems so pointless. It's like cookie clicker, just some pointless numbers. At least in cookie clicker they aren't reset every few months.
    Have you never played an MMORPG or WoW before you posted this? I can't understand why you thought to post this instead of quitting and playing a game more suited to your play style?

For whatever reason this is the first patch were I've felt the same as OP. Something about 8.3's grind feels more useless, less rewarding, and less exciting than previous grinds- even Mechagon and Naz.

It feels like a low-effort patch to me, the bare minimum amount of "new" to tie us up until Shadowlands.

As someone who enjoys PVP mostly I'm really not enjoying grinding for what are essentially titanforged corruptions in order to remain competitive. I really don't see how this is an improvement on titanforging in general, and much preferred the "old" system. People who don't see that this is exactly the same thing as titanforging are delusional.

I miss Legion's PVP templates. BFA's arena PVP has been an exercise in chasing whatever cheese is currently on the menu. So here I am with my friends trying to chase the cheese. It sucks.
    Last edited by Didly; 2020-01-27 at 10:35 PM.

7+ Year Old Account

Dunno why you're grinding. Sounds like you find it pointless.

Me on the other hand, I've been enjoying the raid fights. Have done em all on Normal aside from N'zoth (raid team wanted to hold off d/t tuning) and the fights have some interesting mechanics.

We stepped in for Wrathion on heroic, killed him and I got the dragon trinket which I really wanted. Why? Because you get dragon wings popping up and slow fall as an effect. Does it make me more powerful too? Yeah, but that's not my main goal. I'm saving that trinket forever because of its cool effect!

To me when people say things like what you're saying, it feels like you're just bored with what's been going on. And that's ok, go take a break or find something else to do.

But I think overall, while power progression still feels good, majority are playing for collectables. I spend a moment here or there farming the last alpaca I want. I want to upgrade my cloak so I can wear more corrupt gear because being able to shoot gigantic beams of darkness looks awesome.

Raid fights themselves are fun and getting better/efficient at them is a good feeling. Same for doing m+ runs over and over.

Sucks that you don't appear to enjoy these things anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    Nah this is new.

Back in the good days, epic gear meant something and lasted. Even when new raids were released, particularly powerful items would still be best and worth persuing.
    Except there was backlash when tbc came out about quest greens was better than nax gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    So you're saying it's your fault that you read what I wrote? LOL, kids
    No, I was referring to you genius. I'm not looking for any fake internet drama from you either. Just take your medicine like a good boy or go on being some poor victim. The choice is your's. It was little effect on me either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    This has happened in every patch since WoW began. It took you almost 16 years to figure it out.
    No, the extreme gear resets that completely devalue everything instantly once a new patch hits are not 16 years old.

OP must be new to WoW. I think I started to feel this way at the start of Cata. Definitely by the start of MoP. I remember feeling like, again? I have to do this all over again? Since then I've been an LFR only, ultra casual.

People who take this game any more seriously should watch Groundhog Day, and reflect upon their life.

OP might want to consider MMOs like Guild Wars 2 and ESO, where basically once you get end game gear, it's never suddenly invalidated.

The key is to embrace “good enough is good enough” to access the “access level” of the game, and not dump hours and hours into going beyond that, UNLESS you enjoy that journey.

Do emissaries, get rep, unlock flight (the one grind that does carry relevance over into the future), gear from WQs, see the story through LFR.

Then take a break if you’re not having fun.

Do not put a single moment toward an optional difficulty just for the sake of it. Good enough is good enough.

If WoW’s going to refuse to present a world worth living in, and insist on being a place where people measure epeens on a scale of minuscule and necessarily temporary progression in tiny increments over the course of months, no, there is no reason to “live there.” So don’t.

It's the catch up mechanics.

I can, in theory, spend maybe a couple hours and be somewhat on par with someone that's invested 1000 times more into the game, or the expansion specifically.

Back before.... probably MOP, you had to work your way up or hopefully have friends that can carry you through content. You didn't just play and get loot handed to you like candy. You had to actually work for it.

The legion artifacts and the BFA neck are flawed, there has to be a catch up mechanic or you're way WAY behind. There is no way around it. The rental pieces of gear are just tiring and annoying.

Stop tying mechanics and effects to pieces of gear, legion artifacts is a huge example by a far mile.
    Last edited by Beefkow; 2020-01-28 at 01:18 AM.