7+ Year Old Account

MDI - YouTube Exclusive Streaming

Just heard that the MDI is being exclusively streamed on YouTube.

YouTube throwing money at Blizzard to get that.

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...=eml_cleartime
    Last edited by Etrnlaffair; 2020-01-25 at 02:15 AM. Reason: Link to article

Quote Originally Posted by Etrnlaffair View Post
    Just heard that the MDI is being exclusively streamed on YouTube.

YouTube throwing money at Blizzard to get that.
    Why do people never post sources when claiming such things?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nite92 View Post
    Why do people never post sources when claiming such things?
    Too bad there is a source posted.

Too bad there is a source posted.
    Well, editing it ìn after I have posted that it is missing and them claiming it was already there is pretty deceitful, isn't it?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nite92 View Post
    Well, editing it ìn after I have posted that it is missing and them claiming it was already there is pretty deceitful, isn't it?
    Was edited before you posted. Site was just struggling recently.

Was edited before you posted. Site was just struggling recently.
    No, look at the time. Edit and my post happened at the same time.

Seems like Blizzard wanted to get in on Google Cloud's low-latency infrastructure and Google was like, "Sure but we want dat sweet streaming revenue in return." I kinda prefer twitch to YT but honestly MDI wasn't exactly breaking any records on twitch so I doubt this will impact the end user experience much.

So does that mean that all (remaining) e-sports from blizzard will only be on youtube gaming and not on twitch anymore?
    I cant wait to see how bad the next blizcon live streaming will be on youtube gaming!

I would not have watched it either way. I hope Blizz abandons esports alltogether and focusses on making good games for more than 1% of the players.

Cool not interested in watching another season of nothing but prot warriors, resto druids and "insert current op melee classes".

ESL tried this and failed miserably with Facebook and Youtube combined dont have 1% of the twitch viewership.

i'm wondering, will this also have implications for Twitch streamers that take part in these events. Maybe not at prevalent in the MDI, but for example in Hearthstone grandmasters the streamers are generally streaming on cam and quite a few of them are twitch partners that arent allowed to stream on other services.

Quote Originally Posted by chronia View Post
    i'm wondering, will this also have implications for Twitch streamers that take part in these events. Maybe not at prevalent in the MDI, but for example in Hearthstone grandmasters the streamers are generally streaming on cam and quite a few of them are twitch partners that arent allowed to stream on other services.
    This would reasonably only apply for Blizzard hosted streams. Personal streams will likely remain unaffected. Twitch is one of the largest venues for exposure of Blizzard's games, they won't be restricting that any time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    This would reasonably only apply for Blizzard hosted streams. Personal streams will likely remain unaffected. Twitch is one of the largest venues for exposure of Blizzard's games, they won't be restricting that any time soon.
    Thats what i'm wondering about though, if you as a streamer have a exclusive contract with Twitch to only stream on their platform are you then under the terms of that contract allowed to appear on a stream on a different platform. In the past this wasn't a issue, since Blizzard Streams were on Twitch. I understand that their personal stream will still be on Twitch. But as Twitch i wouldn't be happy to see ppl like ThijsNL, who is a big streamer for Twitch all or a sudden on a Youtube stream, even if the youtube stream isn't his personal stream

Twitch, Youtube, Facebook - platform doesn't matter since MDI has become a boring event with equal setups from both teams doing the exact same thing. Introduce Ban/Pick system and maybe things will get more interesting.

Thats what i'm wondering about though, if you as a streamer have a exclusive contract with Twitch to only stream on their platform are you then under the terms of that contract allowed to appear on a stream on a different platform. In the past this wasn't a issue, since Blizzard Streams were on Twitch. I understand that their personal stream will still be on Twitch. But as Twitch i wouldn't be happy to see ppl like ThijsNL, who is a big streamer for Twitch all or a sudden on a Youtube stream, even if the youtube stream isn't his personal stream
    Nobody who is currently on twitch is going to be streaming on YT as a result of this deal. This is exclusively for Blizzard sponsored events like MDI.

First time MDI was pretty cool - but now? Every team has nearly the exact same comp and exact same strat. It's just boring.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Nobody who is currently on twitch is going to be streaming on YT as a result of this deal. This is exclusively for Blizzard sponsored events like MDI.
    Thats not what i'm asking, i'm not talking about their personal streams being on youtube. What i mean is, can streamers with exclusive Twitch contracts still take part in Blizzard Events since those events will now be on youtube while those streamers aren't allowed to stream anywhere else.

For example: Can Sloot and Nagura still cast the MDI should they be invited again since iirc they are both signed to twitch. But also someone like ThijsNL who is a prominent Twitch Streamer, can he still take part in Heartstone grandmasters now thats on youtube while he has a exclusivity deal with Twitch. Or will those ppl need to choose between Twitch and Blizzard Events.

Thats not what i'm asking, i'm not talking about their personal streams being on youtube. What i mean is, can streamers with exclusive Twitch contracts still take part in Blizzard Events since those events will now be on youtube while those streamers aren't allowed to stream anywhere else.

For example: Can Sloot and Nagura still cast the MDI should they be invited again since iirc they are both signed to twitch. But also someone like ThijsNL who is a prominent Twitch Streamer, can he still take part in Heartstone grandmasters now thats on youtube while he has a exclusivity deal with Twitch. Or will those ppl need to choose between Twitch and Blizzard Events.
    This is a platform change for Blizzard, not its players. The answer is obviously yes.