Page 86 of 89 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    Lol critics score, the last group I'd expect an unbiased opinion from...some are shills..audience score is what matters, cuz they got no financial agenda to defend anything.
    The audience score that is consistently brigaded and completely without any objective merit whatsoever?

Why would I ever give any credence to that figure? Critics are professionals who do this for a living, and have standards they're held to. You might disagree with a given critic, sure, but if the critics are all saying that a film is "fine", and you're insisting it's absolute garbage crap bullshit, it's pretty clear who the crank is; it's the rando on the Internet rather than the collective opinion of all major critics.

You're literally arguing there's a grand conspiracy among critics, based on nothing. Conspiracy-theory nonsense isn't an argument.

Heck, here's the Google reviews link; https://www.google.com/search?q=obi-wan+kenobi+reviews

I want to point at the graph, and how the majority of viewers rank it as 5 stars, with a smattering of 2-3-4 reviews, and then a massive spike of 1-stars. That's what brigading looks like, when there's a sudden burst of 1-star reviews.

By comparison, here's A Phantom Menace's page; https://www.google.com/search?q=phantom+menace+reviews

No big spike of 1-stars, because there's no effort to brigade it. Just a natural curve.

Or for a current example, the Mandalorian; https://www.google.com/search?q=mandalorian+reviews

No spike of 1-stars. No brigading.

The Mandalorian was way better. It deserves that nearly-perfect scoring. Obi-Wan Kenobi was fine, though. I can't take you seriously if you're claiming it was "garbage", because that's simply not accurate, and you're clearly pushing an agenda that has nothing to do with the actual show.
    Last edited by Endus; 2022-07-03 at 04:06 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    I rest my case, bunch of shills gobbling those disney dicks, for a shitty movie..
    https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/sta..._the_last_jedi

Well, at least these 'critics' get paid, you don't get shit, endus, you are just doing it for no reason other than being contrarian.

It's the one we've been waiting for.

August 25, 2018 | Rating: 5/5 | Full Review…

Kambole Campbell
    TOP CRITIC
    No, it's not, this critic is either retarded or shilling

With Johnson at the helm, the torch-along with the lightsaber-is safely passed to a new generation.

December 20, 2017 | Full Review…

Carrie Rickey
    TOP CRITIC
    LULZ

Damond Fudge
    KCCI (Des Moines, IA)
    Jul 17, 2020
    Rian Johnson has given us a breathtaking visual spectacle to go along with his plot, one which respects the viewer's intelligence and doesn't just hand-feed you. It's not just the characters that get a dose of expansion, but the saga as a whole.

Chris Sawin
    Reel Rundown
    Sep 2, 2019
    Brilliantly mesmerizing with a dazzling use of color, the action sequences are perhaps the best they've ever been, and the comedy in the film made a guy who generally rolls his eyes at everything laugh like a fool for two and a half hours straight.
    Full Review | Original Score: 5/5
    I think this guy is hitting us on the head that he is being paid for this n that he really laughed at how bad it was.
    Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2022-07-03 at 04:31 AM.

Herald of the Titans PickleballAce's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    All of the Inquisitors were pretty shit parts of the show, tbh. Nothing to do with race or gender, just cringeworthy acting (even for Star Wars).

Agree with the sentiment that it was a mediocre series bailed out by a strong finish, even if the climax was a bit derivative.

Critical rating for The Last Jedi on RT is 91%, for fuck sakes. Thankfully critics are becoming less and less relevant as time goes on.
    "yOu aRe wRoNg" - Darththeo

Always liked Obi Wan and Ewan Mcgregor... but sadly the series is just dull and bland. Will give s02 a shot, but doubt I'll keep watching it.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Always liked Obi Wan and Ewan Mcgregor... but sadly the series is just dull and bland. Will give s02 a shot, but doubt I'll keep watching it.
    But it's 83% on Rotten Tomatoes!

Such a hilarious thread so far. ‘I want you to agree with me!’ ‘No I want you to agree with me!’

Err…just watch the show? What does it matter if anyone agrees or disagrees with you? Waste of time arguing with faceless folk online…

Quote Originally Posted by Relikk View Post
    But it's 83% on Rotten Tomatoes!
    I have zero owls to give.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have zero owls to give.
    Hi, I'm selling these fine givable owls...
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Crying about how much you hate Star Wars is an interesting personality trait some have adopted. Maybe go find stuff you actually love and celebrate that instead of demanding everyone hate what you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Snuke View Post
    Crying about how much you hate anything is an interesting personality trait some have adopted. Maybe go find stuff you actually love and celebrate that instead of demanding everyone hate what you do.
    Fixed this. Better way to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    If it was really that bad, why would you even entertain the thought of giving S2 a go?
    You make it sound like it's all black and white.

I find it dull and bland, but it has potential. I didn't say it was the worse shit I've ever seen. If I think things can get better I can give it another go... I don't think giving things a chance is such a sacrifice. It's not much of my time exactly.

Good to see the mindless back and forth is still going strong.

Will be back in a few more weeks to see if it's still going then.

- - - Updated - - -

If I think things can get better I can give it another go... I don't think giving things a chance is such a sacrifice
    Going by that mantra, everything utterly shit you see can actually 'get better', so, you'll just watch all of it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post

Going by that mantra, everything utterly shit you see can actually 'get better', so, you'll just watch all of it anyway.
    Never thought people having different opinions and views would turn out this ridiculous this quickly...
    It's not like I even said anything controversial... it's just basic human behavior. People tend to give things a chance if they see potential...

Somehow that offends people. Are you mad because I disliked the show or that I would give it another chance? Why would my opinion and actions even matter?

Your version of "my mantra" isn't my mantra. If I dislike things and I don't want to give it another chance, I won't. If i disliked something but it could be good and I feel like giving it another chance, then I will...
    has nothing to do with everything has be given a chance all the time like you portrayed. It's a case on case basis. I imagine you have given things a chance as well in your life...
    Last edited by Kumorii; 2022-07-03 at 02:03 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    I rest my case, bunch of shills gobbling those disney dicks, for a shitty movie..
    https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/sta..._the_last_jedi

Well, at least these 'critics' get paid, you don't get shit, endus, you are just doing it for no reason other than being contrarian.

No, it's not, this critic is either retarded or shilling

LULZ

I think this guy is hitting us on the head that he is being paid for this n that he really laughed at how bad it was.
    Do you ever look in the mirror when you say this or is self awareness not a thing for you?
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    You made it black and white lol "just dull and bland" leaves no room for anything grey, you never said anything about "potential." From that post, its pretty easy to surmise that you simply did not like what you watched at all. So why on Earth would ever bother with S2, when it would most likely just be more of the same.
    EDIT:
    Fuck it, cba defending a basic opinion which I'm quite baffled at the response it got.
    Last edited by Kumorii; 2022-07-03 at 02:45 PM.

Never thought people having different opinions and views would turn out this ridiculous this quickly...
    It's not like I even said anything controversial... it's just basic human behavior. People tend to give things a chance if they see potential...

Somehow that offends people. Are you mad because I disliked the show or that I would give it another chance? Why would my opinion and actions even matter?
    If you look back through every Star Wars thread on this forum you'll see the same handful of windbaggish bores that rarely ever actually talk about the show/movie and just whine about other peoples opinions of it (usually people with genuine criticisms and who thought it could, and should have been better), with timeless zingers such as "don't watch it then" or the old reliable derivatives of "nobody hates Star Wars more than Star Wars fans".

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Relikk View Post
    If you look back through every Star Wars thread on this forum you'll see the same handful of windbaggish bores that rarely ever actually talk about the show/movie and just whine about other peoples opinions of it (usually people with genuine criticisms and who thought it could, and should have been better), with timeless zingers such as "don't watch it then" or the old reliable derivatives of "nobody hates Star Wars more than Star Wars fans".
    Yeah, pretty much this...

The funny part is the people who hate star wars continuing to hate watch while telling everyone else they’re wrong to enjoy something.

Your version of "my mantra" isn't my mantra. If I dislike things and I don't want to give it another chance, I won't. If i disliked something but it could be good and I feel like giving it another chance, then I will...
    has nothing to do with everything has be given a chance all the time like you portrayed. It's a case on case basis. I imagine you have given things a chance as well in your life...
    lol, what an absolutely silly rant over a basic statement.

I'm not mad, i'm not offended, nor did i read too much into what you wrote before. I just found it amusing and commented on it.

Goes to show how absurd frequent users on these boards are. Thanks!