Page 82 of 89 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost of Cow View Post
    Maybe, but I'm sure if I wore a shirt that said, "The Force is male" I'd have a free one-way ticket to being called a million -ists and -isms, so lets be honest here. Gendered pandering is gendered pandering no matter which gender it is.
    And if you walked around with a "White Lives Matter" shirt on, people would assume you're a white supremacist. Rightly. Because context exists, and feigning otherwise just let's everyone know it's deliberate.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    And if you walked around with a "White Lives Matter" shirt on, people would assume you're a white supremacist. Rightly. Because context exists, and feigning otherwise just let's everyone know it's deliberate.
    Except one is actually in reference to a named group with a lot of context, and the other is gendered pandering that just happens to be deemed acceptable.

At least be honest about what it is. It's not like there's some "Female Force Matters" movement or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Except one is actually in reference to a named group with a lot of context, and the other is gendered pandering that just happens to be deemed acceptable.

At least be honest about what it is. It's not like there's some "Female Force Matters" movement or something.
    I am sorry, but do you think that every men centric ad is instantly labeled sexist or misogynistic? There are tons of male targeted pandering in the world.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    I am sorry, but do you think that every men centric ad is instantly labeled sexist or misogynistic? There are tons of male targeted pandering in the world.
    Extreme red herring alert.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Yeah cause women have always been treated equally and had the same rights as men right? They were always allowed to vote. Never had to fight for any rights, and don't have a bunch of men telling them what they can and can't do with their body
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    Yeah cause women have always been treated equally and had the same rights as men right? They were always allowed to vote. Never had to fight for any rights, and don't have a bunch of men telling them what they can and can't do with their body
    Also a red herring?

What do these things have to do with the topic? We're not talking about a shampoo commercial or voting rights. Really weird that people are bringing these things up in the first place, as if it would somehow excuse bad actions.

Well...this show was complete garbage...the entire point of the show was centered around the blacvk inquisitor chick,but they knew she sucked both as a character and as an actress,so they had to sacrifice belioved characters like kenobi and vader at its altar....sigh

10+ Year Old Account
    Also a red herring?

What do these things have to do with the topic? We're not talking about a shampoo commercial or voting rights. Really weird that people are bringing these things up in the first place, as if it would somehow excuse bad actions.
    You call it pandering. We call it awareness. It's not a red herring you just know you are wrong and can't argue against it.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

You call it pandering. We call it awareness. It's not a red herring you just know you are wrong and can't argue against it.
    How is declaring "The Force" to be female "awareness"? Awareness of what?

And yes, talking about things like voting rights IS a complete red herring in this case. You can't just say, "but voting! Hah, you lose!" every time someone questions something a woman does.

10+ Year Old Account
    How is declaring "The Force" to be female "awareness"? Awareness of what?

And yes, talking about things like voting rights IS a complete red herring in this case. You can't just say, "but voting! Hah, you lose!" every time someone questions something a woman does.
    wooooosh.... go on and be you. I could not care less to change your opinion.

wooooosh.... go on and be you. I could not care less to change your opinion.
    There's nothing to change, I don't even view the act itself negatively. I just wish people could be honest that it's not some holy noble act and is just a group wanting to flex a little when it's socially acceptable to do so. It's not like she used the platform for something useful, it was just a silly girl power thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Extreme red herring alert.
    Tell me you don't know what a red herring is without telling me you don't know what a red herring is.

You made the claim that if you made a male gender pandering campaign it would be labeled as an -ist.
    I am asking you if you actually believe that all male gender pandering is labeled as such.

Given your response here, your answer is no which makes your original complaint invalid.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

10+ Year Old Account
    Tell me you don't know what a red herring is without telling me you don't know what a red herring is.

You made the claim that if you made a male gender pandering campaign it would be labeled as an -ist.
    I am asking you if you actually believe that all male gender pandering is labeled as such.

Given your response here, your answer is no which makes your original complaint invalid.
    inb4 it's only pandering because it's for a female.

We're not talking about commercials or something here. Of course marketing targets people by gender and that's expected.

I asked if I wore a, "The Force is male" shirt what would happen. And people just can't really be honest about it.

- - - Updated - - -

inb4 it's only pandering because it's for a female.
    Yes, start tossing the -ists around. You're such a winner! +social credits for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    We're not talking about commercials or something here. Of course marketing targets people by gender and that's expected.

I asked if I wore a, "The Force is male" shirt what would happen. And people just can't really be honest about it.
    You are contradicting yourself.

We are talking about a marketing toward woman. That's the subject.
    –The Sith Code

You are contradicting yourself.

We are talking about a marketing toward woman. That's the subject.
    No we're not. We're talking about specific, exclusionary language used in reference to a work/setting/whatever you want to call it.

Again, what do you think of a, "The Force is male" shirt. You seem to want to keep dodging that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, start tossing the -ists around. You're such a winner! +social credits for you.
    Can you quote where I said any word with "ist" in it? freudian slip?

Can you quote where I said any word with "ist" in it? freudian slip?
    Oh yes, because you definitely weren't saying it. Sure, everyone here is 8 years old and can't see what you're doing, you got us.

10+ Year Old Account
    No we're not. We're talking about specific, exclusionary language used in reference to a work/setting/whatever you want to call it.

Again, what you you think of a, "The Force is male" shirt. You seem to want to keep dodging that.
    If men were treated the same as females throughout history I would think the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just once, I'd like to have a Star Wars thread where the main topic WASN'T complaining that there's girls in Star Wars now.