Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    For now, at least. You can expect this to get appealed to a higher court such as the ECJ, but it'll probably take a couple of years until that gets settled.

Hope this will make people stop preordering games.

Meh, I only pre-order new games once per decade or something, and when I do I know it's A) Coming out and B) I want it. Last time was RDR2 Ultimate Edition (physical box).

This won't make a difference to me, but hopefully it deters the less choosy people from making pre-purchases willy nilly. Just look at the Day of Dragons debacle.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2020-01-26 at 04:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    For now, at least. You can expect this to get appealed to a higher court such as the ECJ, but it'll probably take a couple of years until that gets settled.
    Where it will get nowhere without a change in law. There's a stipulation in EU 14 day return law where if you download anything your return can legally be denied. The eShop makes you download something to purchase

The article does state that this only applies once the game actually gets preloaded.
    Just wanted to put that out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmagoslav View Post
    The article does state that this only applies once the game actually gets preloaded.
    Don't have 1st hand knowledge of this (don't buy a lot of eshop games, and have never preordered any) but it's been said you can't preorder off the eshop WITHOUT it preloading something, thereby triggering the loophole.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmagoslav View Post
    As states above you can't preorder on the eshop until there is something to preload. Before that the game page on the store just says coming soon with no option to buy.