Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    I mean, by most ToS's and EULAs, companies can ban you from their services because your name is Fred and they don't like people named Fred, so trying to argue with them is like arguing with a brick wall most of the time.
    Like yeah, at the end of the day we are wilfully choosing to enter an unequal partnership here, and our only recourse if we don't like it is.. walk away.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    But you can get information on why you were banned. Why not just actually tell us what this guy did to get banned rather than expect us to fish for the information? Seems to me like a dude did something wrong, got banned and can't get over it. Good
    Exactly. They literally email you the reason for the ban. This video is just dishonest "I swear I don't know what I did wrong!" nonsense.

If you ever actually needed them, maybe you'd have a different opinion. Maybe I'd even understand you being entitled to an opninion, twat

Hello, im a big LTT fan and even I am sure that Luke did something stupid. Im 99% sure he played with a VPN on or something silly - I highly doubt he bots or anything through, hes a casual player in classic really.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

"Hey guys - I think Blizzard is bad"

also

"Sounds a lot like you're a bunch of fanboys for not agreeing with me"

Oh dear oh dear

- - - Updated - - -

I challenge OP to find one person who has been banned for 6 months + for no actual reason
    I have been banned for no reason
    Last edited by yomammyass; 2020-01-25 at 09:45 PM. Reason: being banned sucks :(

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bugs View Post
    it means that Blizzard can do whatever the fuck they want and just write a standard email to cover their ass.
    Well, I mean they totally can do whatever the fuck they want. It's very clear early on in the ToS.
    Here is something to believe in!

Quote Originally Posted by The Dark One View Post
    Well, I mean they totally can do whatever the fuck they want. It's very clear early on in the ToS.
    and you waste your time and money on something that isn't yours and can be taken away, dunno if to cry or to laugh since I am in a same situation

Quote Originally Posted by Savant View Post
    and you waste your time and money on something that isn't yours and can be taken away, dunno if to cry or to laugh since I am in a same situation
    It's our life nowadays, you can lose access to most games now (even single player) by no fault of your own

10+ Year Old Account
    While it is possible that its a false positive, you can appeal that. Showing your ass during that appeal is probably a really BAD idea.

No one is ever banned 'for no reason', There is ALWAYS a reason. They even tell you that reason in an email that they send to the address that you give them, so no one can claim they dont know why they were banned.

While you might not agree with a ban you might receive, that doesn't constitute 'no reason'.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Savant View Post
    Hey, we've all been there at some point. I got a Permaban in MoP. Unlike the OP I'm not going to lie and shirk blame, I deserved it.

I just dusted myself off and started over.
    Here is something to believe in!

Quote Originally Posted by fruitypebble View Post
    If they don't tell you what you were banned for, it's because you did something bad enough that detailing it in an email would aid in reverse engineering their detection techniques.

AKA, don't be a douche and you'll never get those emails.
    I got a 3 day ban in TBC. How was I to know you couldn't list something on the neutral AH for less than the price it auto generates. I just wanted to get a BOE gun over on horde side for my hunter.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

From the video the claimed reason was for external program. So could include a wide variety of issues from botting, macros, code manipulation, and network manipulation. Macros could be used for other applications including streaming. Code manipulation could be from a buggy, malicious or anti-virus program. Network manipulation could be from a VPN.

I understand and support limiting information that can help malicious individuals from fine tuning their hacks. Not being specific of the violation being say botting or network manipulation is only effective if an individual is already performing multiple malicious behaviors.

False bans are a thing, but customer service is generally going to treat you like you did commit the offense, because most of the time that is the case.
    CS had similar response to players when authentication codes was getting intercepted and accounts hacked. CS took the stance that it was impossible for the authenticator system to be vulnerable and treated customers as if they was scummy account sellers. Took days and the issue getting wide spread before Blizzard believed their customers and fixed the issue. Imagine what would of happened with the attackers took a slower approach and avoided there being enough panic for Blizzard to recognize and properly investigate the issue.

5+ Year Old Account
    I challenge OP to find one person who has been banned for 6 months + for no actual reason
    Idk 6 months, but I was banned two months during Legion because stupid Warden thought that the PlayOnLinux app was botting software or something. I had to poke them for twice as long in order to get my game time reimbursed - which they eventually did.

Therefore, acting all self righteous, as if false positives were never a thing, is quite ignorant and/or disingenuous.
    Last edited by Soon-TM; 2020-01-25 at 10:37 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

last thing I am going to add is that people act stupid when they get banned, oh I didn't do anything wrong - later that day or yesterday, botted during a BG

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Idk 6 months, but I was banned two months during Legion because stupid Warden thought that the PlayOnLinux app was botting software or something. I had to poke them for twice as long in order to get my game time reimbursed - which they eventually did.

Therefore, acting all self righteous, as if false positives were never a thing, is quite ignorant and/or disingenuous.
    wine used to flag warden too IIRC

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    He got the information as to why he was banned in the email, he was looking for more info which the support can't give.

He did something wrong that affects mine and your gameplay why would you give him any sympathy whatsoever.
    Advertising dollars. I'm not clicking that link. You shouldn't either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

99% of bans are probably legitimate. We see it time and time again when botting ban waves go out..."but i didn't bot!" Blizzard has always had some of the best customer service.

Blizzard still has customer service? I thought it's all automated now and they laid the rest of them off?

Blizzard support is probably the best support in the world. From my experiences at least.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Six months...external program. He was probably botting.
    He mentions a VPN though. and i've seen peoples account get locked for that. though that was as a security measure/suspicious logon, not as a ban. which usually was lifted immediately once you got through to support.

chances are he had some dodgy software on his pc for work, that while unrelated to wow still got triggered, or maybe he swapped hardware one to many times or something, or maybe he was on a network with someone that did bot. (still if your job is that kinda work you should take precautions for your personal accounts. )

Between that and blizzards support staff probably being undermanned these days i wouldn't entirely rule out a false positive.
    Last edited by Hellobolis; 2020-01-25 at 11:12 PM.