Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by blankfaced View Post
    A lot of people are unhappy and need the endorphins.
    its not only about being uhnappy

in my case its perfect way to deal with stress from my work . solid workout then sauna and stress is going away instantly if you add to this massage once a week it really helps

Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    I understand the genetics aspect to things, but let's not lie to yourself either, you don't need to visit a gym to not look like an obese sloth. At the same time, can you look like a musclehead (think Gronkowski, literal definition of musclehead to me) without going to the gym, no.

- - - Updated - - -

Unsure on the dopamine one, but I'm loling if you think I'm going to hire you because you are buff.

As to the girls comment, I personally would never want to be with a girl who "chased after me" because I was buff. Why? Because as soon as the next buffest guy came along she would be chasing after him.
    lol the girl coment with chasing the more buffest is simply silly

most people will get an interest in others based on looks,its unavoidable,its the first thing we notice about people,their looks,if i get with you because you were cute or had nice eyes,or i noticed your hair,it doesnt mean ill dump you the second i see a person with a better hair style lol

Quote Originally Posted by Grokk View Post
    Ummm, I do it because I enjoy it? I enjoy the feeling of reaching new levels, attaining a better physique, being able to lift more and see my progression.

A few things:
    For me specifically, I don't have to go out of my way to get there, the gym is literally right off the exit I get off of to go home so it's on the way.

It's 10 dollars a month, this is as close to nothing as you can get. Cut out one sloppy ass value meal a month and there's your membership.

It's cost prohibitive for me to buy all the weights and different types of machines I would need/want in order to work out at home. Plus my house isn't huge, couldn't really fit a ton of equipment in there.

I feel much more laser focused when I'm at the gym than if I were to try working out at home. I go in with purpose and goals and I focus and get them done.

It cracks me up to see the condescension and hatred on display by some people in here,the idea that if you go to the gym you are somehow an extra on Jersey Shore or a definite dudebro. How about some people care about their health and it's more convenient and efficient for a certain percentage to take advantage of a gym as opposed to working out at home?
    I don't think OP meant why do people do it (from a health perspective since it is better than being an obese slob or just lazy mofo), he meant why do people tend to bother others with it, like vegans or bikers.
    (Most) Gym members are just annoying others with their activity 24/7, expressing the need to get more people in (like herba life guys)
    "Ahhh ahhhhh, ahhh, yeah, ahhhh, YEAH, YEAH, RIGHT THERE, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAhhhhhh" Jenna Jameson

Quote Originally Posted by VladimirM View Post
    I don't think OP meant why do people do it (from a health perspective since it is better than being an obese slob or just lazy mofo), he meant why do people tend to bother others with it, like vegans or bikers.
    (Most) Gym members are just annoying others with their activity 24/7, expressing the need to get more people in (like herba life guys)
    bother people how ?

i dont know even a single person bragging about going to gym or forcing their livestyles on others. because there is nothing to brag about.

gym is gym . maybe 30 years ago it was something special but nowadays you have like 5 gyms in 2 km radius in every city - its so common that is just part of life for most people now.

it' very important for health and convenient to have a gym at home

If you were not depressed and feeling something bad before starting gym, then what thing you assume to get result. I think a person who is feeling such issues in life, can tell the exact benefits regarding gymming.