Poll: How long would it take you to run a mile?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

How long would it take you to run a mile?

How long would it take you to run a mile on flat land in moderate temperatures?

I would say my best time is just under 11 minutes.
    Last edited by Doctor Amadeus; 2019-12-09 at 11:37 PM.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

15+ Year Old Account
    Something like 8-9 minutes when I was able to run that is. Can't run, or jog, anymore because my lung is fucked.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Best time last month was 72mins for 6 miles, and that was with 5Lbs strapped on each forearm.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can walk a mile in about 13-14 minutes if I'm keeping a quick pace, so an 11 minute mile seems unusual if you're actually running the whole thing.

I loathe running though, so I guess good job on actually doing it. My spouse is a runner, but no thanks. Yall better than me.
    intermittent unavailability
    please PM another global for urgent concerns

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

I can literally walk a mile in 12 minutes so if you're slower than that holy shit. And I'm out of shape - my fastest was 7 min and current is 8 min.

I ran 2 in 13:42 last Thursday. Getting old, use to be able to do that in about 12:30.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post

As long as it would take me to walk it. Running is for try hards.

God, I hate running. I'm getting flashbacks to me never getting the Presidential Physical Fitness award in elementary and middle school because of the mile. Aced everything else but cant run a mile for shit. I used to be able to sprint, though.

when i was in the army could do a 1.5 mile run at the peak of my fitness in 9.28 so around 6 mins back then, now maybe 10 mins.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

I guess 10-12 minutes, maybe lower.

The best mile was sub-5 minutes. Now 12 minutes. Getting old sucks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CerealLord View Post
    God, I hate running. I'm getting flashbacks to me never getting the Presidential Physical Fitness award in elementary and middle school because of the mile. Aced everything else but cant run a mile for shit. I used to be able to sprint, though.
    Yeah I got that one year we got a VHS video from Arnold Schwarzenegger sent to us to congratulate those who got it LOL

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    when i was in the army could do a 1.5 mile run at the peak of my fitness in 9.28 so around 6 mins back then, now maybe 10 mins.
    You still making the country proud. Yeah I've never tried it with 100lbs of gear on my back or whatever it is, for the military.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    The best mile was sub-5 minutes. Now 12 minutes. Getting old sucks.
    Yeah indeed and what is with this gray hair shit!
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    When I use to run a lot, many years ago, my best time was 38 mins for 5 miles. My goal was to run the 5 miles under 40 mins. Ran 4 times a week. Never tried to run as fast as I could for a min, except in the Army. Ran it in about 8 mins. That was when I was only 17 and had not trained to run a lot.

I do not run anymore. Instead I go for long walks along our nature trails out here. They have some pretty good steep parts, which gives this old body a good workout.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

10+ Year Old Account
    My last 1.5 mile fitness test was 7 minutes 18 seconds

3+ Year Old Account
    I have a torn ACL. I'll blame that.

15+ Year Old Account
    My last 5K, only 5K, was 27 something. It was on my list, I did it, it’s done.

I bike 30 miles an outing though sometimes 6 days a week if the weather is good.
    The most persecuted minority is the individual.

Running is a royal pain with fallen arches, it really does a number on my shins and knees.

That said I always walk at a very brisk pace and I can probably walk a mile in 10-12 minutes.

15+ Year Old Account
    I can't run anymore (medical reason), but I'm sure I can walk it in under 20.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald Hellscream View Post
    Running is a royal pain with fallen arches, it really does a number on my shins and knees.

That said I always walk at a very brisk pace and I can probably walk a mile in 10-12 minutes.
    It's better for you anyway. Running. esp if you do it on pavement, is hard on your knees, hips and back. You can get the same cardiovascular and calories burned health benefits by walking. Just takes longer.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I can run 2 km in 8 mins without an issue, so I guess I can run a mile in less than 7 mins. Having said that I'm not that much into the short stuff. I prefer running 10K and beyond. Got into running about 8 years ago after dropping a substantial amount of weight and it has become a hobby for me ever since. I've finished 8 marathons and 18 ultramarathons, the longest of which was a 100-miler with 24,000 feet of cumulative elevation gain (took me 29 hours and 30 minutes to finish). Definitely prefer ultras to road marathons cause they are usually on trails, so they are a lot more picturesque, and also the feet take a lot less pounding.