Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knight Meta View Post
    The aspect of Torghast itself is more than enough to grab my attention and if they just deliver on properly scaling it in accordance with how they say the tower will work: I can easily imagine myself being entertained for a whole expansion running that place down with all of the different classes of the game with or without some of my friends.

Ya'll just need to stop having your cake and eating it too. Or give constructive feedback so that Blizzard can pinpoint what to change; Not just go "LoOks BaD, BliZzArD fIx"
    While I'm not saying you're wrong, Blizz has a history of ignoring feedback, even constructive. Throughout the last few expansions parts of Warlock have been a great example

In Legion alpha they were told Demo is very clunky and unfun, in the beta they were told it was clunky and unfun, live they were told it was clunky and unfun...then Blizz finally threw in the towel and told us not to play the spec and that we had to wait till the next expansion to get fixed.

Drain Soul, been telling them since the BfA beta after it was nerfed that it was a DPS loss...they kept it that way till finally in 8.3 they buffed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    love how people ASSUMING there will be nothing else are prophets and briliant, yet people ASSUMING there will be something are idiots and wrong
    and btw, it have 2 big "main" features in reveal, so as much as wotlk (class and vehicle combat) so i guess wotlk was horrible expansion
    Don't quote me and then go off on a tangent about WOTLK. I said nothing about that expansion. If you can't stay on topic, don't reply.

As to me making an assumption, not one single expansion for WOW have they announced NEW features AFTER the reveal. Not once. The only thing they have done post reveal is REMOVE features. Calling people idiots is really just pathetic when it turns out YOU are wrong. There are not going to be any new features in the release. Perhaps in the patches, but we see how that turned out for BFA. Now go fanboi on someone else's time. Please. If all you have is name calling and rhetoric, you can move on. Bye.

It's still meh, not really motivating to preorder it. Let's also not forget how the devs ignored lots of beta feedback. Pushing to release before classes were done. The game is old, the ideas there coming up with aren't as great as the original writers. Danuser is just a hack.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwijello View Post
    Don't quote me and then go off on a tangent about WOTLK. I said nothing about that expansion. If you can't stay on topic, don't reply.

As to me making an assumption, not one single expansion for WOW have they announced NEW features AFTER the reveal. Not once. The only thing they have done post reveal is REMOVE features. Calling people idiots is really just pathetic when it turns out YOU are wrong. There are not going to be any new features in the release. Perhaps in the patches, but we see how that turned out for BFA. Now go fanboi on someone else's time. Please. If all you have is name calling and rhetoric, you can move on. Bye.
    i sugget you open dictionary and find word "comparison", then you maybe understand why i mentioned wotlk

glyphs were not announced at reveal, for example, hard mode in ulduar raid, heroic, mythic and later flexible options for raids, were not revealed with expansion reveal... neither mythic dungeons and later mythic+ system, war mode, or PvP brawls... mage tower, netherlight crucible, buildings on broken shore, or junkyard tinkering, essences and visions...
    seems like A LOT of systems were introduced during the expansions rather than at their reveal... you know, thats pretty much point of patches...
    but sure, lets keep things added in later patches not with release out of this, so Suramar comes to mind, that wasnt in reveal yet it was present in release, or farm in pandaria, or black market...

and you should learn how to read properly, i didnt call anyone idiots, quite contrary, i said people call other idiots for assuming something different than they themselves assume...

and yes, they did remove features they promised and couldnt deliver, which might be why they keep low profile and dont promise something that actually still can make it into the game but they are not sure...
    Last edited by Lolites; 2020-01-26 at 05:37 PM.

Shadowlands doesn't have any hook that is pulling me in. I really wanted to have a new race like tinker or necromancer, yet it seems that we are getting neither a new class or race (not a boring allied race, an actual race with their own starting zones). I also really like leveling yet it seems that SL will only have 4 questing zones, depending on what the Maw will be. Its a lot lower on new features in general aswell. The new customisation options are all nice and I'm looking forward to see more new lore.

Its to early to judge whether it will be a good or bad expansions, but so far it has generated the least amount of hype for me. Even WoD had me hooked on the updated character models and getting to see Draenor in its prime. Shadowlands seems completely disconnected from the world, and its zones will be disconnected aswell which I fear will make this expansions feel less like a world and more about just jumping around random zones that exist because reasons.

looks boring?

we haven't seen all that much of it yet, hold your horses with the bait threads till we actually have something to complain about.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    i sugget you open dictionary and find word "comparison", then you maybe understand why i mentioned wotlk

glyphs were not announced at reveal, for example, hard mode in ulduar raid, heroic, mythic and later flexible options for raids, were not revealed with expansion reveal... neither mythic dungeons and later mythic+ system, war mode, or PvP brawls... mage tower, netherlight crucible, buildings on broken shore, or junkyard tinkering, essences and visions...
    seems like A LOT of systems were introduced during the expansions rather than at their reveal... you know, thats pretty much point of patches...
    but sure, lets keep things added in later patches not with release out of this, so Suramar comes to mind, that wasnt in reveal yet it was present in release, or farm in pandaria, or black market...

and you should learn how to read properly, i didnt call anyone idiots, quite contrary, i said people call other idiots for assuming something different than they themselves assume...

and yes, they did remove features they promised and couldnt deliver, which might be why they keep low profile and dont promise something that actually still can make it into the game but they are not sure...
    I think you read a whole lot of posts and then decided to mash them all together and come at me. All you want to do is argue. I did not say a word about "comparisons" or WOTLK or which expansion was best, or anything else you want to argue about. I said SL looks boring based on the features it provides AND that no other expansion has announced new features after the reveal. You have touched on NONE of that. You simply want to argue YOUR AGENDA. Please, why are you talking to me when you are basically having a conversation all by yourself? If you can't stay relevant to MY SPECIFIC POST, and you refuse to actually comment on what I said, as opposed to what other people have said, stop responding. All you are doing is trolling at this point. Welcome to the block function. Enjoy your bridge.

Quote Originally Posted by Brenz View Post
    Doesnt mean you can't make an educated guess
    Do you know what "educated guess" means? It means a guess based on actual information. Of which we have next to none to make anything even remotely close to an "informed" guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwijello View Post
    I think you read a whole lot of posts and then decided to mash them all together and come at me. All you want to do is argue. I did not say a word about "comparisons" or WOTLK or which expansion was best, or anything else you want to argue about. I said SL looks boring based on the features it provides AND that no other expansion has announced new features after the reveal. You have touched on NONE of that. You simply want to argue YOUR AGENDA. Please, why are you talking to me when you are basically having a conversation all by yourself? If you can't stay relevant to MY SPECIFIC POST, and you refuse to actually comment on what I said, as opposed to what other people have said, stop responding. All you are doing is trolling at this point. Welcome to the block function. Enjoy your bridge.
    you said no expansion added features after reveal
    i write long list of features added to expansions after reveal
    and yet i did not touched what you said... interesting...

I'm excited for exploring the new zones, it's been a long time since we got otherworldy looking areas, and they are always my favorite. In terms of new hype inducing content/mechanics though, I have to agree. From what we know of covenants, I couldn't care less about them, it sounds like Garrison 3.0 + artifact 3.0. I already care little for the azerite essences that we have now and will soon lose, and the same will be true of all future content like them.

Everyone saying "wait till beta, we don't know enough yet, etc." haven't been around for very long. Few things to point out:

1. Typically, the announcement trailer and associated Blizzcon panels contain info and systems that end up getting cut.

2. Hype has been very high for past expansions. Why is there less hype for SL?

3. Hype != good expansion. BfA, for a very current example. Over 10 millions subs at launch, and (I'd wager) ~1 million right now.

In essence, people are skeptical of SL given how badly received BfA was, and by how few features there appear to be. At this point in an expansion pre-launch cycle, people are ecstatic to get into it. This isn't happening with SL. Also, with Blizzard's history of cutting announcement features, the already slim feature set of SL is in a very dire situation.

I'd say the longer we spend our lives on any one given thing, especially a video game, we will eventually get to the realization it just isn't for us anymore and that we are meant to use our time more proactively to benefit ourselves and those around us more and that's ok.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidwielder View Post
    We don't know enough. What they had for BlizzCon felt like was done in a few weeks, barely anything at all.
    That's pretty much what makes me worried. Supposedly, a proper development cycle takes 2+ years, but in Blizzcon they had very little to show, with only a year or so until launch. Assuming it will be launching in 2020, that is.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

I think the lack of a "seller feature" like new races, class or mechanic (like artifact weapons and order halls) is going to be a problem in generating interest for the expansion. These things arguably don't make or break an expansion, but I think that less people will be inclined to return for the expansion because of this. I'm certainly less interested myself. With that said, the last time I wasn't hyped about an expansion was for Mists and it turned out to be one of my favourites so I'll remain cautiously optimistic. If 8.3 is anything to go by though, I'm a bit concerned about the amount of content and most importantly polish.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Any source for this? Blizzard's confirmed an 11+ month drought?
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    11 months? where did you get this?
    As far as I know Blizzard hasn't said anything beyond that it would be out 'on or before December 31st, 2020'. That's 11 months. Yeah, it may be out earlier but it's a mistake to assume that it will be at this point. That only leads to assholes saying they read somewhere that it would be out in July or something.

When Blizzard releases an actual date then that's how long it will be. For now, it's 11 months.

https://us.shop.battle.net/en-us/pro...ft-shadowlands
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2020-01-26 at 07:27 PM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    1) They showed part of a zone at Blizzcon, right? That's all they usually show. Hell, it's all they showed in 07 for Wrath, one of the expansions people loved.

2) Wait until beta is valid now because we're not talking about fixing issues etc, we mean that when beta opens we'll get two things... reactions from some of us who get in and much more information released from Blizzard. Within a week to a month of beta, I think we'll have enough information to really judge what's coming out - if it's not in the beta or announced by then, it won't be in the release.

3) Is there any real point to saying it's boring or awesome right now? I mean... it will be whatever it will be but we don't have information, so no one can discuss it intelligently.

I've never been less excited for a WoW expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    That's pretty much what makes me worried. Supposedly, a proper development cycle takes 2+ years, but in Blizzcon they had very little to show, with only a year or so until launch. Assuming it will be launching in 2020, that is.
    I think they nailed it with the announcement of legion, but dropped the ball with bfa and sl.

We got a constant stream of information about legion after blizzcon with the beta starting in the same year as it was announced. It felt like it was worth to cut content from draenor and that they used the time on legion instead.

With bfa we got alpha in february with beta officially starting at the end of april. Shadowlands seems to follow a similar pattern, maybe even worse depending on the actual release date.

It also feels bad because we know a lot of stuff was cut just like it was done back in draenor, but it doesnt seem like it was worth it yet.
    Also 2020 launch is basically a given. I think blizzard will rather launch an unfinished game than delaying it into 2021. They also given a latest release date with preorders, which can come with some law issues if they can't deliver till then.

And educated guess can also use history as a factor.
    By using the pattern of previous expansions one can call it an educated guess.
    and given how unlike last couple expansion shadowlands is set for Q4 rather than Q3 and that there is no class, we can see that "patterns" are useless when it comes to blizzard
    only pattern they truly seem to stick to is expansion every second year

- - - Updated - - -

We have enough information now to ASSUME it is going to be whatever fits our narrative.
    here, fixed it for you

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    As far as I know Blizzard hasn't said anything beyond that it would be out 'on or before December 31st, 2020'. That's 11 months. Yeah, it may be out earlier but it's a mistake to assume that it will be at this point. That only leads to assholes saying they read somewhere that it would be out in July or something.

When Blizzard releases an actual date then that's how long it will be. For now, it's 11 months.

https://us.shop.battle.net/en-us/pro...ft-shadowlands
    Sure, it'd be silly to expect it to release on any given date at all, as that's mere speculation - however, Blizzard is very well aware of how popular droughts are, and will avoid another at almost any cost.
    Yes, 11 month drought is the legal maximum, but while it'd be ridiculous levels of optimism to "be sure" it'll release in, say, Q2, assuming they're aiming for the end of 2020 to risk delays to 2021 and being legally liable to refund any prepurchase is equally cynical.

Therefore the most likely answer is that they're aiming for the end of the summer as always, if nothing else because they know sales are best in that period.