Page 1 of 3
LastLast

BFA is now over, it's time for even the fanboys to admit it: this expansion was shit

I remember a year ago when so many people here kept claiming that the game was ok, that things would get better, that we were all just haters, and that we should go away because we were so negative and we didn't really like wow in the first place...where are you now guys? Is someone going to be braindead enough to actually tell me that the expansion was good now, or are you just going to swallow your pride like you should?

Would that make you feel better if some random on the internet acknowledge your point of view ? You're literraly telling us you dont like this xpac for over a year and you're still here posting about it ?

great way to start an engaging thread: by crapping all over people with a different opinion than you!

If you don't like BFA, fine opinion accepted. but it is still a subjective opinion and it seems to me you can not fathom that your opinion does not rule supreme... good luck with that!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voulzy View Post
    I remember a year ago when so many people here kept claiming that the game was ok, that things would get better, that we were all just haters, and that we should go away because we were so negative and we didn't really like wow in the first place...where are you now guys? Is someone going to be braindead enough to actually tell me that the expansion was good now, or are you just going to swallow your pride like you should?
    X is now over, it's time for even the fanboys to admit it: this expansion was shit

Y expansion has been gone for 4 years now, its time to admit it was not that bad yet.

BFA is not over yet, we still have awhile left with it.
    Unless shadowlands like releases in 2021 then its fine.
    but if it releases in 2020, which it will, its still FAR, FAR better then wod.

Wotlk
    Legion
    Mop
    Cata
    TBC
    BFA

Wod.

the expansion really aint that bad, its had alot of uneeded hate thrown its way.
    azerite was really only a problem at the start but with 8.1 it was fixed
    the rng aint that bad and with corruption replacing titanforging its much better.
    the raids have been great with each raid only having 1-2 bad bosses unlike some older expansions with like 4 just bad bosses per raid. or no "stand out" fights
    everything was "ok" but people are comparing it to legion, where pretty much everything was amazing.

but just like how everyone is saying wod was amazing now and BFA is shit, we will see in a few years "hey maybe bfa wasnt that bad" as has ALWAYS happened, you can go back to the old forums and see threads calling TBC the end of wow, that wotlk was gunna kill the game with its shit casualization, etc.
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2020-01-26 at 10:47 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Just like the last 2 expansions then.. Tell me something new.

15+ Year Old Account
    I dont know. I played alot this expansion. Not that it was that great but it was not bad eighter.
    I just rather have a full themed expansion like Wotlk, Panda and Legion.
    Hope Shadowlands will give me that vibe!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by paragraphgorilla View Post
    Just like the last 2 expansions then.. Tell me something new.
    just like every expansion since vanilla.
    i still remember people complaining about tbc ruining the game
    "no more 40 mans!? wtf is this diffierent difficulties bs!"
    "wow legendaries just DROP this is fucking ez mode"
    "Wow giving pally/shaman to the other faction? thanks for killing faction identiy blizz-cucks"
    "God dailies are horrible, remove them"
    "flying now makes world pvp officialy dead, thanks blizzard"
    then into wotlk
    "wow dks so op blizz fucking killing all other classes"
    "Wow the game is way too easy now, this is pathetic."
    "Wow so many shit raids, vault or archabor, tournoment of takes for ages, obisidan sancdum and not 1 but 2 rehashed raids in naxramas and onyxias lair!?"
    etc. i could go on.

i rmemeber lil old 12 year old me seeing the forums and thinking "but i love wow, i dont want it to die, everyone is saying its officially dead!" and i cried to my mom about it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Considering how far away Shadowlands is, there might be filler content still coming to BFA this year. Although they did mention Activision putting a focus on Shadowlands instead of BFA, so maybe it's coming sooner.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

What are your argument that prove that BFA is "shit"? I have read none.

I've enjoyed it. Otherwise I wouldn't play and especially pay for it... Why are so many stuck even though they hate the game? I can't grasp it... I've quit wow multiple times when I stopped enjoying it, it was easy... cancel sub, done.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    just like every expansion since vanilla.
    i still remember people complaining about tbc ruining the game
    "no more 40 mans!? wtf is this diffierent difficulties bs!"
    "wow legendaries just DROP this is fucking ez mode"
    "Wow giving pally/shaman to the other faction? thanks for killing faction identiy blizz-cucks"
    "God dailies are horrible, remove them"
    "flying now makes world pvp officialy dead, thanks blizzard"
    then into wotlk
    "wow dks so op blizz fucking killing all other classes"
    "Wow the game is way too easy now, this is pathetic."
    "Wow so many shit raids, vault or archabor, tournoment of takes for ages, obisidan sancdum and not 1 but 2 rehashed raids in naxramas and onyxias lair!?"
    etc. i could go on.

i rmemeber lil old 12 year old me seeing the forums and thinking "but i love wow, i dont want it to die, everyone is saying its officially dead!" and i cried to my mom about it.
    Okay but I don't care what you have to say

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by paragraphgorilla View Post
    Okay but I don't care what you have to say
    Cool so why are you on a forum if you dont care what people have to say?
    i mean i can show you people saying this back in the old days of vanilla and such if you dont care what i say, but do care what people of the time said.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lot-of-images)
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2020-01-26 at 11:03 AM.

Every wow thread on this site ever:

[Current average xpac] is the worst ever, because after 10+x years I'm bored with the game and i want everyone else to hate it to get confirmation. [xpac] does too much of [arbitrary, pointless shit] and not enough of [different arbitrary, pointless shit], if it doesn't change it will surely die. I'm too passionate about this because i'm addicted and can't just stop playing and need the whole world to know. REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

You people are unbearable. If there's one thing killing WoW, it's the terrible community.

The expansion is ok and you are just hating. Or you're just too tired of the game and wouldn't like anything anyway which begs the question why carry on? To keep hating?

Sure it's not the best work and it had and still has some shitty things but overall I think it was ok and I enjoyed many parts of it.

I liked it. But I've always had the self control most players seem to lack and don't go insane grinding AP or the new right azerite traits. I play to have fun and if an aspect doesn't seem fun I don't do it.

With that mindset the only issues I've had with BfA was that some class/spec designs were lame, but as I'm someone who plays literally all classes off and on, that hasn't been a big problem either.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    X is now over, it's time for even the fanboys to admit it: this expansion was shit

Y expansion has been gone for 4 years now, its time to admit it was not that bad yet.

BFA is not over yet, we still have awhile left with it.
    Unless shadowlands like releases in 2021 then its fine.
    but if it releases in 2020, which it will, its still FAR, FAR better then wod.

Wotlk
    Legion
    Mop
    Cata
    TBC
    BFA

Wod.
    WoD, unlike BFA, actually had a decent story. It had linear zone progression, where the story and characters were built up throughout the questing experience (unlike in BFA, where each zone story is self contained and do not interact with each other).

WoD also had Russell Brower as a composer, and had a lot of good tracks. Who could forget Malach and Blackrock? Not to mention the many other memorable WoD tracks, such as Shadowmoon, Magnificent Desolation, Warriors Journey, and A Hero's Sacrifice

I can hardly remember any music from BFA. Perhaps the rousing Alliance theme from the Battle for Lordaeron? Or the Tiragarde Sound Estate theme. That's it.

WoD has story and music over BFA, and isn't bogged down by BFA's terrible gameplay systems (*cough* Azerite power grind and RNG *cough* world quests locked behind reputation grind *cough*)

MoP >> WoD >= Legion >> BFA

Well Voulzy we knew BFA was bad before 8.1. Just realizing this than you're quite late to the party.

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    Every wow thread on this site ever:

You people are unbearable. If there's one thing killing WoW, it's the terrible community.
    The players are playing the new content, what you see here are the people who A) dont like the game and are just dishonest to themselfs or B) dont have time for this or any other MMO to play but could not find any other genre they like for gaming.

Threads with constructive criticism about very specific parts of the current game are from the players, the other topics that kept very general and allways negative are clearly from the forum-only part of the "gaming community".

Its fun to read either way between waiting for queues ingame or while taking short breaks, so I dont mind at all. The topic of "the dying game" is right now hillarious, its end of week-2 of the patch and people are online and grinding for progression and it seems more like an expansion start.

Just to keep it real, progression raider are farming GEAR-WorldQuests for UPGRADES right now, the gear-reset is that close to a new expansion start. If people dont like the game right now, they wont like shadowlands nor any other comming expansion/major content release.
    -

8.2 saved this expansion, could of been a lot better. Needed more testing and a more clear end point. Too many big names brought back to get silenced quickly after a patch. Too much going on, Kul Tiras, Zandalar either could of made a interesting expansions. Then you have Nazjatar, again we could of got a Azshara expansion to explore the depths. Finally and most criminally N'Zoth, ended just as he was released, with two old zones with assault mechanics. We should of been diving in to the deep end that is Ny'alotha.

That's on top of the storyline, the war between the Horde and Alliance was a damp squid. Bitch slapping as it's finest which ends with the Horde being evil again, yawn! Then suddenly redeemed because it was all that damn Sylvanas, it's just mustache twirling to the extreme. Poorly executed and then you have the Night Elves who were forgotten about after Darkshore, to suddenly have a lousy 8.3 cinematic where the female night elves are train emoting rather then cheering, eh?

Blizzard should look to the past successful systems they've developed and expand on them rather then throwing it all in the trash to try something new. Azerite didn't work. Essences should of been in the game at 8.0 to fill the gap of legendaries and artifacts. Warzones were a complete disaster, the fact these weren't pvp had so many people I know scratching their heads.

This is a lot of moaning but at the end of it, did I enjoy BFA? I have to say in spells yes, I did enjoy warmode. The raids and dungeons were top tier, the zones were brilliantly built alongside the musical score, amazing. There is something so wonderful about some of the Kul Tiras music, jolly yet hits you in the soul at times.

I'd give the expansion a 5 or 6 out of 10. Overall I had fun, but they should and could of done better. I worry they've thrown a lot of ideas in to patches when they could of been better developed ideas for expansions.
    Last edited by Razaron; 2020-01-26 at 12:05 PM.

Shouldn't you wait until you know how well they tuned the new raid on mythic?