Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Then you need to give your post more "ooomph" and spice.

Attack more aggressively. The best bet IMHO is to defend something that Blizzard does. Even something sensible like "we cannot refund you, because you used up the boost that came with the pre-order"

But beware to not get infracted. I usually manage to get away with an infraction every 6 months..usually drunk shitposting. Haven't had a ban in ages
    It's just so hard to defend Blizzard. But just saying the truth about Blizzard usually is enough to get the fanboys angry.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Savant View Post
    Judging by the garbage refund policies of Blizzard for W3 Reforged I am

Bumping this for reminder
    You Are not allowed to bump your own thread by the way.

also literally anyone and everyone can get a refund, just they are not doing it right, people bought it over a year ago, to refund it they cant do the automatic, they need to put in a ticket.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Or maybe its time for people to stop preordering all games, all games are digital they wont run out of copys and if you really want to pre order for something you get extra with the preorder, wait until its like a week away and pre order then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Protean View Post
    GMs can't do that. They have a very specific set of tools now and few of them allow them to mess with characters.
    Yea that's sad. I remember a GM turned me into a pirate back in wotlk after i reported being stuck. The GM himself turned into a dragon whelpling. It was pretty cool seeing them then.
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    That is not true. You can refund much more often then just once per 6 months.
    if you buy something, refund it, buy it again, then try to refund it they may deny you.
    but hell back during destiny 2, i prepurchased it, had to refund it as some emergency expenses came out. then later purchased it, tried it, didnt like it, refunded it. they allowed it (both within like 2 months) then was able to purchase it later when a friend convinced me to give it another try.
    Problem here with your statement is that you're not using a Blizzard product or service to base your conclusion on. You're using an Activision game and product that shares the Blizzard launcher.

At the end of the day, it is possible that Blizzard has this policy while activision doesn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Whats your point you want you money back for something you used? their policy is legit to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Eosia View Post
    All aboard the Manufactured Outrage Train!
    Yup, I've got my little white board on a stick all ready to go.
    Scheduled weekly maintenance caught me by surprise.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Problem here with your statement is that you're not using a Blizzard product or service to base your conclusion on. You're using an Activision game and product that shares the Blizzard launcher.

At the end of the day, it is possible that Blizzard has this policy while activision doesn't.
    my friend who prepurchased overwatch day it was announaced then refunded it the day it came out fine.

people are trying to use the automatic refund system on something they bought over a year ago.
    they need to submit a ticket, but people arnt for some reason.

oh alos to test this myself i refunded warcraft reforged.
    literally just need to submit a ticket.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    Pretty sure their 'cooldown' on refunds is illegal.
    no its not, the "refund" is only if you refund the same thing multiple times.

they only have to refund once.

the "refund cooldown" stops you from buyying a game, refunding, buyying again, refunding, buyying again, so on so forth, as refunding the game costs them money.

so no, what they are saying the cooldown is just so you dont do that, and that is perfectly legal.

as others have pointed out, you can get refunds more then once eveyr 6 months.
    but you cant refund the exact same thing time and time and time again.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by mhdoe View Post
    Whats your point you want you money back for something you used? their policy is legit to me.
    He didn't "use" Shadowlands.

Quote Originally Posted by Linuriel View Post
    He didn't "use" Shadowlands.
    You could argue that it's a "catch" and a "dirty trick", but if you purchase a bundle of the game preorder with character boost, and you use this character boost you have officially used what you bought. That's one of the reasons companies like to add 'bonus' things with their preorders.

As for the thread itself. Dunno, I have a couple friends who refunded blizz games, most recently warcraft 3, so they definitely don't stop you from refunding preorders.

As for refunding stuff you have used...there's no law that entitles you to something like that, anywhere. Imagine buying a car, driving it for half a year, and then asking for a refund. The fact that they even do that, albeit with a 6-month cooldown, speaks that they are at least a bit consumer friendly.

Meh... i play every expansion. Won't be different with SL.
    Also if you used the boni you get from the preorder, why do you expect a refund?

Just never pre-order. Simple as that. At release the product is the same.

I just want my collectables
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by Acelius View Post
    I refunded mine just fine, what's the issue?
    i know dozens of people in my guild alone that refunded it without issue... maybe bcs they didnt call blizz personel or game itself names? im 99% sure people whining about no refunding (and banning) are people who either never actualy bought the game, or never refunded, or were insulting towards support...

Learned my lesson not to preorder blizzard products, well that goes for pretty much any game these days but blizzard have shown not to trust what they put out.
    Do you hear the voices too?

This makes me wanna buy the game more, coz they don't handheld the dummies

15+ Year Old Account
    Easier to deny refunds when u add something thats non-refundable to the package ur selling.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

It doesn't affect me. I'm still having fun and have for the past 15+ years!!!!!

15+ Year Old Account
    I won't refund mine, I'm sure I'll enjoy it.
    Here is something to believe in!

A WoW expansion is pretty much the only thing i usually pre-purchase; cause i know i'll still be around when it drops.

Also; it's hardly surprising they won't give you a refund on a bundle where you consumed part of the bundle already...
    That's like ordering a happy meal, taking the toy, and then returning it without the toy for a refund.
    Last edited by Zmagoslav; 2020-02-04 at 11:52 AM.