Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Exclamation Let's not forget that Nzoth was originally planned to be a zone as big as Nazjatar

" In 8.3.0.30244 PTR, an intriguing map appeared in the game files, simply called "NZoth".

IS4 Studio made a whole video about this datamined map a while ago:

I'm just sad we never got a N'ylotha zone for 8.3, ie lovecraftian Argus.

Seems like they re-purposed the zone into the raid itself.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

I've never actually seen this before, some interesting stuff. Would've been cool to have N'Zoth being an actual part of Azeroth after he got released. This could've been a new zone for 8.3 while Nya'lotha remains a raid, rather than rehashing Vale and Uldum.

I am not sure what the implications of that are though. Why was N'Zoth there, does it mean he physically moved after his prison was broken? Because I have been to Nazjatar in 8.2, and I can assure you that I didn't see any Old God looming over it.

I suppose it would've been explained eventually, but that seems like a very odd location for N'Zoth. He physically wasn't in Nazjatar, his prison was located faraway from it.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

10+ Year Old Account
    a lot of content got cut in favor of shadowlands development according to this thread https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...8#post52029518

what could have been... sad stuff to think about...

not sure about other cases of rushed through/cut for time/scrapped-during-development cases but this one on all levels comes off as the worst to me. from the story direction (and subsequent cutting of the story), to the pigeon holing of nyalotha and n'zoth as just raid encounters... shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Racthoh View Post
    a lot of content got cut in favor of shadowlands development according to this thread https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...8#post52029518
    Imagine still thinking this is legit.

The "datamined zone" just looks like areas from the raid. Nothing more. Nothing was cut.

lot of stuff is cut in every expansion, for various reasons

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    I've never actually seen this before, some interesting stuff. Would've been cool to have N'Zoth being an actual part of Azeroth after he got released. This could've been a new zone for 8.3 while Nya'lotha remains a raid, rather than rehashing Vale and Uldum.
    Blizzard never uses old world "waaaaaaaah no reason to go there", blizzard uses old world "waaaaaaaaaaaah rehashing".

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    that thread has been pretty soundly proven to be bull pretty much every thing the op claims is either flatly wrong or has no evidence.

but of course that's not to be confused with the fact that some stuff doesn't make it in every expan and this is clearly one of those things though as you can see from nazjatar being in the video this was clearly made when they were working on 8.2 not something they had in production for 8.3 and cut off afterwords.

hmmm intersante
    wouldve been a cool zone
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    that thread has been pretty soundly proven to be bull pretty much every thing the op claims is either flatly wrong or has no evidence.

but of course that's not to be confused with the fact that some stuff doesn't make it in every expan and this is clearly one of those things though as you can see from nazjatar being in the video this was clearly made when they were working on 8.2 not something they had in production for 8.3 and cut off afterwords.
    Yeah dude whenever someone from a company comes forward to report on the state of things they're obviously gonna give their name so they can get shitcanned and sued immediately because they violated their NDA.

shiiit. if they HAD released that stuff/zone then this would be the epicness blizz had in the past. the vid alone was epic. fully featured with art and music, damn, its such a shame.

that damn idiots (foremost atvi management i assume). instead rushing the next halfassed crap, they should play out thing, take their time and bring that epicness that blizzard brought to where they are. these damn greedy idiots...

Implying that previous expansions didn't have similar things that ended up being changing during the development. I get it BFA is shit and 8.3 is not perfect, but let's not pretend like BFA and 8.3 were the first time things like this happened.

Without being clairvoyant, probably for the best. BfA has been a dumpsterfire, not worth the resources to salvage.

Hopefully Shadowlands will be good.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post
    Yeah dude whenever someone from a company comes forward to report on the state of things they're obviously gonna give their name so they can get shitcanned and sued immediately because they violated their NDA.
    go read though the thread nothing in it has any thing at all backing it up and alot of it has been flatly dispoven.

Quote Originally Posted by Rioriel View Post
    Let's never forget. Pour one out.
    Lets not forget that Nzoth as litteraly nothing to do with nazjatar to begin with. Nazjatar is supposed to be beneath the Malestrom.... Nzoth was emprisonned near Vasjhir....

All of this does not make sense to begin with.

That thread is more full of shit than a public toilet.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sorgesh View Post

" In 8.3.0.30244 PTR, an intriguing map appeared in the game files, simply called "NZoth".

IS4 Studio made a whole video about this datamined map a while ago:

Let's not forget that every patch to date has stuff that didn't make it into the game.

Is this another thread where we shame the devs for not releasing extremely early development content and smugly declare the expansion a hopeless trainwreck of missed opportunities?

Cool.