Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    If they designed the game that way than the players who aren't skilled would get frustrated and leave.

PVP is fine and gear does not matter that much, i've seen top 2200+ guys in the first weeks without the 75 on the neck and using green essences

Quote Originally Posted by meumaxu View Post
    PVP is fine and gear does not matter that much, i've seen top 2200+ guys in the first weeks without the 75 on the neck and using green essences
    Just because you've "seen top 2200+ guys in the first weeks without the 75 on the neck and using green essences" does not mean that "PVP is fine and gear does not matter that much".

Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    still here ? I said good bye.
    What are you trying to achieve here? The solution is pretty simple; either take the time to get the gear you need, or don't.

Nothing is going to change any time soon because you posted on a forum, and if you're just here to vent you can't expect everyone to be sympathetic. Like it's legitimately weird that you're straight up going in on people who are just honestly laying out your options.

Quote Originally Posted by Rantgod View Post
    yeah i don't know why they allow tanks in arena
    if you think this is bad,you should have played early cata when the vengance system worked in pvp before getting removed,blood dk and prot paladin teams in 2's were godmode,they couldnt die and did huge damage,only druid could stand a chance with enrage dispel

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    It's the state of PvE as well. Land the good corruptions in the lottery or get fucked. That's the entire game design philosophy at the moment.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Queendom View Post
    Just because you've "seen top 2200+ guys in the first weeks without the 75 on the neck and using green essences" does not mean that "PVP is fine and gear does not matter that much".
    Yeah, it's kinda like saying "hey these x amount of people didn't go to college and became billionaires, everyone should be able to do it too!"

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    What is your solution? I thought gear with special pvp stats (was it resilience?) sounded like a good idea. You know..you pvp and get pvp gear that helps with pvp? Not that people were happy about it. Ppl who mainly pve were complaining how they stood no chance.

in fact...I don't remember a time where the forum was awash in threads of "Hooray, pvp is great now"
    Yeah it was resilience. It was a good idea to check how that works and it partially worked. PvE only players were wrecked in PvP, but if someone was hardcore raider and PvP player, he could have enough resilience to stay alive and than top trinkets, weapons and set bonuses from PvE to boost damage and was wrecking anyone who only PvP. Nevertheless the game design changed and I think it's good that we use the same items for PvP and PvE. Getting PvP gear is also better than in the past and now we have also a variety of trinkets to choose from. But I would say there are two problems with gear in current state of the game.

First one is Blizzard AGAIN giving PvE players better items by giving them higher ilvl from some bosses than you can get from PvP and giving them extra good weapons and trinkets. I don't get why Blizz does that and it's a simple fix, firstly don't make some bosses drop better gear than you can get in PvP and secondly nerf PvE items procs in PvP hard enough so they are at the same level or worse than PvP trinkets (maledict meta wasn't really cool but at least was PvP oriented and favored PvP gear)

Second problem is the gameplay right now. It's all RNG and procs. A lot of the damage done are on-use trinkets, essences, corruptions, traits etc. It's random, it's not skillfull and it brakes the PvP because it's not predictable. I think anyone playing PvP can agree that random procs, 1 shot trinkets etc. are fun only to the player that has that gear. It's cool in world PvP but it's terrible design for any rated content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    What is your solution? I thought gear with special pvp stats (was it resilience?) sounded like a good idea. You know..you pvp and get pvp gear that helps with pvp? Not that people were happy about it. Ppl who mainly pve were complaining how they stood no chance.

in fact...I don't remember a time where the forum was awash in threads of "Hooray, pvp is great now"
    I've seen a lot of PvPers say the WoD gear was the best way to do it. Outside of PvP, conquest gear (BiS for PvP) was heroic raid ilvl but scaled to mythic raid ilvl when engaged in PvP combat. There was also a trinket set bonus which gave the player 10% damage reduction for using two PvP trinkets. Tier set bonuses were disabled in PvP and certain PvE trinkets got targeted nerfs iirc.