Page 1 of 2
LastLast

At what point does watching cartoons become unacceptable by age, if ever?

I don't watch animation myself, but I was thinking about it:

Video games could be lumped into this as well, but you could relent on that argument when you consider how popular they and varied they are.

But what about cartoons or anime? When, if any, age limit is there eventually? The age where it's just not normal to be engaging with this hobby? Like I know people will claim anyone can enjoy Disney, which is true. But that's selective and not speaking for the mediums in general. Like if someone was 40+ and enjoying Spongebob or MLP, would you consider that normal?
    [Infraction]

Mod Edit: This thread is closed.
    Last edited by Rozz; 2020-01-28 at 01:43 AM. Reason: Minor Trolling

Who cares. If you like it watch it. The only people concerned with being too old for such a thing are too immature to discuss the subject.

Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    would you consider that normal?
    I will let you in a secret no one is normal we all have weird freaky habits, things that would weird other people out, don't try to be normal do what you enjoy as long as it doesn't hurt anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    I will let you in a secret no one is normal we all have weird freaky habits, things that would weird other people out, don't try to be normal do what you enjoy as long as it doesn't hurt anyone.
    no, normal people watch sports. I'm one of those people. Nothing freaky about football.

7+ Year Old Account
    Completely normal. Watch what you want. Being afraid to watch stuff because you are "too old" is a sign of immaturity.

no, normal people watch sports. I'm one of those people. Nothing freaky about football.
    It is kind of freaky to want to watch men groping one another on TV rather than watching a cartoon.
    When in doubt. Derp it out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who is it that is either accepting or not accepting these actions? Why do they matter?
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Who is it that is either accepting or not accepting these actions? Why do they matter?
    it's a matter of fitting into human society. That's why it matters. You can't live as an anti-social NEET forever.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    My father turns 70 this year. He is currently binging Rebels on Disney+.
    well that's fucking Star Wars. Shit is for everyone regardless of format. Last I saw the SW cartoons are also notoriously violent.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you let someone shame you out of watching cartoons, if that's what you want to do, then you aren't an adult.

Youre adult, what what you want.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Altrec View Post
    Who cares. If you like it watch it. The only people concerned with being too old for such a thing are too immature to discuss the subject.
    Nailed it in the first response. I came here to say this also.

You do you OP, who cares what society thinks? It's your life after all.
    Here is something to believe in!

10+ Year Old Account
    Never? It's like asking at what age it becomes unacceptable to look at charcoal drawings. It's an art medium, not Santa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    You shitpost on an World of warcraft forum, like the rest of us.

This goes hand in hand with “do you play Nintendo games as an adult, even though they are for kids?”

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SavoirFaire View Post
    This goes hand in hand with “do you play Nintendo games as an adult, even though they are for kids?”
    So, "moronic questions being principally asked by Boomers"?

Y'all out here watching crap like Batman vs Superman and have the audacity to talk down about people that enjoy other art forms, lol.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

15+ Year Old Account
    it's a matter of fitting into human society. That's why it matters. You can't live as an anti-social NEET forever.
    What has watching cartoons/anime got to do with being social? The two are not mutually exclusive.
    Here is something to believe in!

You've got tons of posts in threads about anime where you gush just fine.

Not sure why you keep coming back, but it's clear there must be some sort of repression going on here. And yes, Anime = cartoons. Don't get me wrong, I don't judge, but you keep making threads under the guise that you don't partake. Which you do.

Short answer: It never becomes unacceptable. Look at Pixar.

I cant imagine a more sadder life than thinking/worrying about what others deem acceptable or not. We have laws for that so you dont need to think on it too hard son.

You could die tomorrow, no one gives a shit if you watched 30minutes of Deathnote
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Volatilis View Post
    You could die tomorrow, no one gives a shit if you watched 30minutes of Deathnote
    If it was the Netflix adaption, God might...

Sorry not sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post

Sorry not sorry.
    Well done, hecking well done even.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post

Sorry not sorry.
    Even death gods have better things to do than watch that
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.