Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Diablo IV on PS5?

It's more of a question when, not if.

Hate me all you want, but I found that Diablo 3 was more fun to play on my PS4 and a game pad than it was on a PC with keyboard and mouse.
    Except inventory management.

Here's to hoping it comes out at the same time as PC!

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post

Hate me all you want, but I found that Diablo 3 was more fun to play on my PS4 and a game pad than it was on a PC with keyboard and mouse.

IIRC they are planning for a release on every platform at the same time (more or less). PC will support gamepad and "couch multiplayer" aswell. They're designing the whole game as a multiplatform one, and i don't exclude seamless crossplay at this point.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

It will be on all of the systems.
    i5 3570k
    WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD
    16GB DDR3 1600 Ram
    Gigabyte GTX 670
    OCZ 120GB Agility 3 SSD

15+ Year Old Account
    That's great.
    Maybe you won't need more than one account to play on all systems.
    But if it's cross play, then I'll get it on both PC and PS5.

That's great.
    Maybe you won't need more than one account to play on all systems.
    But if it's cross play, then I'll get it on both PC and PS5.
    I don't think you need multiple BNet accounts, and i can see you being able to log in any platform and retaining your progress (even UI in all version is the same to accomodate both M/K and pad).

However PS/XBox may or not require additional subs to play online.

I have a friend who was the same as you, until he got to play a bit more hardcore on PC. He quickly changed his mind. Managing D3 gameplay with gamepad can be a great struggle if you want to push and not just mess around.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    I don't think you need multiple BNet accounts, and i can see you being able to log in any platform and retaining your progress (even UI in all version is the same to accomodate both M/K and pad).

You'll probably have to have multiple licenses to the game though. Similarly to how FFXIV works; each version is a license to play on that system, so if you want to play the same account on all available platforms, you need to purchase a copy for each.

Quote Originally Posted by A Blue Smurf View Post
    You'll probably have to have multiple licenses to the game though. Similarly to how FFXIV works; each version is a license to play on that system, so if you want to play the same account on all available platforms, you need to purchase a copy for each.
    Yeah, that's how it'll likely be.

Diablo 4k could be nice !

They will, the only types of games exempt from their pay for online services are free to play games (like PoE, Fortnite, etc) and subscription based games (like FFXIV)

Console Diablo 3 on launch was miles ahead of PC. Mainly because it had loot 2.0 while PC had that shitty stuff. And you could play couch co-op.

It was ironic that one of THE pc games was so much better on consoles.
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

on all console and pc for what i know, but go for the pc one, you will have a better gaming experience...

Yesterday ot's been teased that D4 will be in the PS5 event. So, news are coming.

i believe it will be since they wanted to make it for ps4 and xbox one. They should have enough time to port it to Ps5 and xbox series..and they should just quit production on xbox one and ps4 imo and stick to next gen.

Quote Originally Posted by ali725 View Post
    i believe it will be since they wanted to make it for ps4 and xbox one. They should have enough time to port it to Ps5 and xbox series..and they should just quit production on xbox one and ps4 imo and stick to next gen.
    It'll be a cross gen title. There will be 10s of millions of people that will not have the next gen consoles at time of release. Just like with D3, they released on PS3/Xbox360 knowing the new ones were already out. I would be surprised if launch was not PC, PS4/Xbox1 and PS5/XBX.

- - - Updated - - -

Yesterday ot's been teased that D4 will be in the PS5 event. So, news are coming.
    When is that?

Hopefully it will allow couch players to access menus at same time, like Baldur's Gate, Champions of Norrath, etc. Having to wait for each player to do everything separately was not enjoyable, at all.

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    When is that?
    It was during the presentation of the PS5, but it was basically nothing.

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeees!

Quote Originally Posted by CerealLord View Post
    Hopefully it will allow couch players to access menus at same time, like Baldur's Gate, Champions of Norrath, etc. Having to wait for each player to do everything separately was not enjoyable, at all.
    That is the plan. Even showed it off in one of the quarterly updates.

Quote Originally Posted by Arethusa View Post
    Diablo 4k could be nice !
    With HDR please!