Page 1 of 9
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

How has your horrific visions runs been going?

So we are now 3 weeks into 8.3 and maybe people including myself have been running a lot of horrific visions

Today I managed to get done my first full clear of a vision which I found a lot of fun and I found once you get the elite terminator talent it goes a lot smoother

how has your experience been and so far your success with horrific visions?
    Last edited by Fawkess; 2020-01-29 at 09:51 PM.

Full cleared Orgrimmar with ease as solo, struggled to even do 3 objectives in Stormwind

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Exorzon View Post
    Full cleared Orgrimmar with ease as solo, struggled to even do 3 objectives in Stormwind
    Yeah Stormwind is a lot harder than Orgrimmar especially for melee, they really need to look at toning it down

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Riptor View Post
    So we are now 3 weeks into 8.3 and maybe people including myself have been running a lot of horrific visions

Today I managed to get done my first full clear of a vision which I found a lot of fun and I found once you get the elite terminator talent it goes a lot smoother

Gave up on them. Very boring and repetitive especially as End expansion content . Some classes can do well, others cant. Terrible design. almost impossible to find groups for them as well. Only time i got in agroup, the Vision glitched and booted us all out and we all lost our vessels. Wont do that again
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

10+ Year Old Account
    They’re crap as a mage. Utter crap. It’s not even fun, it’s just frustrating constantly being interrupted and knocked around unable to even start a cast wtf.... Add onto that the timer, which creates an artificial feeling of being rushed (horrible, timers ruin everything and are NOT fun gameplay and never have been), and this is easily my least favorite content ever introduced in the game, and possibly any game for that matter. Just plain horrible.

Done 4/5 so far.

It's gonna get much easier with gear and full titanic research tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Riptor View Post

We're enjoying them. I'm doing it in a group of 2, me and one other, both melee. Tank and dps. We are solely focused on just upgrading the cloak as the rewards aren't quite worth the risk yet.

Stormwind was a slap in the face as far as difficulty goes but we watch some youtube guides and cleared 2 corrupted zones and alleria on our first run to get the cloak upgrade quest item.

So far we have been focused only on upgraded the cloak, we're at rank 8 as of last night.

Clearing 2 zones and final boss rewards us with a mediocre item usually and the required quest upgrades. Mementos, etc. We haven't hit the elite terminator yet, should have enough later this week however.

Looking forward to full clears as they will be needed for future cloak upgrades. We're stock piling some vessels because I *think* we're going to need 4 runs or more at some point to get the cloak upgrade for later ranks although it's really hard to tell with the differing information on websites.

Currently we clear the lesser vision quest each day + the dailies and the two assaults each week. No extra vision farming.

The visions seem fun because of their challenge and it'll be interesting to see how the masks change up strategies in the next few months. I think it's great to see them trying something new like this even if it's not perfect. I look at visions and just think they could have done so much more, a lot of wasted potential having it as only two zones.

I have mixed feelings about the timer. I like that it's a challenge with consequences. We make sure we're doing food buffs, flasks, taking a hard look at talents, traits, essences to see what gives us the best advantage for that content before we go in.

At the same time, that challenge means there is no exploration, similar to islands. We get in, we meet the goal, and we're done. Take no chances/risks. I assume after cloaks are maxed out and we're messing around with masks that the risk is going to go away. Rank 15 cloak means we've essentially hit our max so failed vision runs don't have the potential to push us back a week.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Did a full clear and a +3 with mask as havoc dh. Those masks are insane, it's gonna be real hard to do it with all masks.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

I've had mixed results, overall positive.
    I scuffed 2 runs and had to grind out dailies to make rank 7 last week, been staying away from any and all guide videos to try and preserve some sense of discovery, especially cause after raid prog this will be the new cheese.

I'm happy with it though, even playing a simple class like Hunter this has pushed me to use more of my kit (hadn't used my traps in a long time in a PvE setting)
    I haven't gotten the sanity back on Elite kill trait yet, however the cheat death passive was huge for helping me brute force dumb mechanics I didn't understand right away (lost a run due to burrowing tentacles and being stuck in combat, hit 0 sanity with 3 available orbs :'( )

Hate them.

Quote Originally Posted by Exorzon View Post
    How is this honestly possible? How many bonuses from the table do you have? What is your Ilvl?
    Last edited by Varitok; 2020-01-29 at 11:21 PM.

can only do 2 areas, so if you need more later on i will have to group up

Orgrimmar went alright I suppose... but Stormwind is such a pain in the ass, had no idea how to navigate and doing this as a mage is a pain in the ass in general.
    Last edited by Moonrage; 2020-01-29 at 11:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DazManianDevil View Post
    (lost a run due to burrowing tentacles and being stuck in combat, hit 0 sanity with 3 available orbs :'( )
    Fuck those tentacles, same thing happened with me the first time i encountered them.

15+ Year Old Account
    Stormwind I failed 2 of 4. Once was because I got feared into a group so couldn't kill before sanity ran out. Second fail was I just forgot to check sanity before pulling. I cleared both of the tier 2 corruption areas this week though. I both hate and like them. It sucks when you fail because you are playing catch up but when you have your cloak upgrades it is fun to just do them.

I wish we could get more upgrade currency from dailies and stuff though. It would help with the people that struggle. I play it as demonology warlock so its relatively easy to solo. The other major change I'd like to see is being able to use orbs in combat. No reason why we shouldn't be able to. And it would help a lot of situations. There are times I will use it prior to a pull to benefit during the fight to maximize the duration of them.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Othraerir View Post
    can only do 2 areas, so if you need more later on i will have to group up
    Nah, both the cloak and titanic research will make this quite easy once it's fully upgraded. Cloak upgrades go all the way to 80% resistance, which is almost three times as strong as the current max of 45%.

Fury warrior here. First week I wasted 4 entries trying to learn stuff.
    Yesterday I wasted another entry forgetting that adds can stunlock you. *I pulled everything for aoe*>. Died in a stunlock 20secs into it.

While I was cursing, someone said the cloak is capped at rank 8 anyway for now and I am at rank 8 cloak. Hope it is true.

Quote Originally Posted by Gref View Post
    While I was cursing, someone said the cloak is capped at rank 8 anyway for now and I am at rank 8 cloak. Hope it is true.
    It is true, after week 1 all further advances are a weekly quest. If you are not getting another quest, then you can't advance further.

Quote Originally Posted by Ladey Gags View Post
    They’re crap as a mage. Utter crap. It’s not even fun, it’s just frustrating constantly being interrupted and knocked around unable to even start a cast wtf.... Add onto that the timer, which creates an artificial feeling of being rushed (horrible, timers ruin everything and are NOT fun gameplay and never have been), and this is easily my least favorite content ever introduced in the game, and possibly any game for that matter. Just plain horrible.
    Basically this. I'm currently playing fire mage and it's just god awful. I'm enjoying them for the challenge that they are for my class, but there are so many things that have to be dodged and add in the bouncing you around fire shit from last week in Stormwind and it just felt terrible. I've only barely started doing them on my shadow priest, but I'm willing to bet if I put the time into my DH or DK I could probably already be full clearing them just by pulling massively and AoE bursting things down.

15+ Year Old Account
    I tried to 3 chest it then thrall killed me. lol