Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Possibility of community buying out Blizzard from Activision

How realistic could this scenario be in our universe? If we could pull off some public fund, raise money via kickstarter n shit and buy out the company. A company owned by players, utopic AF.

Blizzard is worth billions. Only huge corporations have the dough to buy Blizzard.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post

Blizzard is worth billions. Only huge corporations have the dough to buy Blizzard.
    ^^^^^^^^^
    For example, the company everyone praises that got bungie out of activision.
    is the company making diablo immortal, a company which makes tons of mobile games.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Lol.. how would players raise like 10 billion dollars? Let's say they do. Then what? What happens then?

Summed it up right there.

I mean... who's to say that there aren't at least some WoW players that are billionaires IRL. But even then I doubt that they would want to invest in a company that is already a shadow of its former self.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Lol.. how would players raise like 10 billion dollars? Let's say they do. Then what? What happens then?
    Even if they did... would ActiBlizz even sell it? Would they sell the IPs?

You can say "Blizzard is worth 10 billion dollars at this moment" but ActiBlizz is looking at what having Blizzard can make them in the future.

Remember when Bungie bought themselves out from under MS they had to leave Halo behind. What would Blizzard be without Starcraft, Warcraft and Diablo?

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    A. Hilariously not happening.

B. The community would have Blizz bankrupt within a year.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by pally2 View Post
    How realistic could this scenario be in our universe? If we could pull off some public fund, raise money via kickstarter n shit and buy out the company. A company owned by players, utopic AF.
    I mean... theoretically? Yeah its possible... realistically? You'd have a better chance of fund raising enough money to buy the Catholic Church, unless your close circle of friends includes Warren Buffet, Bill Gates and Mark Zuckerberg

I have seen many lore ideas, suggestions for Wow from the wow community throughout the years and all I can say that I am glad that activision took over

gotta keep quoting this because it's the only response it deserves.

this guy honestly wins the thread. there is no better response.

Tried to find a quick Alleria laughing image but failed. So I guess I'll drop the closest I could think of:

The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

It's a publicly traded company, so you're talking about convincing shareholders to go for divesting themselves of a property worth millions/year. Not likely.

Geez man... geez.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

5+ Year Old Account
    You can't be serious.

Are you being serious?!

Why dont we gather up WoW Tokens and buy them out that way?

Simply not worth it: before you waste money for a company like blizzard, you should rather buy a gaming company that's worth of their product. I rather invest in CDProject Red or a new company than giving money to activision.

10+ Year Old Account

Best first reply I've seen in a while

Lets set up a Gofundme page loool