Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    That should never happen. Blizzard is removing duplicate threads and frankly, if you go and deliberately do it after being warned, a vacation is warranted.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    That should never happen. Blizzard is removing duplicate threads and frankly, if you go and deliberately do it after being warned, a vacation is warranted.
    Exactly, as should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    I never understood blizzard logic. Instead of banning, they could just merge the threads into a mega ones. But they had to go the china cenzorship way. (and yes i know they are the owners and they can do whatever they want)
    It's why I no longer make use of the official forums. It's not a forum. It's a tightly controlled outlet for Blizzard to dictate the social environment they want. Say anything they don't like, and you get banned or deleted threads.

Which is entirely their prerogative. It's the same as the EULA and TOS. You don't own jack. Blizzard could delete your account tomorrow for no reason and you'd have no say. That doesn't make it consumer-friendly, but that's reality.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Savant View Post
    I fail to understand the backlash Blizzard is getting when it comes to the bans.

I see many Youtubers reporting about Blizzard is banning Official WoW forum users, for creating threads on 'how to get a refund' regards to W3
    and they are justifying the bans, as 'Blizzard is banning, because bad image no profits'.

Like come on, I have been banned many times on WoW Forums and ingame for stupid shit for years, perhaps they are banning due to the fact that the users don't follow forum guidelines?

Calm ya tits as the wise dwarf said.
    It's simple...people don't like getting in trouble for breaking the rules so people complain, people also don't like taking responsibility for their own actions so they complain.

Their are players breaking the rules and exploiting bugs and they still complain that they got banned.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Exactly, as should be.
    While I literally just said that Blizzard can do whatever they want with their own forums, I still think it's an overreaction. Close the thread, sure. But 3 day or week long bans seems excessive relative to the supposed offence of creating a duplicate thread, especially in a PR situation where players are already infuriated at the quality of your product.

Yeah, players are spamming their displeasure. What did they expect knowingly releasing a buggy product that isn't as advertised? Banning them is just making it worse.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    While I literally just said that Blizzard can do whatever they want with their own forums, I still think it's an overreaction. Close the thread, sure. But 3 day or week long bans seems excessive relative to the supposed offence of creating a duplicate thread, especially in a PR situation where players are already infuriated at the quality of your product.

Yeah, players are spamming their displeasure. What did they expect knowingly releasing a buggy product that isn't as advertised? Banning them is just making it worse.
    Please stop defending people who blatantly breach the ToS. Blizzard doesn't ban everyone that says something they don't like. They ban people who break the rules. If you see an already active thread about something but decided to make a thread yourself about the same exact thing just so the forums look uniform, then you deserve a ban.

10+ Year Old Account
    What did they expect knowingly releasing a buggy product that isn't as advertised?
    I suppose they expect their forum users to follow the rules.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

It's super easy to avoid a ban: just don't break the forum rules! Groundbreaking, isn't it?

7+ Year Old Account
    I've been posting my Warcraft 76 meme on their forums. I'm fully expecting to get banned...and I don't care. I'm not their customer anymore, and I haven't been for well over a year (I permanently boycotted them and removed all of their stuff from every device I own in Nov 2018, but I hadn't given them any money since I unsubbed from WOW in Oct 2017 - hilariously, at the time not intended to be permanent, just needed a break). But I can't help but watch the firestorm...it's like seeing a 26 car pileup and not being part of it. And I was able to post because I had the original WC3 registered to my account (bought in 2002, still have the CD's in a drawer - I may sell those if they get rare enough due to this).

Last edited by Stormspark; 2020-02-01 at 04:10 AM.

Blizzard indeed is trying to manage public image by blotting out negative comments. When I posted a thread on why Shadowlands didn't have a class and was light on features during blizzcon, it was deleted immediately and I was banned.

I suppose they expect their forum users to follow the rules.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Please stop defending people who blatantly breach the ToS. Blizzard doesn't ban everyone that says something they don't like. They ban people who break the rules. If you see an already active thread about something but decided to make a thread yourself about the same exact thing just so the forums look uniform, then you deserve a ban.

Are you guys this literal with everything? Yes, the rules are there to curb the worst kinds of behaviors, and to provide a framework for when people are actually out of line. But there are also exceptions. And what I'm saying is that when Blizzard gets super-literal with the rules and bans people when they're basically just venting about a situation which Blizzard themselves created and have not yet fully addressed..... then MAYBE there should be some consideration for that.

Swear to god I'm glad you guys aren't cops. You'd probably write a pre-teen a ticket for jaywalking to the other side of the street when the sidewalk was under construction.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ErrandRunner View Post
    It's super easy to avoid a ban: just don't break the forum rules! Groundbreaking, isn't it?
    It's super easy to not enrage your customers: just provide the product you advertised. Groundbreaking, isn't it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you guys this literal with everything?
    You enter Blizzard's house you play by their rules. I don't know that everyone is being banned forever. People talk about being banned from a forum when a lot of the time it's just a few days unless you're a repeat offender. If you are, well you were warned. Whoever is running a forum, be it Blizz, this place, Reddit or elsewhere, it's not too much to expect rules to be followed. You don't get a free pass because you're pissed off about something.

Are you guys this literal with everything? Yes, the rules are there to curb the worst kinds of behaviors, and to provide a framework for when people are actually out of line. But there are also exceptions. And what I'm saying is that when Blizzard gets super-literal with the rules and bans people when they're basically just venting about a situation which Blizzard themselves created and have not yet fully addressed..... then MAYBE there should be some consideration for that.

Swear to god I'm glad you guys aren't cops. You'd probably write a pre-teen a ticket for jaywalking to the other side of the street when the sidewalk was under construction.

- - - Updated - - -

It's super easy to not enrage your customers: just provide the product you advertised. Groundbreaking, isn't it?
    If you want to vent then post in the thread that already exists about that topic. People who post new threads complaining about the exact same thing another top thread is talking about don't care about the rules and made a new thread because they want attention. They deserve to get banned.

Quote Originally Posted by Savant View Post
    Like come on, I have been banned many times on WoW Forums and ingame for stupid shit for years, perhaps they are banning due to the fact that the users don't follow forum guidelines?

Calm ya tits as the wise dwarf said.
    See this is where you're wrong. They're doing all forms of damage control because WC3 reforged was literally being advertised(and still is) with many features that were supposed to be changed, but they didn't do anything other than update the models. Blizzard is actually actively breaking the law.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

You enter Blizzard's house you play by their rules. I don't know that everyone is being banned forever. People talk about being banned from a forum when a lot of the time it's just a few days unless you're a repeat offender. If you are, well you were warned. Whoever is running a forum, be it Blizz, this place, Reddit or elsewhere, it's not too much to expect rules to be followed. You don't get a free pass because you're pissed off about something.
    You may not get a free pass. I agree. That's why the new threads get deleted. But you should get some leeway when the same company that runs the forums has also borderline false advertised, made it hard to get refunds, while also delivering a buggy product.

So, like I said originally: Certainly, remove the duplicate threads. But handing out bans is a poor move that only serves to infuriate their customers more, and make Blizzard look bad. All for what? Because of dogged adherence to forum rules without consideration of the overall situation?

Well, they'll get exactly what they deserve, I guess: A worse reputation and a loss of even more consumer loyalty. Good trade to close those dupe threads, right?

- - - Updated - - -

If you want to vent then post in the thread that already exists about that topic. People who post new threads complaining about the exact same thing another top thread is talking about don't care about the rules and made a new thread because they want attention. They deserve to get banned.
    And as I said to MoanaLisa, Blizzard will get what they deserve too. It's a bad move by them, hands down.

Oh, and for the record, I have no stake in this. I didn't buy or pre-order WC3:Reforged. I don't post on the Blizzard forums. This is just my outside opinion on the matter.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2020-02-01 at 06:41 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinyc View Post
    I'm trying to think of a time someone was banned on the WoW forums where it WASN'T a forum Code of Conduct infraction or Terms of Use (for Blizzard websites) issue. People like to overreact and start drama where it doesn't exist because their rule breaking comment/thread/post got closed or deleted.
    i got hit with one back in mists for making legendary cape thread and people starting flagging it just because they disagreed with my thread.

got another for posting "we don't need anymore of these threads" in one of those infamous chick-a-fila threads that got spammed on the forums near the end of mists.

got another for saying the word vomit.

their mods are ban happy.
    Last edited by breadisfunny; 2020-02-01 at 06:39 AM.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

You are banned from the forums if enough people report you. In fact, many bans are automated and not even triggered by mods. For instance, I got banned 3 times for criticizing classic in the classic forums. You don’t get banned for doing that anymore because most forum users hate classic just as much nowadays and you don’t get flagged as spam by hundreds.

You may not get a free pass. I agree. That's why the new threads get deleted. But you should get some leeway when the same company that runs the forums has also borderline false advertised, made it hard to get refunds, while also delivering a buggy product.

So, like I said originally: Certainly, remove the duplicate threads. But handing out bans is a poor move that only serves to infuriate their customers more, and make Blizzard look bad. All for what? Because of dogged adherence to forum rules without consideration of the overall situation?

Well, they'll get exactly what they deserve, I guess: A worse reputation and a loss of even more consumer loyalty. Good trade to close those dupe threads, right?

- - - Updated - - -

And as I said to MoanaLisa, Blizzard will get what they deserve too. It's a bad move by them, hands down.

Oh, and for the record, I have no stake in this. I didn't buy or pre-order WC3:Reforged. I don't post on the Blizzard forums. This is just my outside opinion on the matter.
    Posting repeat threads is blatantly against the rules of the forums. It's not a bad move by Blizzard. If someone doesn't want to follow the rules, they get a ban. Instead of being a baby wanting attention, they should have just posted in a thread that was relevant to their venting. But they wanted the spotlight and so they pay for it.

It's not a bad move by Blizzard.
    Oh, so it's not infuriating an already angry and disappointed customer base? What, exactly, is the positive outcome for Blizzard in this scenario?

If someone doesn't want to follow the rules, they get a ban. Instead of being a baby wanting attention, they should have just posted in a thread that was relevant to their venting. But they wanted the spotlight and so they pay for it.
    God...I love how people who paid for a product that wasn't what was advertised, and are rightfully angry about it, who can't even get refunds in many cases.....are labeled as "babies wanting attention". What the fuck. Seriously. how badly does Blizzard need to screw up and rip off players before it actually becomes their fault instead of the people being swindled?

Yeah, the players in question pay for it with an unnecessary ban. And like I said before, Blizzard will pay for it with a further degradation of their already poor reputation. If you want to ignore the obvious consequences of this, then I would kindly suggest you pull your head out of the sand.

Oh, so it's not infuriating an already angry and disappointed customer base? What, exactly, is the positive outcome for Blizzard in this scenario?

God...I love how people who paid for a product that wasn't what was advertised, and are rightfully angry about it, who can't even get refunds in many cases.....are labeled as "babies wanting attention". What the fuck. Seriously.

Yeah, they pay for it with an unnecessary ban. And like I said before, Blizzard will pay for it with a further degradation of their already poor reputation. If you want to ignore the obvious consequences of this, then I would kindly suggest you pull your head out of the sand.
    Try actually reading what I'm saying. If they want to complain, there's already at least two threads they can run to and complain in. Making a new thread is just that person wanting to call the attention to themselves rather than legitimately say something constructive. So they get banned because they decided calling attention to themselves is more important than following the forum rules. Anyone who thinks there will be negative consequences for Blizzard are immature whiners that are pissed they couldn't call attention to themselves.

Like I said, if they wanted to vent their frustration, they can easily do it in a thread that's ALREADY POSTED. Stop defending idiots who break the rules for attention.