Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Blizzard bans are hardly surprising.

I fail to understand the backlash Blizzard is getting when it comes to the bans.

I see many Youtubers reporting about Blizzard is banning Official WoW forum users, for creating threads on 'how to get a refund' regards to W3
    and they are justifying the bans, as 'Blizzard is banning, because bad image no profits'.

Like come on, I have been banned many times on WoW Forums and ingame for stupid shit for years, perhaps they are banning due to the fact that the users don't follow forum guidelines?

Calm ya tits as the wise dwarf said.

Im not in any way, shape or form happy with the current blizzard and what they are doing with the games i used to love. But there is absolutely no secret there is a ginormous blizzard bad circlejerk going on now. Shitload of youtubers making clickbait bullshit and fake rage and slactivists making fake drama for next to nothing. Many of these bans are for other legit reasons and people are just jumping on the bandwagon, lying about the bans, to get some hate points out and some internet points on reddit

Blizzard needs to change, but so does the community and the so called "fans"
    Last edited by glowpipe; 2020-02-01 at 01:09 AM.

have you seen Bethesda and the crap over fallout 76?
    blizzard is reaching those levels if this story is true.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    it wouldn't be the first time they did this.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    They are probaly banning because to many thread of this type were created. At least by their reasons.

In reality they dont want people to get money back.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    Yeah no, not even close.
    bethesda peram banned people randomly ingame and on the forums.
    this is just blizz temp banning people trolling.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    They are probaly banning because to many thread of this type were created. At least by their reasons.

In reality they dont want people to get money back.
    i mean if they didnt want people getting their money back, they wouldnt have made refunding so super easy.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Yeah no, not even close.
    bethesda peram banned people randomly ingame and on the forums.
    this is just blizz temp banning people trolling.

- - - Updated - - -

i mean if they didnt want people getting their money back, they wouldnt have made refunding so super easy.
    there seems to be conflicting information on the ease of refunding....
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's pretty much just removing duplicates. I still see 2 days old thread that tells exactly how to get a refund. With an advanced warning to do it fast enough, to boot.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wa...too-late/15269

I recall something similar happening before. Lots and lots of complaints, but it basically just boiled down to removing duplicates.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    there seems to be conflicting information on the ease of refunding....
    I had 0 issues with it, and I had it pre-ordered pretty much right when pre-orders started.

Literally went to support, typed in 'refund Warcraft III Reforged' went to a page that said 'you have no orders eligible for refund' (makes sense given it was pre-ordered months ago) clicked on 'contact support', chose 'request refund' from drop down, plopped in 'Warcraft III Reforged' with absolutely nothing else in the comment box. and had an email within a half hour saying I'd been refunded to the original method of payment and a pleasant note from the support people inviting me to keep an eye on future patch notes at the battle.net forums.

Honestly, I do not think I've had a more simple and painless process, beyond refunding stuff on steam - I figured for sure i'd get a note back asking for more info given I literally just put Warcraft III Reloaded in the message.

I even filled out the survey telling them as much.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    I think it's pretty much just removing duplicates. I still see 2 days old thread that tells exactly how to get a refund. With an advanced warning to do it fast enough, to boot.

I recall something similar happening before. Lots and lots of complaints, but it basically just boiled down to removing duplicates.
    yeah, blizz and well even here on mmochamp has a rule of "Dont make a thread if there is obviously already one made and being used"

That way the thread does not look like this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by blackblade View Post
    I had 0 issues with it, and I had it pre-ordered pretty much right when pre-orders started.

Literally went to support, typed in 'refund Warcraft III Reforged' went to a page that said 'you have no orders eligible for refund' (makes sense given it was pre-ordered months ago) clicked on 'contact support', chose 'request refund' from drop down, plopped in 'Warcraft III Reforged' with absolutely nothing else in the comment box. and had an email within a half hour saying I'd been refunded to the original method of payment and a pleasant note from the support people inviting me to keep an eye on future patch notes at the battle.net forums.

Honestly, I do not think I've had a more simple and painless process, beyond refunding stuff on steam - I figured for sure i'd get a note back asking for more info given I literally just put Warcraft III Reloaded in the message.

I even filled out the survey telling them as much.
    I mean it just came out so i would assume you should be able to refund it no problem. Of course people won't go through the steps you did because they would rather make a long rant post about the game first.

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post

Yeah, but even if it's technically a violation, just remove the duplicates and be done there. Handing out bans during a time when you know players are already up in arms, and making yourself look bad is just not a good move.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Yeah, but even if it's technically a violation, just remove the duplicates and be done there. Handing out bans during a time when you know players are already up in arms, and making yourself look bad is just not a good move.
    its most likely they are removing them, people then make "wow blzizard is censoring me" threads, and then they get banned.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    its most likely they are removing them, people then make "wow blzizard is censoring me" threads, and then they get banned.
    Making that assumption is just as bad. Unless you have more evidence than the guys claiming the bans are due to BlizzCoverUp(tm)?

Surprising no, but are they justifiable or not? That is the real question.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    I never understood blizzard logic. Instead of banning, they could just merge the threads into a mega ones. But they had to go the china cenzorship way. (and yes i know they are the owners and they can do whatever they want)

I should've slaughtered you and your malformed breth---er, sorry, it's reflex from reading the title.

But yeah, lots of the bans are from language/conduct. Still a shitty look.

Quote Originally Posted by Savant View Post
    I fail to understand the backlash Blizzard is getting when it comes to the bans.

I see many Youtubers reporting about Blizzard is banning Official WoW forum users, for creating threads on 'how to get a refund' regards to W3
    and they are justifying the bans, as 'Blizzard is banning, because bad image no profits'.

Like come on, I have been banned many times on WoW Forums and ingame for stupid shit for years, perhaps they are banning due to the fact that the users don't follow forum guidelines?

Calm ya tits as the wise dwarf said.
    I'm trying to think of a time someone was banned on the WoW forums where it WASN'T a forum Code of Conduct infraction or Terms of Use (for Blizzard websites) issue. People like to overreact and start drama where it doesn't exist because their rule breaking comment/thread/post got closed or deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinyc View Post
    I'm trying to think of a time someone was banned on the WoW forums where it WASN'T a forum Code of Conduct infraction or Terms of Use (for Blizzard websites) issue. People like to overreact and start drama where it doesn't exist because their rule breaking comment/thread/post got closed or deleted.
    Oh I can give you a few

Like the time I was suspended for a post that broke NO rules whatsoever, but the suspension was because ()and I am not kidding) "a lot of people didnt like it"..HELLOOOOO that someone didnt like what i said because it hurt their widdle feewings is not a valid reason for a suspension

Or the one before I quit all Blizzard games for good over a post an overzealous forum mod didnt like..I have actually TWO out of three suspensions that were overturned because their forum mods are stupid.

I got one where I quoted a specific post to get it to the attention of a CM where the discussion was over a specific issue, the CM ASKED me to show it to him,., i did and got a suspension for spamming.

Lets recap that: I was suspended for "spamming" because I reposted an article AT THE REQUEST OF THE CM.

It was overturned on appeal...AFTER the 48 hr suspension period. Blizzard doesnt have any OCE based forum mods..so in basics I was suspended by an AMERICAN mod on AMERICAN time.

The Blizz forum mods are overzealous and I suspect also suspend people based on little else than their own prejudices. They are a joke.

What they are doing right now can be summed up in two words

DAMAGE CONTROL.
    Last edited by Aehl; 2020-02-01 at 04:40 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    I never understood blizzard logic. Instead of banning, they could just merge the threads into a mega ones. But they had to go the china cenzorship way. (and yes i know they are the owners and they can do whatever they want)
    1. they cant merge threads
    2. they do that, and people just keep going
    3. no its not china censorship... that is not even somewhat close.