Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayirasi View Post
    Oh good, confirmation that there'll be no Brazil, USA, Mexico and Canada for 2020. Disappointed, but I wouldn't want to come here, either.

But, ooh... Nurburgring, Imola, and Portugal.
    Nurburgring and Imola are going to be interesting. October-November for a race in europe is almost certainly going to risk rain, or hell even snow. For portugal, glad it is not Estoril. It's too similar to Circuit De Barcelona-Catalunya for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    For portugal, glad it is not Estoril. It's too similar to Circuit De Barcelona-Catalunya for me.
    The elevation changes with blind corners looked scary enough when Chris Harris was sliding about in 911s and P1s, but a full grid of F1 cars... can't wait.

Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

Bit of a misleading title to that youtube video, given it's a lap of a youtuber playing an Assetto Corsa community mod, but he's a good driver so you get a nice idea. Portimao looks absolutely mental in an F1 car, takes on a new life compared to seeing road cars lapping it.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    Bit of a misleading title to that youtube video, given it's a lap of a youtuber playing an Assetto Corsa community mod, but he's a good driver so you get a nice idea. Portimao looks absolutely mental in an F1 car, takes on a new life compared to seeing road cars lapping it.
    There's also a small issue of the F1 track likely being different (albeit slightly) to what is shown above. But that track does look amazing to see. Also it isn't a Tilkedrome

10+ Year Old Account
    Perez tested positive for covid-19, not going to drive either of the two 2 Silverstone races. Esteban Gutiérrez is most likely going to replace him.

Quote Originally Posted by Enjeh View Post
    Perez tested positive for covid-19, not going to drive either of the two 2 Silverstone races. Esteban Gutiérrez is most likely going to replace him.
    Could be worrying if someone else in the team also tests positive. Could spell the end to the season if people feel it has a chance of spreading around the paddock.

Quote Originally Posted by Enjeh View Post
    How the heck something like that happens? What happened to "strict covid protocols"? That's a massive screw up and things just don't add up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pohut View Post
    How the heck something like that happens? What happened to "strict covid protocols"? That's a massive screw up and things just don't add up.
    According to the ESPN Mexico, he flew home after Hungarian GP, was spotted at a restaurant in Andares, was seen taking pictures with fans, after that he and his family flew to Italy to have vacation. His wife have since removed the pictures on Instagram.

Strict protocols seems to only apply to the race area lol.

also, the speculation on the reserve driver continues, Gutiérrez would have to do a 300km test (which can't be done during any of the free practices) to renew the Super License, that leaves Hülkenberg in contention for it.
    Last edited by Enjeh; 2020-07-31 at 02:09 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ahw good old half Dutchie Hulkenberg.
    Wouldn't it be amazing that he would get his first podium as a replacement.

Just to be stripped away from him when the FIA agree with Renault......

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansworst View Post
    Ahw good old half Dutchie Hulkenberg.
    Wouldn't it be amazing that he would get his first podium as a replacement.

Just to be stripped away from him when the FIA agree with Renault......
    both you and me know that if there is a possibility of a podium, he will bin it.

10+ Year Old Account
    No sympathy for Perez. Hopefully he won't have ruined things for everyone else. Give his seat to Hulk for the remainder of the season.
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

I can have some sympathy for him, but he only has himself to blame. There was some tone in Paul Di Resta's voice to suggest he was quite salty he didn't get called for the job.

The only reason for Verstappen to show up tomorrow is the chance of a third-place trophy. Everybody else might as well not show up.

Can it get any worse, Mercedes are an easy clear second ahead of the field. I turned on the qualifying this afternoon, fell asleep during it and woke up just after it had finished and I already knew the lineup for the top 4 positions, it's so predictable. I didn't catch how Albon missed Q3 but I don't suspect his seat is looking very safe for next year when Verstappen put it 3rd.

Can it get any worse, Mercedes are an easy clear second ahead of the field. I turned on the qualifying this afternoon, fell asleep during it and woke up just after it had finished and I already knew the lineup for the top 4 positions, it's so predictable. I didn't catch how Albon missed Q3 but I don't suspect his seat is looking very safe for next year when Verstappen put it 3rd.
    Mercedes is the only top-3 team that actually made their car faster this year. The Ferrari and the Red Bull are about 2-3 tenths of a second down on last year (it'll be even worse at Spa in a few weeks) while Mercedes have gained at least 5 tenths (I think it's mostly that new rear suspension that allows them to put the power down slightly earlier than everybody else). That Red Bull in particular looks like a real handful to drive - it doesn't surprise me that a rookie is having trouble with that car when it even takes Verstappen by surprise. Don't forget that Albon has only half a season of races in an F1 car.

Red Bull seems to maybe have learned their lesson with how they're treating Albon. They've got Riccardo's race engineer to help Albon now, before they just threw Gasly and Kvyat to the wolves if they were underperforming. Probably helps that they have nobody to replace him with, but still.

Someone call Pirelli and tell them their tyres suck again.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Someone call Pirelli and tell them their tyres suck again.
    Also tell them "good job" because they made an otherwise boring race quite awesome. It's a shame that excitement comes with danger, but that's the name of the game sometimes. I was praying for Max at the end, he's such a beast to be able to hang on to the Mercs like that to begin with.

Next week the compounds are a step softer (this week's hard becomes the medium, medium becomes the soft), so 2 stops is locked in, but if it's hotter maybe a 3 stop will be necessary?

10+ Year Old Account
    Black tires matter?

Also tell them "good job" because they made an otherwise boring race quite awesome. It's a shame that excitement comes with danger, but that's the name of the game sometimes. I was praying for Max at the end, he's such a beast to be able to hang on to the Mercs like that to begin with.
    How about not praising fuck ups and tell the other teams to get their heads out of their asses instead.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Butler to Baby Sloths View Post
    Next week the compounds are a step softer (this week's hard becomes the medium, medium becomes the soft), so 2 stops is locked in, but if it's hotter maybe a 3 stop will be necessary?
    Wait wouldn't that make next weeks a step harder?